• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

Huddlestone Back in England Squad

Tom Huddlestone has been called into the England squad for Wednesday's friendly against Sweden.

A1155.jpg

The midfielder has enjoyed a run of matches in the first team in the last six weeks after an ankle injury restricted him to just three appearances last season.

He made his first start of the campaign in the Capital One Cup win at Carlisle on September 26 - his first start since August, 2011.

Tom has three caps to his name after making his debut against Brazil in November, 2009. His last appearance was in the friendly against Japan in May, 2010.

Five players have withdrawn from the squad, including Aaron Lennon and Kyle Walker after our 2-1 loss at City on Sunday.

Steven Caulker, who scored at City, is in the senior squad for the second time for the trip to Stockholm while Adam Smith and Andros Townsend are with the Under-21s for a friendly against Northern Ireland at Blackpool on Tuesday.

Re: Huddlestone Back in England Squad

I don't think he's been very good for us but hopefully stays on the bench for Roy as we can't risk any more injuries in that position, ffs

happy for him to score for england to raise his value!
btw does he get to cut his hair if he scores for country not club?

happy for him to score for england to raise his value!
btw does he get to cut his hair if he scores for country not club?

Think so. I'm sure he said 'competitive football' when he made the charity bet.

Go Tom! Still some way from his best but a 70% Thudd is still a sight better than some of the dross (cough Henderson) ahead of him in the England pecking order these days.

This underscores why England will never win anything ever again.

Huddlestone aint international class

Another friendly I won't bother watching. Players don't care, so many have pulled out with injuries. The ones left haven't figured a way to withdraw yet or they are fringe players who wouldn't get near a full squad if everyone was available.

I actually thought Hudd would be more suited to international football due to the tempo of it, but I don't think he deserves a call up. Then again it's a friendly and I don't care.

Another crazy time to play a friendly!

I hope we get lucky and scum players get crippled, (figuratively speaking!)

With Livermore having been out for a while, Hudd has taken his place really. The England squad is mostly whoever is fit and plays the top clubs or Liverpool.

With Livermore having been out for a while, Hudd has taken his place really. The England squad is mostly whoever is fit and plays the top clubs or Liverpool.

This. Shame really, there's some top performers playing for the less heralded clubs who would do England a world of good if they were called up. Leon Britton, for instance; terrific passing midfielder, overlooked in favour of the mediocre Cleverley, and now Hudd, who, while good, does not deserve a call up after a year and a bit out. Nathaniel Clyne's been impressing for a while now, and surely deserves a call up ahead of Walker, who's been up and down. Nathan Dyer's been terrific these past two seasons, and is still ignored. All these players would be proud to play for England, and would show more enthusiasm than the likes of Lampard, Gerrard or Cole would. Sigh.

Until the English setup starts picking players on form, not on reputation, any progress made will be marginal at best and non-existent at worst.

This. Shame really, there's some top performers playing for the less heralded clubs who would do England a world of good if they were called up. Leon Britton, for instance; terrific passing midfielder, overlooked in favour of the mediocre Cleverley, and now Hudd, who, while good, does not deserve a call up after a year and a bit out. Nathaniel Clyne's been impressing for a while now, and surely deserves a call up ahead of Walker, who's been up and down. Nathan Dyer's been terrific these past two seasons, and is still ignored. All these players would be proud to play for England, and would show more enthusiasm than the likes of Lampard, Gerrard or Cole would. Sigh.

Until the English setup starts picking players on form, not on reputation, any progress made will be marginal at best and non-existent at worst.

They definitely would relish the occasion. The trouble is you get idiot fans and the idiot press pack who say throwaway things like 'he's overrated' or 'not good enough' when a new player comes in.. and then moans about the same old when no new players come in. And then moan when the performances are sub par. Players have to retire to stop being picked!

Games like this, pointless friendlies, are perfect opportunities to try new players. They could be renamed as 'exhibition games' and use an experimental squad. The ones you mention should be in with a shout, or the FA should not bother arranging these games.

in the word of Wayne Rooney

"Nice to see your own fans supporting you"

We should be congratulating him, not slating him. We all know what he can do, all he needs is just to get back into the rythm of things. I'm sure once Dembele is back he will help a lot.

Wayne Rooney is a ****.

Hudd aint international class!! Simple!

Now when he puts the Spurs shirt on I'll support him 100%, just being honest.

And Raheem Sterling is good enough to play for England? That's an insult to the shirt. This kid has played what? Less than a dozen games for Liverpool?? fudging joke.

Back