• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

Claims of a "tight quad" day before the transfer madness begins. I fear it is goodbye to Hudd. Hopefully a decent team picks him up. I actually think he would do well in the Bundesliga if given a chance.

He needs to go a league where they play the game at walking pace. Serie A on a sleepy sunday afternoon back in the 90s would have suited him.

Claims of a "tight quad" day before the transfer madness begins. I fear it is goodbye to Hudd. Hopefully a decent team picks him up. I actually think he would do well in the Bundesliga if given a chance.

IMO - no. Bundesliga is played in a high pace, maybe not that physical, but enough pace to make Hudd look as slow as in the PL.

Good example; he dummies three men out of the game, bursts through at their back 4 and our two strikers...are in no position to receive a killer pass on goal, so Hudd passes back/square and it all fizzles out.

Then a poster claims "Thudd is good at passing sideways..."

Possibly the most skillful think he has ever done, a one off.

Can't tell from this clip , if a forward pass was on, but I think over the 7 years there were a few opportunities to do more than square passes.

Huddlestone was one of my favourite players a couple of seasons ago, as whilst he was prone to drifting in and out of games he was capable of playing that QuarterBack pass to our flying wingers and chipped in with the occasional rocket shot. Unfortunately, since the injury, his mobility has got even worse and he is such a laid back character that he just appears languid. At 26 years old now I just can't see him improving much more and becoming our own Xavi Alonso as I'd once hoped.

[video=youtube;zIya52CpG60]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIya52CpG60[/video]

I could live with Tom going to Fulham. I like the guy and Fulham as a club don't bother me even though they are financially doped too. It's a good fit (unlike his clothes).

Swap deal for Berbatov??

I would rather keep him than sell him that low. He is worth at least 8m or so.

What if selling him means we can bring in someone like Diame? Or even a striker? It's our total wage bill that's holding us back in some ways.

For a player who hasn't really performed for three years now?

No, not really.

Fair enough, given his injuries, lack of form and ever growing afro, but for a player with so much talent, and still only 26, you'd hope to get a bit more from him.

If he gets back to his former self, £5m is a steal IMO. Big if though.

Edit: I agree it's worth selling him if it means getting the quality striker we need, though.

Selling Hudd would be a mistake. He's a good player, and has put in some good performances under Redknapp and Jol. Struggled more for Ramos and AVB. Makes sense that he has played better in teams that seem to have more attacking movement and pass the ball quickly, he just sat there picking up the ball and knocking it around, retaining possession through accurate passing. Under the other 2 the game isn't as open as much so he isn't as effective.

At least wait until new signings have proved themselves before we sell. Under Ramos we let a load go and the newer players took a while to settle or were brick.

Bingo. Selling the deadwood would be useful.

the only deadwood we have now are Jenas and Bentley imo. Really rubbish players with nothing to offer who id gladly give away for free

Gomes and Thudd are still talents imo....of course if AVB sees no future for them then its best they go. Thudd to Fulham would be a decent move for him. Jol likes him a lot

I love watching Hud play but he needs to play every week which I dont think he will with us, the best thing for him would be to move on and Fulham would be the perfect fit. I would be happy if he stayed.

Back