• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

Plenty of players who are supposedly Redknapp favourites have been dropped before. What Redknapp does tend to do is favour the player who is in the team, if Parker was injured and Sandro had a good run of games, then there is a fair chance he would hold his place.
There is being one of his favourites like Crouch or Defoe and there his favouritism for Parker. He said to Levy he was the player above all else he wanted us to sign.

I said it long before the season started but I wanted to see a trio in the big games of:

---------Sandro----Huddlestone-----Modric-------------

That was before we signed Parker. WOuld still love to see Thudd in a trio with either Sandro or Parker and Modric. Think it has everything.

Ah come on. Just because Alonso plays deep doesn't mean he's a DM.
The guy plays as a deep lying playmaker, same as Scholes, same as Xavi, same as Pirlo.

Alonso is nothing like Hudd as a player, he plays infront of the Madrid back line and that is his main responabilty and he does it very well. Of course he can bring the ball out but that is not his first concern. Hudd is not good enough to play the same because his defensive part of the game is no where near as good as Alonso.

There is being one of his favourites like Crouch or Defoe and there his favouritism for Parker. He said to Levy he was the player above all else he wanted us to sign.

And our form in the first half of this season justified that decision. Redknapp will have no qualms about dropping/selling Parker when the time comes.

He plays in the same areas as a DM without doubt, I mean think about it, for almost 2 years he played cm in a midfield of Lennon, modric, hudd and bale. That's 2 out and out flying wingers, if hudd and modric don't hold their pos in a deep ish cm role then we get torn to shreds week in week out, not get 4th and then champs league quarter final!

Out of interest, who do you compare hudd to in terms of someone playing a similar position to him?

His defensive work is nowhere near as bad as you make out either, you need to think more carrack instead of Parker.

Its difficult for me to say who i think he comperes with as i have said ( imo) he is vastly overated as a player, forgive me is i have read your post wrong but to compere Hudd to Carrick is not really true is it. :-k

I said it long before the season started but I wanted to see a trio in the big games of:

---------Sandro----Huddlestone-----Modric-------------

That was before we signed Parker. WOuld still love to see Thudd in a trio with either Sandro or Parker and Modric. Think it has everything.

Apart from goals. I'm interested in seeing what we would be like playing 4-3-3 but I'm not sure about a front three of Bale, VdV and Adebayor.

No chance in hell. Parker is practically Redknapp's son in Law. Hell would freeze over before he gets the officially "dropped"

People said that about Crouch and Keane as well (as well as various other players that have played under Redknapp at Spurs) and he had no qualms selling them when he wanted.

Its difficult for me to say who i think he comperes with as i have said ( imo) he is vastly overated as a player, forgive me is i have read your post wrong but to compere Hudd to Carrick is not really true is it. :-k

Even if you think he's overrated you should know who you think he plays like? For example I think Karl Henry's brick but I'm pretty sure he tries to perform a similar role to tiote at Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

He plays in the same areas as a DM without doubt, I mean think about it, for almost 2 years he played cm in a midfield of Lennon, modric, hudd and bale. That's 2 out and out flying wingers, if hudd and modric don't hold their pos in a deep ish cm role then we get torn to shreds week in week out, not get 4th and then champs league quarter final!

Out of interest, who do you compare hudd to in terms of someone playing a similar position to him?

His defensive work is nowhere near as bad as you make out either, you need to think more carrack instead of Parker.

I think Hudd is actually ok defensively (and enough to warrant playing him in a two man cm in most league matches) but the season we got 4th, Hudd spent most of the season with Palacios as his partner and Modric on the left, who would then drift in and beef up the numbers.

Then the season after, he was in and out of the team due to injury and barely featured in the CL after the Inter game if I remember correctly? I think its a bit misleading to say he played cm there with Modric for 2 seasons!

Even if you think he's overrated you should know who you think he plays like? For example I think Karl Henry's brick but I'm pretty sure he tries to perform a similar role to tiote at Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Sorry i thought you meant a comparison with a Spurs player, Hudd would fit into the European game far better then the English game. In the middle of a five man M/F where he did not have to worry about defensive duties and players getting in his face he would be ok. Unfortuatly because that does not happen here he will always struggle as a MF player for the reasons i have already mentioned. I am really struggling to compere him with any Prem players at the moment because he is neither one thing or the other imo.

I definately agree he'd look good in a foreign league. Would really love more English players to play abroad, I think they're just too expensive for most clubs in foreign leagues though.

I definately agree he'd look good in a foreign league. Would really love more English players to play abroad, I think they're just too expensive for most clubs in foreign leagues though.

There have been a lot of so called great players who have failed abroad to live up to the hype ( Rush, Greaves, Elliot etc) it may be different now as we are more European in outlook compered to yesteryear. You have a point about the expense though, one of the reasons both Fergie and Wenger do not buy as many English players is the money asked for them.

I think Hudd is actually ok defensively (and enough to warrant playing him in a two man cm in most league matches) but the season we got 4th, Hudd spent most of the season with Palacios as his partner and Modric on the left, who would then drift in and beef up the numbers.

Then the season after, he was in and out of the team due to injury and barely featured in the CL after the Inter game if I remember correctly? I think its a bit misleading to say he played cm there with Modric for 2 seasons!

I said almost 2 years! ;)

From the Pompey fa cup semi onwards hudd mainly played cm with modric and we looked pretty good in those periods when either weren't injured.

I'm not suggesting we should go back to that, just saying when the two played together they were playing in more sitting positions rather than bombing on supporting the front 2.

I said almost 2 years! ;)

From the Pompey fa cup semi onwards hudd mainly played cm with modric and we looked pretty good in those periods when either weren't injured.

I'm not suggesting we should go back to that, just saying when the two played together they were playing in more sitting positions rather than bombing on supporting the front 2.

Exactly, the wingers performed better then as Hudd could hit them early therefore our buildup play was much quicker. Now it is painfully slow.

What players are ahead of him for central mid? Modric, Parker and Sandro? And there are two central midfielder positions at least. How does that make him 5th choice?
I think you just answered your own question - if he's behind those 3 and alongside Livermore that makes him 4th/5th in line. Which is what I explained earlier.

a fit Thudd ahead of a fit Parker

all
day
long

Thudd gives us more going forward

I think you just answered your own question - if he's behind those 3 and alongside Livermore that makes him 4th/5th in line. Which is what I explained earlier.

With everyone fully fit, I would expect Hudd to be higher up the pecking order than Livermore.

Back