• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

Yeah i understand yours and people like you and your opinon. But i would like to see bale next year at the lane i would like to see a striker in a spurs shirt next year that can actually put the ball in the back of the net.

If we were 10th or even 6th and no chance of the champs league i would be loving the europa league. But sometimes i think a hard cynicism is needed, it is great to be romantic and say the game is all about glory. But we are a building club, if we get champs league we will likely attract a better ground sponsor freeing up money for the manager to spend on better players, same goes with keeping our better players.

I do not believe we can compete to a good standard in both competitions, something reinforced by being at the fulham game.

Completely agree. I would use players like THudd on THurs v Basel to give say Dembele a rest - however AVB has shown no signs of wanting to take that sort of approach

Thudd is too big. That may be an obvious thing to say but I mean he is carrying too much muscle as well as being a big guy. He really needs to shed some of his bulk to help with his mobility. I read an article once about how sprinters legs and bodies were designed around their frame to give them maximum speed for their body shape. Tom needs something like this to get him back in the game figuratively and literally.

And cut your hair ffs Tom.

Thudd is too big. That may be an obvious thing to say but I mean he is carrying too much muscle as well as being a big guy. He really needs to shed some of his bulk to help with his mobility. I read an article once about how sprinters legs and bodies were designed around their frame to give them maximum speed for their body shape. Tom needs something like this to get him back in the game figuratively and literally.

Thudd looks pretty slimmed down here, pic taken last week

article-2300591-18F957A6000005DC-672_634x408.jpg

Really dont think he's muscley at all any more - he's just got a big frame. The reason AVB doesnt like him though is that he doesnt suit AVB's pressing game simply because he doesnt run that much. I like Thudd but think its best for all if we sell him this summer and get in someone who can create but is also suited to the managers tactics

Really dont think he's muscley at all any more - he's just got a big frame. The reason AVB doesnt like him though is that he doesnt suit AVB's pressing game simply because he doesnt run that much. I like Thudd but think its best for all if we sell him this summer and get in someone who can create but is also suited to the managers tactics

I agree

Indeed - the most obvious solution would have been to sell him to Fulham in January and - at a profit - bring in MoMo Sissoko instead of the barcodes!

This is the Hudd i will always remember. I still believe he has it in him to regain that form that made his so impressive.

[video=youtube;AtB5RWcSPck]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtB5RWcSPck[/video]

I am a Tom fan he moves the ball so quickly and normally forwards, he spreads play well and has a presence in midfield, I would love to see him get games but would he upset our balance? I don't know.

I'm also firmly in the Huddlestone fan club.

Fantastic vision, superb passing ability and a wickedly powerful shot.

Pretty much all you could ask for from a midfielder, plus he can defend well too.

Not sure if Hudd has a long term future with us. He really should have forced his way into AVB's team this season. I have a feeling we will buy one or two midfielders next season which will limit his chances further.

Can't see why Thudd couldn't play the Carrick role at least. Carrick is all about positioning rather than mobility. They have a similar range of passing.
Thudd definitely looked off the pace earlier in the season, but I'd hate to see a fit Thudd go on and become a regular for another top of the table side.

Should AVB just tell Hudd to cut his hair and stop getting obessed with it?

I can imagine that it could psychologically get to him?

For whatever reason, AVB doesnt seem to rate Thudd. I believe its because Thudd's lack of mobility doesnt suit AVB's pressing game. Either way, the fact that AVB doesnt ever bring him on suggests that he'll be off this summer

For whatever reason, AVB doesnt seem to rate Thudd. I believe its because Thudd's lack of mobility doesnt suit AVB's pressing game. Either way, the fact that AVB doesnt ever bring him on suggests that he'll be off this summer

yep and after tonight i think ekotto will be joining him.

I think it would be because the spell he had in the team was pretty horrendous wasn't it? Can't really remember specific results (Im' sure a certain statto has access to results when he played) but he in no way looked like his old self. I'd love for him to become the player he used to be but his time at Spurs just seems to be coming to an end, needs a fresh start, it's clear to see. I'd much rather have Carroll in ahead of him at present

i think hudd would be useful only if we have someone like sandro around to protect him and give him space to do the thing he does.

parker and dembele don't have the defensive discipline and lose the ball far too often, and thudd can't be counted on to provide pace to cover.

i think hudd would be useful only if we have someone like sandro around to protect him and give him space to do the thing he does.

parker and dembele don't have the defensive discipline and lose the ball far too often, and thudd can't be counted on to provide pace to cover.

We have yet to see a Dembele - Hudd midfield. I personally feel that they could work well together....or a Parker ---- Hudd with dembele infront of them. We might turn to that against Everton.

Watching that video reminds me of what I think we're desperately missing. Someone who sees a pass early and plays it.

Parker can't do it and will either charge forward with the ball with no idea of what to do with it (for the most part) or play it sideways to Dembele who will dribble past a couple of players gracefully and then get stuck in a blind alley.

I posted on here at the begining of the season that Hudd will not be in AVB's plans, and i also said he will be gone before next season. He is not good enough for where we want to be and i will stick to what i said.

Back