• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

An absolute joke? Its not like he was shipping goals left right and centre. We had one of the meanest defences in the league in the past month: the only constant throughout was Lloris as the centre backs rotated.

Its not really his fault that he got nominated for an award is it? Seems that some people want lynch our players for getting recognition??

No he wasn't shipping goals, but that wasn't because he was putting in amazing performances, it's because the sides we've played in December could barely put together a decent premier league attack between them. (bar Everton) He was relatively untested.

I didn't say i want to lynch him, i didn't even hold it against the player, just stated that he has not been one of the best in the league in december. Which is true, he hasn't had to be.

Last edited:
Those ratings are sometimes meaningless and a-contextual

And mostly because some of those ratings are given by posters who still (and probably will for a long time) hold substantial reservetations and bias towards him (in relation to Brad, AVB, Arry, etc.). It's just how this place works. You are possibly one of those, no offence, mate - could be subliminal.

Why are you so desperate to strip him of any achievements?

GG is a funny place

Also - he's been nominated - not won it

He's been superb for us this month, imv

Achievements that haven't been earned aren't really achievements at all.

I think he is going to be a world class Goalkeeper with us. December was not a month that he showed it in any way shape or form just because the teams we played were crap in an offensive sense.

Personally, I think many posters were (innocently) unaware of his quality / had actual exposure to an objective sample of his games (beyond some flimflam WC/CL 5-minute highlights).

Subsequently came the natural 'reservation' towards the new and foreign 'toy' replacing the old and trusted gramofone (you'd also find many of those were some of Redknapp's most vocal disciples during his last days and saw Brad's elimination as yet another stab in the 'Arry voodoo doll by the evil Portugueezer. All you have to do is cross-reference a few usernames and threads.

Brad's a good keeper, and in my view - should have chosen to leave and continue playing regurarly elsewhere while keeing his match sharpness instead of the safe pay-packet. I'd also be petrified to have a 42-year old who plays once a month in the sticks against Lyon but hopefully common sense will prevail. Lloris is simply better - I see nothing disrespectful towards Brad in that statement. Some mates drive a better motor than me - I see nothing disrespectful in that either.

Fair comments. I don't know the history of GG as you do. But the lukewarm reaction by Spurs fans overall and the media to Hugo's arrival really incensed me. It was like we'd signed a promising keeper not the captain of France and arguably the best/highest rated player that ENIC have ever signed. when I think of the fuss about players like Bentley and Defoe, I just have to laugh at it all. It's so biased it is actually funny.

That quote talks about his game - nothing about the Brad fiasco.

To me - the earlier one is a strong statement - 'it could not go on' can only be interpreted in so many ways, would you not agree? Do you think when we were signing him Levy/AVB informed him he'll be a squad player or a sub to a 42 year old? Come one, mate

Exactly Levy or AVB must have told him he'd be No.1 or I can't think he would have signed. Then IMHO it transpired someone was b'being economical with the truth' and Hugo got rightly tinkled off.

Personally, I think many posters were (innocently) unaware of his quality / had actual exposure to an objective sample of his games (beyond some flimflam WC/CL 5-minute highlights).

Subsequently came the natural 'reservation' towards the new and foreign 'toy' replacing the old and trusted gramofone (you'd also find many of those were some of Redknapp's most vocal disciples during his last days and saw Brad's elimination as yet another stab in the 'Arry voodoo doll by the evil Portugueezer. All you have to do is cross-reference a few usernames and threads.

I think unfortunately this rings true.

I think this creates a blind spot with Lloris as well, where it's like anything he does is expected because he's supposed to be this "world class keeper".

He prevents scoring chances against us by being so pro active. It's difficult to quantify but being the sweeper keeper he is, he prevents situations before they even happen. The best example of this is the late punch away against Swansea when he went thru Michu, had he stayed on his line, which make no mistake, most keepers would have done, then it's a 1 on 1 with the keeper and any save the keeper makes then is a match winner, but Lloris should get the same accolade because he stopped the chance before it even happened.

Last edited:
Exactly Levy or AVB must have told him he'd be No.1 or I can't think he would have signed. Then IMHO it transpired someone was b'being economical with the truth' and Hugo got rightly tinkled off.

I'm not sure why you want to believe / focus on that quote when there were other quotes saying he was happy here and with the situation?

I think in hindsight AVB handled it pretty well, personally i'd have liked Lloris in earlier but you have to look at a number of other factors like team spirit, trusting the manger to trust you if your performing well, etc.

I'm not sure why you want to believe / focus on that quote when there were other quotes saying he was happy here and with the situation?

I think in hindsight AVB handled it pretty well, personally i'd have liked Lloris in earlier but you have to look at a number of other factors like team spirit, trusting the manger to trust you if your performing well, etc.

I guess I want to believe it because it suits my version of events and makes sense to me.

As you know I don't think AVB handled the situation well, and it meant Lloris having to talk to him or at least someone I think did, in order to help him see he wasn't handling this situation well.

As I've said I think overall AVB is doing a great job, but not on this particular dispute. It's all credit to the mental strength and professionalism of Hugo that he didn't let things get to him, despite the pressure and embarrassment he faced over the situation.

Fair comments. I don't know the history of GG as you do. But the lukewarm reaction by Spurs fans overall and the media to Hugo's arrival really incensed me. It was like we'd signed a promising keeper not the captain of France and arguably the best/highest rated player that ENIC have ever signed. when I think of the fuss about players like Bentley and Defoe, I just have to laugh at it all. It's so biased it is actually funny.

Bless your bleeding little heart once again for being so fist clenchingly "incensed" on Hugo's behalf. I don't know how he would manage without you.

Or maybe...since you lack the imagination to consider it....he understood, like every other rational person, that he had to be introduced to English football gradually - especially in light of the fact that he had had no pre season with Spurs.

I guess I want to believe it because it suits my version of events and makes sense to me.

As you know I don't think AVB handled the situation well, and it meant Lloris having to talk to him or at least someone I think did, in order to help him see he wasn't handling this situation well.

As I've said I think overall AVB is doing a great job, but not on this particular dispute. It's all credit to the mental strength and professionalism of Hugo that he didn't let things get to him, despite the pressure and embarrassment he faced over the situation.

Arf!

You don't half talk a load of brick!

No one is/was biased against Lloris. They just saw no reason at the time to drop Friedel as he was playing 7 out of 10s most games and people wanted Lloris to earn it rather than just being given the job. Doesn't send out a good message when you drop a player who is in good form mid season. If Lloris had been signed at the start of the season, he probably would have been no.1 from day 1.

What's Redknapp got to do with this? AVB was the one who wasn't picking Lloris when we first signed him.

exactly this

if over exertion into looking at lloris' flaws was ever on the table it would have been because of a couple of people that were in his corner...... and those same people absolutely slating brad with innuendos and claiming he was never actually that good. calling for him to go to his championship level. all this of a true professional man that served us very well when we needed him.

added to that, major hypocrites to then look for anything to slate brad about in games and at the same time a single wave of the hand from lloris in a game and he's man of the match

brad was here for at least one year, and a new guy comes in and i'm going to ditch the support of a guy here thats IMO played consistently well for us? no thanks....i'll leave that kind of support to the guys that go to chelsea games and abrahmovic

Back