• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

Parker, Dembele and Sandro are all quite similar box-to-box midfielders who are much more likely to make a forward run with the ball than a defence splitting pass, like Hudd can.

AVB seems to be warming to Hudd and perhaps we'll see him rotating the CM personnel as he has with the CBs this season, as Carroll and Holtby also played well last night giving him plenty of options.

Agreed.

It's a bit weird really that AVB rotates defenders so much, and even the goalkeeper (for a 41 year-old who has no long-term future in the game), but starts Parker and Dembele for EVERY SINGLE GAME. Especially as Hudd and Carroll have looked good in their cameos - often better than Parker and Dembele.

I would rather have Thudd than Carroll. Thats not to say Carroll is poor but he isnt that effective compared to Thudd - yesterday was a perfect example. Thudd came on and we looked like scoring - yes they stood off him but you can say that about a lot of cases in football eg Miereles goal against us.

The guy is an option and a bloody good one.

Yesterday showed me i would rather have Carroll.

Carroll came on and we instantly looked like a better team, we have control of the ball and we started to dominate possession.

Huddlestone swung it in from deep numerous times under no pressure. One of them came off, lots of them didn't.

Yesterday showed me i would rather have Carroll.

Carroll came on and we instantly looked like a better team, we have control of the ball and we started to dominate possession.

Huddlestone swung it in from deep numerous times under no pressure. One of them came off, lots of them didn't.

That shows more intelligence/experience from Hudd though.

Basil were struggling underneath the ball so he got it in the air. They were comfortable blocking up the middle but Carrol played to that.

What Carrol did, he did very well but Hudd spotted their weakness and exploited it. We've missed that since Modric/VDV.

One long ball that came off through a bit of good fortune isn't actually exploiting anything. Hudd played the same way he usually does and how teams chasing a game tend to do in the last 10-15 minutes. Nothing extraordinary or profound about it.

One long ball that came off through a bit of good fortune isn't actually exploiting anything. Hudd played the same way he usually does and how teams chasing a game tend to do in the last 10-15 minutes. Nothing extraordinary or profound about it.

None of our other players tried it though.

We instantly became more of a threat when Huddlestone was introduced. Just like v Everton he made a number of incisive passes that we just weren't producing before he came on. Just a shame he was forced back once Verts got sent off.

He has two cameo appearances against sides who were leading and sitting back, giving him room to move and all of a sudden he is the answer to our CM. Once he plays against a team who gets in his face he will once again become a passenger. He will be gone before next season.

He has two cameo appearances against sides who were leading and sitting back, giving him room to move and all of a sudden he is the answer to our CM. Once he plays against a team who gets in his face he will once again become a passenger. He will be gone before next season.

GHod forbid we never ever play against a team that sits back then... ever again, and not having this option coming of the bench. What a short sighted viewpoint you have put forward. :lol:

Also he can cover as a 5th CB.

Last edited:
Just because someone looks good coming on for the last 15 minutes, as Defoe occasionally has, does not mean they will be able to replicate that as starters. I don't see Huddlestone as being happy to sit on the bench in case we need him specifically at the end of a game.

Just because someone looks good coming on for the last 15 minutes, as Defoe occasionally has, does not mean they will be able to replicate that as starters. I don't see Huddlestone as being happy to sit on the bench in case we need him specifically at the end of a game.

Sure he turned down starting oppurtunities in August.

He replicated it more than enough when he was fully fit under Redknapp.

He's not the answer to our midfield concerns, but he is a very useful squad member who has more than enough ability to cover when necessary.

He replicated it more than enough when he was fully fit under Redknapp.

He's not the answer to our midfield concerns, but he is a very useful squad member who has more than enough ability to cover when necessary.

That was 2 years ago, he's yet to show anything like that kind of form since returning from injury.

GHod forbid we never ever play against a team that sits back then... ever again, and not having this option coming of the bench. What a short sighted viewpoint you have put forward. :lol:

Also he can cover as a 5th CB.

A CB that can not head a ball or tackle, bloody hell i have heard everything now.:ross:

That was 2 years ago, he's yet to show anything like that kind of form since returning from injury.

Never fails to amaze me how on this forum players are judged on current form regardless of their class or what they've shown in the past.

How old is Tom Huddlestone? 2?! FFS he is yet to come into his prime. For sure he is taking an eternity get back to the sort of form that made him purr like a Rolls Royce prior to that long series of debilitating injuries. But to assume because of that he must now be finished, that is one big leap.

Wonder if on United forums there all clamouring to get rid of van Persie. The donkey has only scored one League goal this year so he must be utter brick.

Bale anyone?

Back