• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

The only player who isn't good enough for us in CM is Parker. He cannot pass forward as he lacks the vision and is not on the same wavelength creatively as the other players. You could see even the CBs getting annoyed with his play. I would say even Livermore has played better than him recently without the hollywood all action style that parker appears to show. I have been consistent with my justified criticism of his play and a lot of fans now seem to be seeing what I have seen since the start of the season.

Parker would have probably been consensus player of the season before this run of bad form (still may be). Sorry just because you have been critical of him all season doesn't mean you are right.

Supporters Guide Volume 3.
Under: List of Excuses.
Rule 14 para b states:

In times of difficulties and a run of bad form fans should always identify a player suffering from a long term injury.
Thus player can be used as a reason/excuse as to why form and/or results are so dire.

See: Kranjcar, Defoe, Dawson, Lennon.

The dangerous shot that has produced 8 goals in 7 seasons? I am tired of hearing how ferocious his shot is means nothing how well he can hit them if he can't score

Agree he has scored a grand total of 8 goals in 124 Lge games, without doubt the most overated player at Spurs imo.

Agree he has scored a grand total of 8 goals in 124 Lge games, without doubt the most overated player at Spurs imo.

yes bit of perspective as brick as we all say Modric is in front of goal (which he is) he has still scored 4 more goals than T Hudd in fewer appearances

We've missed Hudd because he has more creativity in his little toe than Parker, Sandro and Livermore do aggregate. That's not to say that any of the latter three have done their jobs poorly, but Hudd would've been huge in games where we've had 71% possession and failed to break down the opposition. He also would be much better in games where we play a central midfield 3 of, say, Modric, Parker and Sandro than one of the latter two.

According to Wikipedia Xabi Alonso has 4 goals in 95 league games for Real, one goal in the last two seasons. Does that mean he is overrated to?

So basically he's forever behind Modric since we'd always have at least one DM irrespective of formation. And he's also 3/4th choice for that DM position in turn becoming joint 5th :D

What players are ahead of him for central mid? Modric, Parker and Sandro? And there are two central midfielder positions at least. How does that make him 5th choice?

Modric and VDV go forward. Parker sits in front of the defence, raping the other team's attack, and building up play. Huddlestone is no longer good enough to get in to our first team and cannot finish us 3rd. Would we have had the amazing run we've had this season with Tom Huddlestone instead of Scott Parker? I think not.

Who.....?

Seriously though with JJ signing a new contract til 2014 we have 6 centre mids so dunno what were planning on doing tbh.

8 goals in 7 seasons, suggests he does not have a good shot. Not the answer , but atm we are looking jaded and in need of something different, but overall he has never really been good enough.

No good enough defensively and not creative enough, very poor assists and goals record

Who.....?

Seriously though with JJ signing a new contract til 2014 we have 6 centre mids so dunno what were planning on doing tbh.

I hope that is some sort of sick joke roy, i have possibly just ruined my evening, why in fudges name would we put a new contract on him, we wont get any money for him might as well just let him go on a fee, same with bentley.

Atleast 6 or 7 times per match,Modric makes great runs into the opposition third but the ball never gets to him mostly because of Parker's limited passing ability.What frustrates me the most is that in some matches this season,Parker played much further up the pitch than Modric and he fudged up alot of our attacks.
Huddlestone on the other hand stays back and he is a perfect partner for Modric in the games where we dominate.

Supporters Guide Volume 3.
Under: List of Excuses.
Rule 14 para b states:

In times of difficulties and a run of bad form fans should always identify a player suffering from a long term injury.
Thus player can be used as a reason/excuse as to why form and/or results are so dire.

See: Kranjcar, Defoe, Dawson, Lennon.

You dont think we miss Lennon?

Modric and VDV go forward. Parker sits in front of the defence, raping the other team's attack, and building up play. Huddlestone is no longer good enough to get in to our first team and cannot finish us 3rd. Would we have had the amazing run we've had this season with Tom Huddlestone instead of Scott Parker? I think not.
Sorry you lost me at building up play there, I don't think passing to the CBS then running towards them to receive the ball again counts as building up play.
Also we had an amazing run with Hudd in the 09/10 season at the end of the season, beating our rivals when it mattered.

You dont think we miss Lennon?

Yeah we miss him.
The point is, whenever a players out for a while we tend to reminice and remember only the great things.
It's like their importance gets exaggerated and an extra ?ú10million is added to their value.

When they do come back, we then remember: Defoe (ohhh wish I had a ?ú1 for everytime he's caught off-side)
Kranky (does he know he's allowed to run?)
Dawson (only half decent when he's got Ledley alongside him / why does he love those 100 yard cross field balls that only have a 20% success?)

The same will happen with Thudd....it'll be (GHod, the mans got the turning circle of a frigate)

Back