• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

I feel some are still seeing the Thudd of three plus years ago rather than the Thudd of now.

if he was good once then surely he can recapture that form. He had a very serious ankle problem which affected him for much of that time you refer to. Of course that might be the reason he may never be the same player again, but there is always hope that with a prolonged run without injury and more time to find his form and confidence he could once again be that player

I love watching Hud play but he needs to play every week which I dont think he will with us, the best thing for him would be to move on and Fulham would be the perfect fit. I would be happy if he stayed.

I don't think Fulham is ideal for him at all, and I can't really see he can cut the premiership mustard. He is a special play player, not a special player.

For some reason I have this recollection that Hudd always needs a good few months to get match fit (my memory can't confirm), and I can't see us affording him that luxury. Good player, but circumstances dictate.

Five years ago Hud looked like he had the potential to become a special player, alas, he has not developed the way I would have hoped. Given space he is an excellent passer of the ball, but as he gets older he "appears" slower. Unfortunately i can not see him reaching his potential at Spurs. I have reached the stage whereby I would take the money, simply because nowadays I feel we are weaker whenever he is in the team.

Well this season was the season i went off huddlestone, that said with europa league matches coming up i wonder iif we could use him for that and rest dembele or parker. I think it is so important we have them on top of their games for the run in and what happened after inter in the game against fulham is fresh in my mind.

Not to bothered by the europa league and would rather we focused on the league, i would actually look to rotate and try to get hudd in there or at least bring him on for some of the match.

When parker has had a decent rest his tackling looks a little cleaner not saying a lot for him, but we are going to need parker for the run in. Huddlestone has always looked like a player more suited to the european game anyway.

I agree with the sentiment, but would have the preference of looking to the future rather than looking to the past. Would much rather see Carroll out on that field than Huddlestone.

I agree with the sentiment, but would have the preference of looking to the future rather than looking to the past. Would much rather see Carroll out on that field than Huddlestone.

Yeah would not mind that, have a lot of time for carroll, perhaps i was thinking if we could get hudd playing a quarter final then we might get a fee for him rather then be stuck with him for the next few years like we are bentley.

Wonder if any of the promoted teams next season would take a punt on him, problem is most of the teams looking at coming up are broke. Even saw last week that Brighton made a 9m loss and that is in their brand spanking new stadium.

Yeah would not mind that, have a lot of time for carroll, perhaps i was thinking if we could get hudd playing a quarter final then we might get a fee for him rather then be stuck with him for the next few years like we are bentley.

Wonder if any of the promoted teams next season would take a punt on him, problem is most of the teams looking at coming up are broke. Even saw last week that Brighton made a 9m loss and that is in their brand spanking new stadium.

A 9m loss is pittance compared to the amount of money they'll get in the Premier League though.

Not just TV money either, something like that tends to help you sell out a majority of home games.

Well this season was the season i went off huddlestone, that said with europa league matches coming up i wonder iif we could use him for that and rest dembele or parker. I think it is so important we have them on top of their games for the run in and what happened after inter in the game against fulham is fresh in my mind.

Not to bothered by the europa league and would rather we focused on the league
, i would actually look to rotate and try to get hudd in there or at least bring him on for some of the match.

When parker has had a decent rest his tackling looks a little cleaner not saying a lot for him, but we are going to need parker for the run in. Huddlestone has always looked like a player more suited to the european game anyway.

This is such a terrible attitude to have. I could understand it if this was a Chelsea board.

This is such a terrible attitude to have. I could understand it if this was a Chelsea board.

Yeah i understand yours and people like you and your opinon. But i would like to see bale next year at the lane i would like to see a striker in a spurs shirt next year that can actually put the ball in the back of the net.

If we were 10th or even 6th and no chance of the champs league i would be loving the europa league. But sometimes i think a hard cynicism is needed, it is great to be romantic and say the game is all about glory. But we are a building club, if we get champs league we will likely attract a better ground sponsor freeing up money for the manager to spend on better players, same goes with keeping our better players.

I do not believe we can compete to a good standard in both competitions, something reinforced by being at the fulham game.

Tom Huddlestone needs to leave for Tom Huddlestone.
5m is more or less his top value at the moment and we just have to settle for that.
Doubt it will increase again if he stay at Spurs.
We need to move on and he does as well.

A 9m loss is pittance compared to the amount of money they'll get in the Premier League though.

Not just TV money either, something like that tends to help you sell out a majority of home games.

They sell out all home games, a lot of clubs down in that league are backing it all on going up and that is why clubs like coventry have had problems. I have a lot of respect for charlton who are building a good academy.

Wonder if any of the promoted teams next season would take a punt on him, problem is most of the teams looking at coming up are broke. Even saw last week that Brighton made a 9m loss and thatis in their brand spanking new stadium.
Two seasons ago they were in League 1 averaging around 7000 in a rented stadium. Now they're in the Championship play-offs, own their own state-of-the-art gaffe and average around 26000, the highest in the Championship, yet still losing £9m - how on earth does that happen?

Two seasons ago they were in League 1 averaging around 7000 in a rented stadium. Now they're in the Championship play-offs, own their own state-of-the-art gaffe and average around 26000, the highest in the Championship, yet still losing £9m - how on earth does that happen?

They have a fairly big squad and not all of it good, mackil smith cost them a few million and is on the whole awful, vicente is injured for the most part but still on big wages and they have upson on loan, i doubt poyets wages are small. But from what i heard there commercial side of their contracts were not good enough, and they actually got out of their contract with their people that do the catering at the amex because they were not serving customers quick enough(totttenham take note)

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...work_hard_to_reduce_their_losses_says_Barber/

if he was good once then surely he can recapture that form. He had a very serious ankle problem which affected him for much of that time you refer to. Of course that might be the reason he may never be the same player again, but there is always hope that with a prolonged run without injury and more time to find his form and confidence he could once again be that player

You mean like Michael Owen?

Hudd looked like he could develop into a top notch registra like Carrick when he was younger and had a great 09/10 campaign but his career has stalled since then and he looks even less mobile since the ankle surgery. Would like to see him go out on loan next season so that he can get some regular football in the hope that he can get his career back on track

Agreed. I really don't see how people can think that finishing 4th in the league is more glorious an achievement than the club winning its first European trophy in 29 years.

Even if we qualify for the Champions League again that is not necessarily going to lead to us signing that world class striker we've been clamouring for, heck last time we qualified for the CL the only significant transfer activity was a deadline day deal for VdV.

Whilst the last time we actually signed a top notch striker was Berbatov back when we had never played in the CL and he moved to us from a Levekusen side which had qualified for 5 of the previous 6 Champions Leagues and for whom he played in a CL Final against Real Madrid.

Back