• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

I remember Thudd's performances in the run-in to our CL qualifying season, we beat Arsenal, Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project with Thudd dictating the play. In the CL he was immense against Inter at home! I hope he gets back to full fitness, on his game he is a great midfielder

This argument keeps getting repeated, however it also keeps getting ignored by those who claim that Huddlestone isn't and won't be good enough to be a regular starter for a top 4 side. He has done just that and even did so playing next to Luka Modric who wasn't exactly Sandro defensively, in some of those games we even played a 4-4-2.

This argument keeps getting repeated, however it also keeps getting ignored by those who claim that Huddlestone isn't and won't be good enough to be a regular starter for a top 4 side. He has done just that and even did so playing next to Luka Modric who wasn't exactly Sandro defensively, in some of those games we even played a 4-4-2.

Not sure it's been ignored, just some players never regain previous form after injury or other incidents. See Palacios.

I'm more inclined to rate him on his current performances, rather then recall his past glories. I hope he regains that form, but he has currently not.

For my money Jimmy-g is quite within his right to question the credentials of the "fan" who labelled one of our most talented players "brick." Thudd's defenders are not asking for blind loyalty, just a bit of respect and recognition for his role in helping us into the CL and patience following his long lay-off. Sure, his recovery to full match mobility and sharpness is taking longer than any of us would like, but for "fans" to write off so soon after such a lengthy absence is just plain ridiculous.

that's the trouble these days, few people have it.

everyone wants instant results or they're under pressure, whether that's Hudd or AVB.

this mindset is fed by the internet, 24 hour rolling sports news, hysterical red tops and Adrian Durham, much to the detriment of decent debate and balanced opinion.

everyone wants instant results or they're under pressure, whether that's Hudd or AVB.

this mindset is fed by the internet, 24 hour rolling sports news, hysterical red tops and Adrian Durham, much to the detriment of decent debate and balanced opinion.

I disagree. The lack of patience is based upon the fact that every single result counts. One point lost here and there could mean the difference between 3rd or 4th, 4th or 5th, or even as demonstrated by the Manc clubs last year 1st and 2nd.

Not sure it's been ignored, just some players never regain previous form after injury or other incidents. See Palacios.

I'm more inclined to rate him on his current performances, rather then recall his past glories. I hope he regains that form, but he has currently not.

Actually no, this argument has been brought up many times while he was still injured, what was the excuse then?

Of course he hasn't regained full form yet, that's why people are saying that we should give him some time to regain it. He's started what? 4 games since being out for a full season and then some? Not quite enough to start judging him imo.

I disagree. The lack of patience is based upon the fact that every single result counts. One point lost here and there could mean the difference between 3rd or 4th, 4th or 5th, or even as demonstrated by the Manc clubs last year 1st and 2nd.

Yes, and a Huddlestone back to full fitness as a part of our squad could help us gain a lot of points later this season.

It's not like AVB is benching a clearly better player for him at the moment, or that anyone here is calling for that to happen. Just that when he is (imo rightly) being preferred to Livermore while Dembele is out injured he shouldn't be expected to be right back at his best straight away.

Yes, and a Huddlestone back to full fitness as a part of our squad could help us gain a lot of points later this season.

It's not like AVB is benching a clearly better player for him at the moment, or that anyone here is calling for that to happen. Just that when he is (imo rightly) being preferred to Livermore while Dembele is out injured he shouldn't be expected to be right back at his best straight away.

Or it could cost us points now and he may never regain that fitness. It's a gamble either way.

I rate Livermore as more defensively sound than Hudd, but with Sandro beside him Thudd is the way to go.

Weird that anyone can even begin to take him seriously. We all know his job is to be the biggest WUM of them all, but at least it makes him a good laugh.

So... 3 posts in a row, this is going to look like a rant, but I just thought of one more point.

Out of our current first choice and important squad players we've seen at least Ekotto, Lennon, Bale and Defoe being branded as not good enough and given up on by many at some point or another. Several of them after or during injury problems. Out of those only Bale was very young when that happened. We've also seen Sandro perform way sub par when returning from a much shorter injury than the one Hudd's been through.

They all took their chances when given a chance either due to injury or others performing poorly, they didn't always become first choice players straight away, but after being given some time they've made themselves important players for us. Huddlestone has shown that he has a lot of potential, he's coming into the age when central midfielders normally enter their prime, at least let him regain full match fitness and let him show what he can.

Or it could cost us points now and he may never regain that fitness. It's a gamble either way.

I rate Livermore as more defensively sound than Hudd, but with Sandro beside him Thudd is the way to go.

How is it costing us points now if he's "the way to go"? How is it even a gamble if he's the best player currently available for that position?

How is it costing us points now if he's "the way to go"? How is it even a gamble if he's the best player currently available for that position?

It's the way to go because our AM position is currently lacking creativity and i am hoping that one of them starts taking control of games.

It could cost us points because we're more likely to concede with Thudd on the pitch, but we are more likely to score.

The gamble is either playing the we're going to score more than you or going with the more defensively sound option.

Its dawned on after watchig his last run of performances that although he has all the technical ability he just doesnt have the intelligence to influence play in the way Modric did.

Its dawned on after watchig his last run of performances that although he has all the technical ability he just doesnt have the intelligence to influence play in the way Modric did.

Very few people in the world can influence play the way Modric did unfortunately.

Back