• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

We have yet to see a Dembele - Hudd midfield. I personally feel that they could work well together....or a Parker ---- Hudd with dembele infront of them. We might turn to that against Everton.

Thudd doesnt have the pace of work-rate to play the pressing defensive game which AVB likes - he'll be off in the summer. I like THudd but we're better selling him and bringing in say £5m - £8m and then signing someone AVB does like than keep someone who doesnt suit the manager's tactics

Thudd doesnt have the pace of work-rate to play the pressing defensive game which AVB likes - he'll be off in the summer. I like THudd but we're better selling him and bringing in say £5m - £8m and then signing someone AVB does like than keep someone who doesnt suit the manager's tactics

He really hasn't had the full opportunity to show his worth. I know its been mentioned ad nauseum but he was out for 18 months....he was already familiar with Harry's playstyle , a new manager comes in and introduces a new playstyle forcing him not only to adjust to this but also try and regain 18 months of practice/gametime/form etc. I understand that AVB has his ideas about how to play but i will be sad to see Thudd leave because he was a fantastic part of our team a couple seasons ago and is actually a player i love watching. I just hope AVB takes into account all aspects of the Thudd situation before making the judgment to part with him.

Daws has proved how it's possible to adapt your game to the manager's system. Dembele is not particularly fast but he relies on his ability to keep and pass the ball to get by.

For me it's more about Thudd's poor form since that long lay off that's the problem. Thursday night's game was screaming out for someone like him to replace the nightmare that is currently Parker, someone who can swiftly transform defence into attack with a well placed pass and open out play. But so far this season that Thudd has not been available.

So the question is when will that Tom be back, not if, and once back to form will he be able to convince AVB he can be an integral part of the squad.

Would have to concede atm it's not looking too good, but I live in hope.

He really hasn't had the full opportunity to show his worth. I know its been mentioned ad nauseum but he was out for 18 months....he was already familiar with Harry's playstyle , a new manager comes in and introduces a new playstyle forcing him not only to adjust to this but also try and regain 18 months of practice/gametime/form etc. I understand that AVB has his ideas about how to play but i will be sad to see Thudd leave because he was a fantastic part of our team a couple seasons ago and is actually a player i love watching. I just hope AVB takes into account all aspects of the Thudd situation before making the judgment to part with him.

I like THudd as well, however AVB has seen him in training for about 8-9 months now and, by the fact that he rarely comes off the bench, he clearly doesn't see Thudd as someone who can fit into his tactics

Hudd is obviously not showing anything on the training ground to change AVB's mind ...

Honestly , that "training ground" assessment can be faulty at times. I'm sure livermore/parker/gallas are amazing during training but were it matters most they fall flat. R9 was notoriously bad during training but would terrorize teams when it mattered.

Last edited:
I like THudd as well, however AVB has seen him in training for about 8-9 months now and, by the fact that he rarely comes off the bench, he clearly doesn't see Thudd as someone who can fit into his tactics

In Thudd defense he has been picking up niggling injuries ( to be expected since he has been out for that long) that have hampered his full integration into AVB's system. He is just coming of a knee injury and played two U-21 games to build up fitness. With 7 games to go i doubt he'll see more than a 100 minutes but i really hope AVB gives him the pre-season atleast to stake his claim in the team.

I'd be shocked if we didn't try to flog him in the summer. Not he type of player AVB wants and not good enough. Don't think he wants it bad enough to get the level of fitness required.

I'd be shocked if we didn't try to flog him in the summer. Not he type of player AVB wants and not good enough. Don't think he wants it bad enough to get the level of fitness required.

Just did a side for tomm where I'd chuck him right in hoping his passing could be the key...but long-term (sadly) it appears that way. What a shame.

I think you have a point with that, he came in with a load of hype about how good he is the next FB etc and he fell for the hype that has always surrounded him.

Decent 15 minute cameo from him. Great to see his long range passing in full effect. Should get a start on thursday imo.

Yeah - a good impact today.

It was sooooooo nice to see a ballplayer in midfield again. Other than a few fleeting glimpses of Carroll, it's something we've not had since Modric.

Yeah - a good impact today.

It was sooooooo nice to see a ballplayer in midfield again. Other than a few fleeting glimpses of Carroll, it's something we've not had since Modric.

He still hasn't played with Dembele, i really think both of them can work well for the team.

Huddlestone showed us what we were missing. Someone able to actually pass forward successfully. Just effortless. Would love to see him on Thursday in a 3 man midfield of him, Dembele and Parker.

Problem though is that neither are very mobile/good pressers. I guess with Holtby (or ideally Sandro) as a 3rd CM it might work.

You sure? Dembele is a great presser and is actually leads us the duels/tackles category. Would like to see

Hudd --- Dembele
Holtby

I honestly feel that he's done enough to warrant a start on thursday, his direct passing and was a joy to watch. We were definitely missing his vision which was evident when he made that through pass to Ade that was marked as offside.

Last edited:
Back