• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

I think some of the comments about huddlestone are incredibly harsh. I actually thought he was one our better performers for a while on saturday. his passing qualities are still there. he clearly is lacking match sharpness which is understandable after almost a year out and in and out of the team this year. i say play him against fk maribor and then he could be looking effective against southampton if dembele is not fit.

I agree.

Looked good alongside Sandro against a very good Chelsea side. A side that those criticizing Hudd claimed was one of those teams he just couldn't play against.

Was very important for us until he was taken off, one of the few players we had capable of stringing a pass or two together to relieve some pressure. Thought it was a very strange one to take him off even at 2-1 and even more so at 2-2, unless he was just completely running out of steam.

Hudd was very good against Chelsea but he is not match fit.
IMO that is bleeding obvious but why are not arrangements made to get multi-million pound players like Tom involved in games before slinging him on against the best team in Europe?
It is not just Spurs it is the whole amateurish approach in football.

Hudd was very good against Chelsea but he is not match fit.
IMO that is bleeding obvious but why are not arrangements made to get multi-million pound players like Tom involved in games before slinging him on against the best team in Europe?
It is not just Spurs it is the whole amateurish approach in football.

Any excuse for his crap performance today? His attempt at a tackle Mejac in the prelude to their goal was simply pathetic...

From the Guardian:

Huddlestone's passing is starting to get annoying. His constant lofts into the box look elegant but are seldom finding a team-mate and even hint at laziness. A bit more imagination is required.

Perfect encapsulation of his game...

Any excuse for his crap performance today? His attempt at a tackle Mejac in the prelude to their goal was simply pathetic...

Getting sold by a dummy? I suspect you'll see some far better players than him get sold like that.

Wasn't a great performance, but a hell of a lot better than watching Parker pass it to the keeper or Livermore pass it to the linesman.

Getting sold by a dummy? I suspect you'll see some far better players than him get sold like that.

Wasn't a great performance, but a hell of a lot better than watching Parker pass it to the keeper or Livermore pass it to the linesman.

I'd rather watch this than watch opposition players jog past Thudd.

If you ask me who I would prefer between Hudd and Parker it would be Hudd. He was greatly to blame for our qualification for ECL and if HR had not brought him on against Young Boys we would not have even made the group stage.

If you ask me who I would prefer between Hudd and Parker it would be Hudd. He was greatly to blame for our qualification for ECL and if HR had not brought him on against Young Boys we would not have even made the group stage.

If the hudd you are picking is the one of a couple of years ago, then yes, i can see your point.

However the Hudd of more recent times has not been a patch on that.

The fact that he's spent more time injured than playing since then would suggest he might not be in the same form or even the same player right now.

The fact that he's spent more time injured than playing since then would suggest he might not be in the same form or even the same player right now.

You won't get an argument from me about that. Ideally he would be getting fit playing for someone else but as it happens he is helping us in a restricted fashion currently.

One of our better players today I thought. Yes, he got done too easily for the goal, but at least he showed some creativity on the ball. I saw fudge all of that from the other players out there. It's obvious that there will be trouble if he is left one on one with a quick attacker inside our own box, but as a team, we should manage to avoid such a scenario. We also have to remember he is still a long way off being in his best shape. He was out injured for more than a year.

Back