• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

Re: Huddlestone Back in England Squad

How many games has he started since his injury? I have seen enough of him in these games to think he's not a spent force. I hope he proves you and other doubters wrong.

Point I was trying to make was that being able to close people down quickly, bust a gut, run fast etc they are pretty common. Being able to put the ball on a dime from 40 yards is not. While he's never going to be lightening, if Hud can enhance some of the more common attributes in his game - scoring, being comfortable defensively - he could still be an exceptional player.

Why write one of our own off?
Exactly, I don't understand all this Hudd bashing, where to be fair in the games he's started this season he has IMO one of our better players, he has his obvious limitations but, there is not a player in the world who doesn't have a few. Hudd for me is a spurs player, he's great in a few areas not so good in the others but, I'd much rather have him than a 'safe' player such as Livermore (I understand no one is comparing him with livermore). The type of player Hudd is, is one of the reasons I love football and I understand people disliking his limitations but, I don't understand how you can dislike a player who is so sublime at passing and support spurs... although everyone is entitled so perhaps I shouldn't make assumptions.

People are judging him based on his career at Spurs, not just since he returned for injury.

For me, there are signs that he's got what it takes.

Had his bullet shot following the lay off from Ade not swerved a fraction too much yesterday, we'd be biging him up. But its his passing, the way he can create goals by picking people out with a nonchalant pass. Few players have that. There have been passes since he's been back that have setup goals, and others that have setup chances that have not been finished. Sandro is not one to create those chances, and Thud is not one to close people down like a KungFu all action hero. There is no player who has everything.

Last edited:

For me, there are signs that he's got what it takes.

Had his bullet shot following the lay off from Ade not swerved a fraction too much yesterday, we'd be biging him up. But its his passing, the way he can create goals by picking people out with a nonchalant pass. Few players have that. There have been passes since he's been back that have setup goals, and others that have setup chances that have not been finished. Sandro is not one to create those chances, and Thud is not one to close people down like a KungFu all action hero. There is no player who has everything.

[-X

14282-zoom.jpg

ye because we won loads with beckham rooney lumpard and gerrard

the reason we was so bad in the euros was parker was so limited and rooney again was poor for england

And what would have Huddlestone done any differently / better than those?

He's a level down on most of them. 2 on some even.

The whole point of being a supporter is that you support your team. The players don't deserve to have fans as brick as us. You're all a disgrace, not even one congratulation for a player who has gotten in the England squad.

The whole point of being a supporter is that you support your team. The players don't deserve to have fans as brick as us. You're all a disgrace, not even one congratulation for a player who has gotten in the England squad.

And when any Tottenham player is playing for his country he's not playing for my team.

A lot of it can be summed up in: A) Huddlestone being in poor form and only playing for Tottenham due to injuries and B) England's selection policies leaving quite a lot to be desired.

On a personal note: C) Any International football played during the club season will never have my support.

I think he actually wants out, in hope of some silverware

He's a good wide forward but not a very good right winger - something Wenger is often refusing to accept/acknowledge, imv

Glad you include yourself..

When he starts reading GG I will start congratulating him on here. We all know this is a stupid game and he is in because of injuries, it isn't based on merit as much as it is based on 'being available'. Yay for being available.

When he starts reading GG I will start congratulating him on here. We all know this is a stupid game and he is in because of injuries, it isn't based on merit as much as it is based on 'being available'. Yay for being available.
Not just 'available'. He has real class, something that England lacks big time. How many times do we have to say it, he's never going to be lightning fast, we all know that, but once he gets his form and match sharpness back to the level he was at a couple of years ago before getting injured he'll certainly be good enough to challenge some of the first choice regulars.

Friendlies such as this are ideal for his current stage of recovery.

Not just 'available'. He has real class, something that England lacks big time. How many times do we have to say it, he's never going to be lightning fast, we all know that, but once he gets his form and match sharpness back to the level he was at a couple of years ago before getting injured he'll certainly be good enough to challenge some of the first choice regulars.

Friendlies such as this are ideal for his current stage of recovery.

But he has hardly played. It is good his recovery but he has hardly shown this class so far this season, not that this is a reason for players to be picked or left out - Wheelchair is included, after all.

There are players, already mentioned in this thread, that are just as deserving and have shown their value at club level who have played more in recent months. Still, if people are going to moan at Hudd they will brick at some of the other players.

it doesnt make you feel proud that a tottenham player that we bought when he was like 15 / 16 gets a call up? no heart warming feelings?, hope he gets a game for his country? etc etc

THudd is a sweet passer of the ball, such a clean strike on him too. He does still need to work on his fitness and diet, I thought Ramos was getting it right with him on that count. His decision making improves only by playing games, and as he's 26 now, he has to strike gold now and help push us forward - I haven't seen what we need, a leader type confidence. Either show it now, or be ready to be back up to someone who will.

it doesnt make you feel proud that a tottenham player that we bought when he was like 15 / 16 gets a call up? no heart warming feelings?, hope he gets a game for his country? etc etc

18/19

and no, it's a nothing game. I don't feel excitement about watching this game, let alone any interest in who plays. It's a waste of everyone's time. He hasn't 'earned' the call up, otherwise he would be there in the first squad. So many players pulled out injured, they need replacements. What is there to be proud about?

If it was a World Cup qualifier or the squad for a major tournament it is a totally different scenario.

18/19

and no, it's a nothing game. I don't feel excitement about watching this game, let alone any interest in who plays. It's a waste of everyone's time. He hasn't 'earned' the call up, otherwise he would be there in the first squad. So many players pulled out injured, they need replacements. What is there to be proud about?

If it was a World Cup qualifier or the squad for a major tournament it is a totally different scenario.

i've got one better, i think we actually signed him when he was 17 though he was still playing for derby....;)

meh, i get your point. i am a little sadder though, i like the fact he has been called up and if he gets into the starting 11 i that more excited / motivated to watch the game

i just like one of 'my own players' getting a call up fo their respective national sides

you are right though in that it is a nothing game and he is there due to absentees, but who cares what the reasons are ey?

Jan 2005 but he joined in the summer. He is born Dec 86.

I just think there are players who have played more that should get a chance, if they are going to use friendlies to try players. I don't get that feeling though, it is there just to give some players another cap and fulfil an obligation made by the FA.

Jan 2005 but he joined in the summer. He is born Dec 86.

I just think there are players who have played more that should get a chance, if they are going to use friendlies to try players. I don't get that feeling though, it is there just to give some players another cap and fulfil an obligation made by the FA.

agreed. i do feel like its a quota thing and more obligation based as to why this match is even going ahead and as to why people are getting called up

what about if both he and caulker get a starting spot? i know you'll be like "okay, lets show these fools how we do it at THFCCCeeeeee!!!!!"

Back