• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

Re: Huddlestone Back in England Squad

the time difference makes watching the game difficult, it would start around midnight. I may do, no work the next day.. but it isn't something i'd clear my schedule for. I left work early on Sunday to watch the Spurs game, kick off was 5.30

the time difference makes watching the game difficult, it would start around midnight. I may do, no work the next day.. but it isn't something i'd clear my schedule for. I left work early on Sunday to watch the Spurs game, kick off was 5.30

dear Lord. no wonder. you have to save yourself for the big games.

i totally se your point of view now.

the game wouldnt be enough for me to tamper with my biological clock during a working week either

Some nice touches from Tom tonight. Another dangerous free kick..but why can't he do the same at corners?

dear Lord. no wonder. you have to save yourself for the big games.

i totally se your point of view now.

the game wouldnt be enough for me to tamper with my biological clock during a working week either

i did watch the game, only because i had a bricky day and don't have work tomorrow.

Pleased for Caulker! Zlatan's goal was amazing. Hudd didn't do much, except give Gerrard a rest.

i did watch the game, only because i had a bricky day and don't have work tomorrow.

Pleased for Caulker! Zlatan's goal was amazing. Hudd didn't do much, except give Gerrard a rest.
You really don't want to see him do well do you! No doubt you want bother to watch again but if you did you'd witness in his brief cameo half a dozen top-quality balls including a couple of gems. One was a long-range diagonal over the Swedish defence and sweetly into the path of the onrushing Welbeck who should have done much better with his cross, the other a long range free-kick to the opposite flank and onto the toes of Zaha. On top of that here were two or three critical tackles. Oh but wait, he cannot tackle can he.

Not saying he put himself about like Gerrard, but pretty much everything he did tonight was immaculate.

You really don't want to see him do well do you! No doubt you want bother to watch again but if you did you'd witness in his brief cameo half a dozen top-quality balls including a couple of gems. One was a long-range diagonal over the Swedish defence and sweetly into the path of the onrushing Welbeck who should have done much better with his cross, the other a long range free-kick to the opposite flank and onto the toes of Zaha. On top of that here were two or three critical tackles. Oh but wait, he cannot tackle can he.

Not saying he put himself about like Gerrard, but pretty much everything he did tonight was immaculate.
Football fans nowadays think you have to dive into everything and thump your chest to look good. Hudd is neat and tidy and gives us great range in terms of releasing players.

Some nice touches from Tom tonight. Another dangerous free kick..but why can't he do the same at corners?
Because he is instructed to take outswinging corners, always feel its a waste of a corner swinging it out. Hard and fast across the goal is much more dangerous. Bale taking an outswinging corner is a total waste of time.

Slower paced international football where Hudd's lack of mobility isn't exposed so much is where he'll shine. His ability to pass the ball has never been in doubt.

Because he is instructed to take outswinging corners, always feel its a waste of a corner swinging it out. Hard and fast across the goal is much more dangerous. Bale taking an outswinging corner is a total waste of time.

Agree with this. Best have it inswing and a bunch of players around the goal mouth. WHo knows what will happen, chances are you will get some goals just out of the chaos alone.

Outswinger relies on precision and will come off less often I feel.

I have no opinion on him either way. His substitution, along with the other subs, disrupted what was quite a decent England side. That isn't his fault before you leap to the defence of your boyfriend, it's the nature of friendlies. Seems like you had playercam on Hudd, good for you.

England/City need to coach Hart to save on his left side.

Slower paced international football where Hudd's lack of mobility isn't exposed so much is where he'll shine. His ability to pass the ball has never been in doubt.

Yep, it always has been this way. If teams played with a sweeper/libero, he would be perfect for that role.

As for the idiot 3 posts above, chest thumping challenges.. yes, that is exactly what I would have expected of him :-k

Without he ball he is a and always will be a liabilty look at the build up to their second goal, the guy who played the ball over the top was Hudds man. He should have closed him down but instead did his usally trick of backing off which gave the guy time to get his head up and deliever the chip.

Without he ball he is a and always will be a liabilty look at the build up to their second goal, the guy who played the ball over the top was Hudds man. He should have closed him down but instead did his usally trick of backing off which gave the guy time to get his head up and deliever the chip.

Absolutely spot on - he a passenger defensively, alwaays has been. Doubt he'd make the bench with Parker, Livermore and Dembele all fit. And if Moutinho comes in - he's as goos as gone, imv

Absolutely spot on - he a passenger defensively, alwaays has been. Doubt he'd make the bench with Parker, Livermore and Dembele all fit. And if Moutinho comes in - he's as goos as gone, imv

i have no doubt whatsoever that he will not be here next season.

So we have a bog standard 2 banks of 4, with both the strikers also deeper than the guy who played the ball over the top and you expect Huddlestone to abandon the midfield line, charge forward, leaving at least 20 yards between the him and the defence? I don't think he'd have got passed schoolboy football if he did things like that.

So we have a bog standard 2 banks of 4, with both the strikers also deeper than the guy who played the ball over the top and you expect Huddlestone to abandon the midfield line, charge forward, leaving at least 20 yards between the him and the defence? I don't think he'd have got passed schoolboy football if he did things like that.

Mate it's pointless even trying to rationalise these opinions. All that will happen is after 2 pages of arguments both parties will end up agreeing that Hudd was good before he got injured and was out for a season and that he's got ability, but his current level is below that of what is required, but hopefully with match sharpness / fitness he'll get back to those same levels. Then a couple of weeks later Hudd will do something and someone will post something similar to the previous few posts in this thread. And then the cycle continues again, getting quite tedious now.

Watch it again he was backtracking all the way.

Watch it again he was backtracking all the way.

No, Huddlestone is in the right place. The other two midfielders are slower dropping back, but do so, to create the right line. A standard depth is about 10 meters between the defensive line and midfield line. Huddlestone gets his positioning right and to be fair so do the others. By the time the ball is played over the top England have a good shape, to solid banks of four, with good distance between them. The two forward players should have tried to close the guy who played the ball over the top. The defensive line could arguably have pushed up to play off side, but that would be harsh as it was a great pass and great run. But to try and blame Huddlestone just demonstrates that even the most basic of things, such as team shape and positional organisation aren't being grasped.

No, Huddlestone is in the right place. The other two midfielders are slower dropping back, but do so, to create the right line. A standard depth is about 10 meters between the defensive line and midfield line. Huddlestone gets his positioning right and to be fair so do the others. By the time the ball is played over the top England have a good shape, to solid banks of four, with good distance between them. The two forward players should have tried to close the guy who played the ball over the top. The defensive line could arguably have pushed up to play off side, but that would be harsh as it was a great pass and great run. But to try and blame Huddlestone just demonstrates that even the most basic of things, such as team shape and positional organisation aren't being grasped.

Sorry mate you are making it up as you go along, it was Hudds responsibility to close the man down. Instead he backed off and gave him the time to chip the ball over the top, a CM players game is more then keeping shape he has to challenge, close opposing players down, track runners and Hudd does none of those things. He is a ball watcher and lets opposing players play round him.

Back