• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Erm...sorry if this is a bit pedantic, but arent there always World Class keepers? isnt being "world class" relative to the stat quo? Granted, the phrase gets overused a great deal, but I think its being harsh to say Joe Hart is "nowhere near" being World Class; how many keepers can you name that are better than him?

World class means you are at the top of your position. Looking at this season, Joe Hart is not. World class to me is you put in a great performance 4 out of every 5 matches, as a keeper you dont have to be involved in the action for 90 mins but as Hart showed against Sunderland, one mistake and has cost his team. Hart this season has been found out in his positioning and his mentality in the way he controls the defence and concentrates, i believe this is being highlighted as Emirates Marketing Project arnt scoring many at the moment so conceding even 1 goal is having serious consequences.

As for better keepers then him at the moment, i dont care. Just because there is a lack of great goal keepers at the moment does make Hart 'World Class' - no wonder the term gets overused. but i would definitely say Neuer, Casillas are better (bad form doesnt count) and im particularly impressed with Handanovic

I've been saying Hugo is world class since he signed for us. Why? Because he is.

Another poster said 'if he is world class then 8 keepers in the Prem are world class'. That's not the case, already Lloris has shown he is the best keeper in the country, no way can anyone name 7 prem keepers as good as him, realistically.

And as I keep saying Hugo is wayyyyyyyy better than Brad, how anyone can't see that now is beyond me.

Outstanding for me today. Dealt with everything that came into the box, unlucky to concede the goal after making such a good save too.
Seems to talk to the defenders a lot too

Top class.

Absolute bargain at that price.

Fills me a confidence I can't remember feeling from a Spurs goalkeeper.

Loved the chanting towards him today.

Played really well against Sunderland, not too many saves to make but did seem confident claiming the ball and a few quality punches as well.

I think best goalkeeper in the country is a bit strong, and although I really haven't watched enough football to properly back that opinion I'd say that he's had good games but I haven't seen him make the impossible saves you'd expect the best goalkeeper in the country to make, but perhaps he hasn't had the opportunity to do so just yet. I'm very happy with him as our number one though, now it's time to get our goalkeeper situation sorted out so we're not paying the wages of four senior goalkeepers please Mr Levy.

I think Begovic has been one of the standout keepers in the prem so far, but there honestly isn't another keeper in the league I'd take over Lloris.

I think Begovic has been one of the standout keepers in the prem so far, but there honestly isn't another keeper in the league I'd take over Lloris.

I wouldnt take anyone over Lloris but I do like Al Habsi and like you say Begovic. Hart has been fairly poor by his standards although there have been one or two standout games like against Dortmund.

As it stands though yeah there arent many great keepers. If Reina is worth 20m im unsure how much Lloris is worth - 25-30m. I am very surprised Arse didnt go for Lloris as dare I say it he seems a great fit for them.

I wouldnt take anyone over Lloris but I do like Al Habsi and like you say Begovic. Hart has been fairly poor by his standards although there have been one or two standout games like against Dortmund.

As it stands though yeah there arent many great keepers. If Reina is worth 20m im unsure how much Lloris is worth - 25-30m. I am very surprised Arse didnt go for Lloris as dare I say it he seems a great fit for them.

I'm more worried about United coming in for Lloris. Arsenal know there is no point in them bidding for our players as it would take ridiculously silly money (which they don't have) in order for us to sell them a prized asset.

Hart has had a terrible season. Most of the saves in that Dortmund game were straight at him, and he was also at fault again for the goal.

Given his iffy form for quite some time now Reina is worth no more than £10m, but it's seller's market when it comes to goalkeepers. Lloris is somewhere between £15 and 20 million.

I'm more worried about United coming in for Lloris. Arsenal know there is no point in them bidding for our players as it would take ridiculously silly money (which they don't have) in order for us to sell them a prized asset.

Hart has had a terrible season. Most of the saves in that Dortmund game were straight at him, and he was also at fault again for the goal.

Manure could do if De Gea goes to Madrid but I cant se De Gea going to Madrid and cant see Manure having the money for Lloris (I wouldnt sell him anyways)

Given his iffy form for quite some time now Reina is worth no more than £10m, but it's seller's market when it comes to goalkeepers. Lloris is somewhere between £15 and 20 million.

There arent many good keepers about - we definitely got another bargain with Lloris. I wasnt aware of his abilities too much but he has really impressed me with his, as the report says, the governance of his area.

The one thing I want from a keeper is to play like he fudgein owns that area of his and he has done that. Friedel unfortunately, as much as I liked him and is a very good keeper, he owned the 6 yard box and thats really it.

Back