• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

Re: Huddlestone Back in England Squad

Sorry mate you are making it up as you go along, it was Hudds responsibility to close the man down. Instead he backed off and gave him the time to chip the ball over the top, a CM players game is more then keeping shape he has to challenge, close opposing players down, track runners and Hudd does none of those things. He is a ball watcher and lets opposing players play round him.

I'm not making it up at all. You criticized one of our players, but got it wrong. If you are going to be critical, than you have to be prepared to be criticized. You made a mistake, plain and simple. It's not a debatable issue, or one of those things that are down to interpretation. Stop blaming the Hudd, the issue here is simply your lack of understanding of a very basic situation. His positioning was fine, but your analysis was shocking.

I'm not making it up at all. You criticized one of our players, but got it wrong. If you are going to be critical, than you have to be prepared to be criticized. You made a mistake, plain and simple. It's not a debatable issue, or one of those things that are down to interpretation. Stop blaming the Hudd, the issue here is simply your lack of understanding of a very basic situation. His positioning was fine, but your analysis was shocking.

Sorry mate you are talking out of your arse, but that is your opinion and says it all really. As for lack of understanding i guess my FA badges are a mistake as well. at least to you, just as a aside do you play FIFA or the like?

Sorry mate you are talking out of your arse, but that is your opinion and says it all really. As for lack of understanding i guess my FA badges are a mistake as well. at least to you, just as a aside do you play FIFA or the like?

Don't try and wriggle out of this. You shot your mouth off about one of our players and are now being called out on it. You've made a mistake, either admit to it or don't stop posting about it.

Don't try and wriggle out of this. You shot your mouth off about one of our players and are now being called out on it. You've made a mistake, either admit to it or don't stop posting about it.

Answer the question, do you play on FIFA or not.

Answer the question, do you play on FIFA or not.

No I don't.

Now back to you dreadful analysis.

Start watching the clip at 2.46.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PXQTnmqh0Y&feature=relmfu

You'll see the Hudd track Zlatan until he moves into an area where he's becomes Cahill's man. At the point Svenson has the ball, Wheelchair (i think it's him) signals with his right arm to hold the line, as they should. I think it's Sturridge, but it's hard to see who is who, presses the Swedish player who passes back to Svenson. Sturridge then has the choice of whether to press Svenson or not. I think you have some crazy idea that once the ball is played to Svenson the Hudd should charge 20 meters up the pitch to press Svenson. This of course would leave a gap, which no international midfielder would do. We can see the other Swedish forward thinking of dropping into the space the Hudd would be leaving and also the Swedish player that made the pass to Svenson in the first place is looking to drift in their. If the Hudd moves out of position, that is exactly where they'd look to play it.

So, no talking out of my arse. You've just made a mistake. Plain and simple. If you do have FA coaching badges, then obviously it's even more embarrassing for you.

No I don't.

Now back to you dreadful analysis.

Start watching the clip at 2.46.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PXQTnmqh0Y&feature=relmfu

You'll see the Hudd track Zlatan until he moves into an area where he's becomes Cahill's man. At the point Svenson has the ball, Wheelchair (i think it's him) signals with his right arm to hold the line, as they should. I think it's Sturridge, but it's hard to see who is who, presses the Swedish player who passes back to Svenson. Sturridge then has the choice of whether to press Svenson or not. I think you have some crazy idea that once the ball is played to Svenson the Hudd should charge 20 meters up the pitch to press Svenson. This of course would leave a gap, which no international midfielder would do. We can see the other Swedish forward thinking of dropping into the space the Hudd would be leaving and also the Swedish player that made the pass to Svenson in the first place is looking to drift in their. If the Hudd moves out of position, that is exactly where they'd look to play it.

So, no talking out of my arse. You've just made a mistake. Plain and simple. If you do have FA coaching badges, then obviously it's even more embarrassing for you.

You were the one who was talking about two banks of four, Hudd managed to get himself behind the MF line and on the toes of the back four by backing off to far. Fill your head with FIFA flimflam as much as you want you really have no idea, as the old saying goes there are none so blind as those that can not see.

do not forget to turn you X-Box off before going to sleep :ross:

Just wondering if the assumption here is that if you play FIFA you don't understand football?

