• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

aframaxgulfhorizon-2.jpg

you silly people debating the pros of a player like Hudd and squad rotation, clearly he's as agile as a tanker as shown by the above picture of Huddlestone.

you silly people debating the pros of a player like Hudd and squad rotation, clearly he's as agile as a tanker as shown by the above picture of Huddlestone.
Okay so he's still a long way from the player he was two years ago but with Dembele out for a while we'll be critically short on creativity in midfield. Even at 50% Thudd has a lot to offer. Or would you rather Livermore?

We are very lucky to have such a gifted midfield. I would like to see us adopt a more horses for courses attitude to our midfielders. Hudd is perfect against teams who drop deep and defend because he has the passing ability to switch play quickly and create openings. Against quick teams that press us, he is not always as effective because of his lack of pace. I see no reason why he can not play a big part for us this season. Same goes for Dembele, Sandro, Parker and Siggy, all of whom are quality players and should get plenty of opportunities to impress this season.

Agree completely. Good and balanced post.

Okay so he's still a long way from the player he was two years ago but with Dembele out for a while we'll be critically short on creativity in midfield. Even at 50% Thudd has a lot to offer. Or would you rather Livermore?

I was being sarcastic.

It's obvious that he's still got something to offer us even in his present state, let alone if he gets back to the levels he was at before he was out for 18 months. Unfortunately hudd's the new jenas to some, no amount of rational talk will alter that.

I was being sarcastic.

It's obvious that he's still got something to offer us even in his present state, let alone if he gets back to the levels he was at before he was out for 18 months. Unfortunately hudd's the new jenas to some, no amount of rational talk will alter that.

And no amount of rational talk will take away the rose tinted glasses that says Hudd is a top player.

Huddlestone has been a big part of our success over the last few years and I cannot believe some of the rubbish in this thread, are you really Tottenham supporters, if he gets playing time and no adverse reaction from his ankle he will prove you wrong and can still be a big asset to us.

Huddlestone has been a big part of our success over the last few years and I cannot believe some of the rubbish in this thread, are you really Tottenham supporters, if he gets playing time and no adverse reaction from his ankle he will prove you wrong and can still be a big asset to us.

We will see, all i can say is do not hold your breath for that to happen. And yes i have been going to the Lane since the early sixties so i can call myself a Tottenham supporter.

I think the difference is simple optimism verses pessimism.

To ask if they are not spurs supporters just because they do not see it as you do is a bit much.

I think the difference is simple optimism verses pessimism.

To ask if they are not spurs supporters just because they do not see it as you do is a bit much.

The way I see is as follows, Huddlestone has been a fair player for us in the past, can he get back to that standard I dont know, what I do know is that we have two central midfielders who are crocked and one who is not of the required standard, Sandro is the only constant, we have no option but to play Huddlestone and pray that he can contribute, young Carroll looks promosing for the future.

And no amount of rational talk will take away the rose tinted glasses that says Hudd is a top player.

There's been no rational talk from the other side though mate, just pictures of oil tankers and "Hudd's brick and slow and not good enough for top 4", that's not rational, that's just factually wrong, except for the slow part, but then so was teddy and he fashioned 20 years in the top flight!

Clearly Teddy's better, before anyone starts, just making a point about pace that's all!!

We will see, all i can say is do not hold your breath for that to happen. And yes i have been going to the Lane since the early sixties so i can call myself a Tottenham supporter.

At present we have no alternative than to play him imo, I saw my first game in 61, when I think of some of our past players I think Tom has been good value for money really. until Dembele is fit we need Huddlestone.

Hudd is slow, but it becomes more of a problem because of his positioning. No matter how well he played 2 or 3 years ago, he's nowhere near that now.

Regardless of what people think of hudd is going to be incredibly important to us until dembele is fit. he is the one who is going to have to come up with some creativity. he is good enough, but maybe the injuries have taken their toll. he says he is fully fit but he doesnt quite seem that sharp. i hope he has a good game against wigan today and lasts the full 90

Regardless of what people think of hudd is going to be incredibly important to us until dembele is fit. he is the one who is going to have to come up with some creativity. he is good enough, but maybe the injuries have taken their toll. he says he is fully fit but he doesnt quite seem that sharp. i hope he has a good game against wigan today and lasts the full 90

He's not match sharp, but that is something that comes with playing time. He's the best we have at the moment so get behind the lad.

There's been no rational talk from the other side though mate, just pictures of oil tankers and "Hudd's brick and slow and not good enough for top 4", that's not rational, that's just factually wrong, except for the slow part, but then so was teddy and he fashioned 20 years in the top flight!

Clearly Teddy's better, before anyone starts, just making a point about pace that's all!!

I have seen plenty of good posts by those that think Hudd is overrated, i agree there have been some that have not been constructive. However they are no more ridiculous then those that have compered Hudd to Hoddle and they have been some that have said that.

At present we have no alternative than to play him imo, I saw my first game in 61, when I think of some of our past players I think Tom has been good value for money really. until Dembele is fit we need Huddlestone.

And you have every right to think that, however saying that I cannot believe some of the rubbish in this thread, are you really Tottenham supporters, (which was your comment in your earlier post) is a bit OTT when othesr express a different view to what you believe.

And you have every right to think that, however saying that I cannot believe some of the rubbish in this thread, are you really Tottenham supporters, (which was your comment in your earlier post) is a bit OTT when othesr express a different view to what you believe.

For my money Jimmy-g is quite within his right to question the credentials of the "fan" who labelled one of our most talented players "brick." Thudd's defenders are not asking for blind loyalty, just a bit of respect and recognition for his role in helping us into the CL and patience following his long lay-off. Sure, his recovery to full match mobility and sharpness is taking longer than any of us would like, but for "fans" to write off so soon after such a lengthy absence is just plain ridiculous.

I remember Thudd's performances in the run-in to our CL qualifying season, we beat Arsenal, Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project with Thudd dictating the play. In the CL he was immense against Inter at home! I hope he gets back to full fitness, on his game he is a great midfielder

Back