• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

Re: Huddlestone Back in England Squad

It's quite obvious.

And Jenkinson?? Hahahahahahaha!!

Played for Finland at all levels and fudges them off.

If you're left footed it seems you need only be able to control the ball and you're a shoe in for the squad.

Anyway - fudge England, couldn't give a fudge about the national team...followed by mouth breathers

Actually I just realised it doesn't matter, even if they play on Wednesday they can still go and play for Finland, Ivory Coast, Jamaica etc.

He offers a good option for England. A slap in the face for all Hudd's critics.

Who is a better English deep lying CM who isn't A: over 30 or B: not playing?

The fact that clowns like Henderson and Shelvey get in the squad shows how dire we are! Amazing that Liverpool players still get in the squad purely because they play for Liverpool and yet players like Leon Britton can't get anywhere near the team despite being one of the best passers we have.

Not sure if this is true or not but apparently Hudd got the call up because England are staying in the same hotel as Spurs did at the weekend...and it was done for a bit of ease with such a huge number of squad injuries appearing Sunday evening...

I think Hudd's great and when he's in full swing there'd be no England player who can hit a pass like him... but not now.

I don't know if the hotel story is true but you never know...

Wouldn't surprise me. There to make up the numbers, he probably won't even see a minute.

Shocking the amount of people putting Huddlestone down. There are few footballers who have the range and accuracy of passing he has. Granted the rest of his game is generally less exceptional, but if he starts hitting the back of net, as he has in the past, and works on his defensive game, he has a great deal to offer.

Confidence and getting into a rhythm of playing is so important. Give him a chance, he's been out for what almost 2 years, a year and a half?

Shocking the amount of people putting Huddlestone down. There are few footballers who have the range and accuracy of passing he has. Granted the rest of his game is generally less exceptional, but if he starts hitting the back of net, as he has in the past, and works on his defensive game, he has a great deal to offer.

Confidence and getting into a rhythm of playing is so important. Give him a chance, he's been out for what almost 2 years, a year and a half?

You just answered your own question. The rest of his game isn't good enough and he's far too slow. And he doesn't get anywhere near enough goals considering that he's got a good ping on him.

You just answered your own question. The rest of his game isn't good enough and he's far too slow. And he doesn't get anywhere near enough goals considering that he's got a good ping on him.

How many games has he started since his injury? I have seen enough of him in these games to think he's not a spent force. I hope he proves you and other doubters wrong.

Point I was trying to make was that being able to close people down quickly, bust a gut, run fast etc they are pretty common. Being able to put the ball on a dime from 40 yards is not. While he's never going to be lightening, if Hud can enhance some of the more common attributes in his game - scoring, being comfortable defensively - he could still be an exceptional player.

Why write one of our own off?

Well i am not suprised they have picked Wheelchair after just 3 games back for GHod knows how long. Stupid stupid England this is why i do not have any passion for the national side anymore.

How many games has he started since his injury? I have seen enough of him in these games to think he's not a spent force. I hope he proves you and other doubters wrong.

Point I was trying to make was that being able to close people down quickly, bust a gut, run fast etc they are pretty common. Being able to put the ball on a dime from 40 yards is not. While he's never going to be lightening, if Hud can enhance some of the more common attributes in his game - scoring, being comfortable defensively - he could still be an exceptional player.

Why write one of our own off?

People are judging him based on his career at Spurs, not just since he returned for injury.

Back