Odd.

You were the one who was talking about two banks of four, Hudd managed to get himself behind the MF line and on the toes of the back four by backing off to far. Fill your head with FIFA flimflam as much as you want you really have no idea, as the old saying goes there are none so blind as those that can not see.

do not forget to turn you X-Box off before going to sleep :ross:

Again you are wrong, he is absolutely in line with Zaha (or whoever is on the right of the midfield 4) and is in check with where Whilshire has signaled. The other two are slightly higher, but that is because they are on the left and the attack is coming from the right, to it's totally natural they'd be slower getting back. If you pause the play at 2.53 when Svenson plays the ball, England have established a very standard team shape of 2 banks of 4 and 2 forwards in front of it. It's very, very basic stuff, but you missed it.

Still at least it seems you have stopped trying to claim the Hudd should have charged out to the ball and are now trying to say his fault was that he was too close to the back 4, which of course it total nonsense. If you look at when Svenson plays the pass two other members of the midfield line are still trying to drop back slightly, whilst the Hudd is already in position.

Anyway, I see no point in this. Even when you have the actual clip and can see what you said is utter nonsense, you still persist in arguing. It's just become about your damaged ego and has nothing to do with what really happened anymore. The Hudd had a good cameo and as Spurs fans we should be pleased. There is no need for BS in order to criticize him.

Just wondering if the assumption here is that if you play FIFA you don't understand football?

Odd.

Not at all,but i do get the impression that there are some who think because they win on X-Box, FIFA and the like that football in the real world is as easy as playing computer games.

Again you are wrong, he is absolutely in line with Zaha (or whoever is on the right of the midfield 4) and is in check with where Whilshire has signaled. The other two are slightly higher, but that is because they are on the left and the attack is coming from the right, to it's totally natural they'd be slower getting back. If you pause the play at 2.53 when Svenson plays the ball, England have established a very standard team shape of 2 banks of 4 and 2 forwards in front of it. It's very, very basic stuff, but you missed it.

Still at least it seems you have stopped trying to claim the Hudd should have charged out to the ball and are now trying to say his fault was that he was too close to the back 4, which of course it total nonsense. If you look at when Svenson plays the pass two other members of the midfield line are still trying to drop back slightly, whilst the Hudd is already in position.

Anyway, I see no point in this. Even when you have the actual clip and can see what you said is utter nonsense, you still persist in arguing. It's just become about your damaged ego and has nothing to do with what really happened anymore. The Hudd had a good cameo and as Spurs fans we should be pleased. There is no need for BS in order to criticize him.
This.

Not at all,but i do get the impression that there are some who think because they win on X-Box, FIFA and the like that football in the real world is as easy as playing computer games.

It seems to me (and I could be wrong) that because someone doesn't share your interpretation of what happened they must therefore be wrong, and play FIFA. Which, to be frank, is pretty arrogant. Maybe just accept that people don't agree with you without the whole 'FIFA' thing, or spouting about your FA badges.

Constructive debate is great. Trying to belittle someone with no back-up is immature.

Just my tuppence.

We should loan him to a team like Villa who try and play football. Hopefully he'll do well for them so we can get more ££££ in the summer.

Heard Reading were in for him. Its clear he is not in AVB's plans, really rated the guy.

Reading? hmmm yeh maybe them but i'd prefer he's loaned to Villa.

He's got no future here that's for sure so it's just a case of finding the right team for him to showcase his ability so we can get £5m plus for him in the summer.

I was his biggest fan for years but this is the season it went for me. Takes to long to come back from injuries his speed in gmaes is a problem and he has to many poor games, i would prefer we brought in a new playmaker and carroll get games when that guy is rested/injured. Love huddlestone and some of his passes will remain fond memories but he is not for us anymore.

Think a loan to fulham would be perfect for him they have not really replaced danny murphy and he is a jol type player(did jol give him his start?) lovely guy but not what is needed anymore for us and how we play.

Back