• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

Here's some stats on our midfielders. Stats are from http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/ and are for games played by Tottenham only.

Code:
Modric         16 goals in 12141 minutes      759 minutes per goal
Huddlestone    13 goals in 12975 minutes      998 minutes per goal
Livermore       1 goal  in  1821 minutes     1821 minutes per goal
Sandro          1 goal  in  2519 minutes     2519 minutes per goal
Parker          0 goals in  2382 minutes        0 minutes per goal

Code:
Modric         26 assists in 12141 minutes      467 minutes per assist
Huddlestone    23 assists in 12975 minutes      564 minutes per assist
Sandro          3 assists in  2519 minutes      840 minutes per assist
Parker          2 assists in  2382 minutes     1191 minutes per assist
Livermore       0 assists in  1821 minutes        0 minutes per assist

The absence of Tom Huddlestone in midfield has been one of our greatest setbacks in pursuit of 3rd or higher.

This is no cut at Parker either, but the lack of creativity and passing from deep in midfield has generally been lacking since he's been out. The array of passes and vision Tom has could have easily helped us create more chances. His range in passing would have let us get it out to benoit, bale and walker much faster than at present and that would allow us more opportunities on the break.

In defence he's no slouch either. To my recollection, he's been used as a CB before and is more than capable of handling his defensive duties. Parker may be a bit more inclined to press an opponent or breakup play a little more but is totally clueless when going forward.

We've all seen it, Parker's best pass is one straight back where it came from, as he runs at said player. When he's in we rely too much on the creativity of VdV which causes him to drop even deeper and leaves us one less body from upfront. Hudd is able to pass it out wider or to more advanced players (position wise) and get the attack moving much quicker.

The Modric-Huddlestone partnership was good enough to get us 4th once, and imo would have definitely been good enough for a repeat. I'm unsure why this hasn't been brought up yet?

It'll be interesting to see what 'Arry or any new manager does once Tom returns, with our depth in central midfield.

couldn't find this topic anywhere, mods please delete/move if its already been discussed

you guys are coming out of the woodwork. let me ask you something, where were you with all tis when we were winning?

Supporters Guide Volume 3.
Under: List of Excuses.
Rule 14 para b states:

In times of difficulties and a run of bad form fans should always identify a player suffering from a long term injury.
Thus player can be used as a reason/excuse as to why form and/or results are so dire.

See: Kranjcar, Defoe, Dawson, Lennon.

top post. i think you should keep making these lists

Here's some stats on our midfielders. Stats are from http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/ and are for games played by Tottenham only.

Code:
Modric         16 goals in 12141 minutes      759 minutes per goal
Huddlestone    13 goals in 12975 minutes      998 minutes per goal
Livermore       1 goal  in  1821 minutes     1821 minutes per goal
Sandro          1 goal  in  2519 minutes     2519 minutes per goal
Parker          0 goals in  2382 minutes        0 minutes per goal

Code:
Modric         26 assists in 12141 minutes      467 minutes per assist
Huddlestone    23 assists in 12975 minutes      564 minutes per assist
Sandro          3 assists in  2519 minutes      840 minutes per assist
Parker          2 assists in  2382 minutes     1191 minutes per assist
Livermore       0 assists in  1821 minutes        0 minutes per assist

Those stats would be even better for Huddlestone and Modric if they would count in all the amazing passes they sprayed to the wings or played a perfect through ball to someone who had an easy assist then.

I've been here all along Affy. I've always said that our performances in a lot of matches have been papering over the cracks.

i can honestly say that i believe you. there is no way anyone can forget the heat you've taken speaking your mind on the subject even when we were winning. i'll give you something else..it wasnt until you pointed it out that i noticed that parker is indeed a tad bit slow on the release of the ball to offensive players, ......i honestly never noticed it

but i have to say, when we were playing well parker was lietarlly MOM for alot of the games. he was given that for a reason and its those reasons that still make me think he's our starter next to modric. maybe in certain games we could play with Thudd but the shirt is parkers to lose

i prefer sandro to all of them personally

i can honestly say that i believe you. there is no way anyone can forget the heat you've taken speaking your mind on the subject even when we were winning. i'll give you something else..it wasnt until you pointed it out that i noticed that parker is indeed a tad bit slow on the release of the ball to offensive players, ......i honestly never noticed it

but i have to say, when we were playing well parker was lietarlly MOM for alot of the games. he was given that for a reason and its those reasons that still make me think he's our starter next to modric. maybe in certain games we could play with Thudd but the shirt is parkers to lose

i prefer sandro to all of them personally

If his performances continue to deteriorate I can see Sandro getting the nod soon.

Last edited:

What areas of the pitch do you think hudd plays in for spurs? I bet he occupies very similar positions to alonso.

Well Hudd is no DM thats for sure, he can not tackle, can not track a man, his defensive awareness is poor, he never close opponents down, can not head the ball so what makes you think he plays as a DM;

No chance in hell. Parker is practically Redknapp's son in Law. Hell would freeze over before he gets the officially "dropped"

Plenty of players who are supposedly Redknapp favourites have been dropped before. What Redknapp does tend to do is favour the player who is in the team, if Parker was injured and Sandro had a good run of games, then there is a fair chance he would hold his place.

He plays in the same areas as a DM without doubt, I mean think about it, for almost 2 years he played cm in a midfield of Lennon, modric, hudd and bale. That's 2 out and out flying wingers, if hudd and modric don't hold their pos in a deep ish cm role then we get torn to shreds week in week out, not get 4th and then champs league quarter final!

Out of interest, who do you compare hudd to in terms of someone playing a similar position to him?

His defensive work is nowhere near as bad as you make out either, you need to think more carrack instead of Parker.

Back