• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

You know what the funny thing about this is.

A certain poster criticises Adebayor for publicly going against the club and informs us that he's "signed his transfer request" and "he's made his bed" but look at the same damn posters response when his idol Hugo Lloris makes the comment about "it could not go on". The guy is so infatuated with this player he doesn't even see how fudging pathetic and hypocritical he sounds.

For Ade going against the club he's a goner but Lloris making negative comments is totally fine...hell he's actually on the players side and insinuates that AVB and Levy lied to him about his position at the club:ross::ross:

it does get really annoying

Well when you're in the "Hugo Lloris fan club" i guess it's the player before the club. What's really annoying is nobody actually calls him out on this blatant hypocricy and allow him to freely spout this poisonous brick whenever he wants.

Definitely this.

plus its hard to keep track of his comments...he's constantly editing it minutes and hours and days after...what you read is never what he's actually posted. a change of a word here, an apostrophe there...and that titanaboa has slithered through the eye of a key hole

i almost fainted when he said "Freidel is a GOOD keeper" watch how now that will be aaallll he's been saying all along and all he wanted was to humbly just advocate that we had a better goalie now but freidel had done an admirable job for the short term......then the last bit to sign off on...."That is all"...BANG!!!! He's out

Achievements that haven't been earned aren't really achievements at all.

I think he is going to be a world class Goalkeeper with us. December was not a month that he showed it in any way shape or form just because the teams we played were crap in an offensive sense.

I was referring to his good showings last month - 3 clean sheets, etc.

Not sure if he's going to be world class (here's hoping!) but thought his displays were solid and he did really well overall. As for the last line - similar to suggesting RvP's goals are all against bottom 8 teams.

it does get really annoying

Why does it get annoying out of interest?
To my mind Ade’s comments are not in the same ballpark as Lloris’

Ade has (unintentionally imo) stoked up a hostile media by stating that AVB’s media sound bites are not 100% truthful. Tbh I don’t doubt this, it’s the classic manager protecting their player in public but saying something different behind closed doors. I’d hardly expect AVB to be enamoured that one of our2 (or 3 if you count Dempsey) senior strikers is going to be away for month, particularly as the U Turn is so late in the day, and fully expect him to act in the best interests of the club and try and convince Ade to stay put in private, but at the same time publically acknowledge Ade’s desire to represent his country.

Ade was naïve to not expect his comments to be construed as an “AVB attack”, however I disagree with Arcspace that its effectively signed his transfer request, I think its probably much ado about nothing.

However I can’t see how its hypocritical to criticise Ade but support Lloris. Lloris merely commented that the “situation couldn’t go on” and nor would we expect him to think any different. Hardly controversial and its come out after he has established himself as a first team regular.
I’m new here so maybe it’s a personal agenda against a particular poster but I really don’t see the issue here at all

I was referring to his good showings last month - 3 clean sheets, etc.

Not sure if he's going to be world class (here's hoping!) but thought his displays were solid and he did really well overall. As for the last line - similar to suggesting RvP's goals are all against bottom 8 teams.

If three clean sheets is all it takes for a goalkeeper to win it, they may as well give it to Reina.

No - that is simply one of his achievements

There was much more to his displays last month, as far as I'm concerned but clearly you're of the oposite view so fair dos

A lot of this thread is now a mystery to me, because I have quite a few on ignore:)

Just in case anyone is still saying I'm the reincarnation of another poster, as Scara has said, I'm not.

Re Ade, I haven't come out and criticised him for his comments. I'm fed up with the way he's been playing, especially after he played so well last year, and that's what I'm concentrating on. I really hope we get in another striker, but I don't expect us to do so.

Lloris' comments as is known, I support 100%.

Last edited:
To me it’s not a surprise that Lloris has been nominated for December player of the month and rightly so.
To compare him to Reina on clean sheets kept is slightly foolhardy. Reina has been a Premiership keeper since 2005/06 if I’m not mistaken.
Lloris has been here for three to four months and established himself as Number 1 in November. Given the context of Lloris’ elevation to number one, the scrutiny on him and the fact that during December he’s performed to a high standard whilst having the central defenders in front of him rotated over the Christmas period I think a nomination is fully justified.

I would be surprised if he does win it though as there have been arguably higher profile outfield players who will win it.

To me it’s not a surprise that Lloris has been nominated for December player of the month and rightly so.
To compare him to Reina on clean sheets kept is slightly foolhardy. Reina has been a Premiership keeper since 2005/06 if I’m not mistaken.
Lloris has been here for three to four months and established himself as Number 1 in November. Given the context of Lloris’ elevation to number one, the scrutiny on him and the fact that during December he’s performed to a high standard whilst having the central defenders in front of him rotated over the Christmas period I think a nomination is fully justified.

I would be surprised if he does win it though as there have been arguably higher profile outfield players who will win it.

Very well put, agree completely

I think unfortunately this rings true.

I think this creates a blind spot with Lloris as well, where it's like anything he does is expected because he's supposed to be this "world class keeper".

He prevents scoring chances against us by being so pro active. It's difficult to quantify but being the sweeper keeper he is, he prevents situations before they even happen. The best example of this is the late punch away against Swansea when he went thru Michu, had he stayed on his line, which make no mistake, most keepers would have done, then it's a 1 on 1 with the keeper and any save the keeper makes then is a match winner, but Lloris should get the same accolade because he stopped the chance before it even happened.

This all day long =D>

I think unfortunately this rings true.

I think this creates a blind spot with Lloris as well, where it's like anything he does is expected because he's supposed to be this "world class keeper".

He prevents scoring chances against us by being so pro active. It's difficult to quantify but being the sweeper keeper he is, he prevents situations before they even happen. The best example of this is the late punch away against Swansea when he went thru Michu, had he stayed on his line, which make no mistake, most keepers would have done, then it's a 1 on 1 with the keeper and any save the keeper makes then is a match winner, but Lloris should get the same accolade because he stopped the chance before it even happened.

It was nothing to do with Redknapp, Jesus Christ, people claim the pro Harry posters are obsessed!

People wanted Lloris to earn the job rather than having it handed to him. I think AVB handled it perfectly. If we signed Lloris before the season, then there is no doubt IMO he would have started the season as no.1

And the Lloris fans were so overly critical of Friedel it was embarrassing and quite frankly, transparent. He made countless saves in the Norwich and West Brom home games that were overlooked just because he had the nerve to concede one goal in each game. Nothing to do with our shaky defence at the time I suppose.

Really pleased about Hugo's nomination.

As for the Brad v Hugo debate, us Lloris fans had to get proactive because it was doing our heads in, certainly me that Hugo was being unfairly benched because of poor-decision making by AVB. I didn't start having a go at Brad, I just kept pointing out how Hugo would improve the team, and guess what , he has. Us Lloris fans were confident in him, a lot of Spurs fans weren't or gave him really faint backing.

Really pleased about Hugo's nomination.

As for the Brad v Hugo debate, us Lloris fans had to get proactive because it was doing our heads in, certainly me that Hugo was being unfairly benched because of poor-decision making by AVB. I didn't start having a go at Brad, I just kept pointing out how Hugo would improve the team, and guess what , he has. Us Lloris fans were confident in him, a lot of Spurs fans weren't or gave him really faint backing.

It was always on the cards that Lloris would be Tottenham's first choice goalkeeper for the foreseeable future, but while Friedel was still performing very well the transition had to be handled in a way that respected both players.

I think that by and large, AVB handled the situation very well indeed and full marks to Brad for being a consummate professional and wanting to stay with Spurs.

It was always on the cards that Lloris would be Tottenham's first choice goalkeeper for the foreseeable future, but while Friedel was still performing very well the transition had to be handled in a way that respected both players.

I think that by and large, AVB handled the situation very well indeed and full marks to Brad for being a consummate professional and wanting to stay with Spurs.

Absoultely! One thing I always praised AVB for was the handling of that situation. It's been suggested that some people only wanted Friedel in goal because of some emotional tie to Redknapp which is absurd. I've been a big critic of Adebayor; A Redknapp signing, so how does that work?

Back