• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

So, farewell the Hudd.
We liked your passing, and your 'fro.
Your unusual tackling technique,
And thunderous shooting.
Some say you were a little heavy,
Around the girth.
With the turning circle,
Of a super tanker.
But who could forget your wonder goals,
Against Arsenal, Dinamo Zagreb, and Bolton.
Your BAPE gear - and those pink shorts.

Last edited:
The thing that irritates me about this is that Huddlestone and Dawson are going to the wrong clubs. Huddlestone is not going to thrive in a physical team that presses the opposition on the ball and will bypass him in midfield as they hoof long balls up the pitch. He should be at a club like QPR under a manager like Hughes that will use him to help pick out their wingers and forwards with long balls that arrive at their feet. Whereas Dawson would actually thrive more at a club like Stoke that plays a deep defensive line and sends a lot of high balls into the box for him to attack at set-pieces.

Shame really.

The thing that irritates me about this is that Huddlestone and Dawson are going to the wrong clubs. Huddlestone is not going to thrive in a physical team that presses the opposition on the ball and will bypass him in midfield as they hoof long balls up the pitch. He should be at a club like QPR under a manager like Hughes that will use him to help pick out their wingers and forwards with long balls that arrive at their feet. Whereas Dawson would actually thrive more at a club like Stoke that plays a deep defensive line and sends a lot of high balls into the box for him to attack at set-pieces.

Shame really.

Not sure if this is true, more likely he'll be the man sitting in front of the back four, receiving the ball from the CB's and then 'hoofing' it up the pitch.

Wait what? When Stoke hit long balls forwards it's hoofing it, whilst when QPR hoof it forward it's just a long ball?.. Interesting..

This place is an absolute dog house now. Posters like Hully and Golfball are becoming more and more frequent. I don't mean having different opinions, but I mean the incredible INCREDIBLE negativity with absolutely no foundation. I'm all for rounded intelligent debate, but things have got stupid now. It's becoming unbearable to come here and read as some people have a different interpretation of the word support than I do...

The season has stared very promisingly, what the fudge is there to complain about? I lovedawson and huddlestone too, but I also possess something called a brain, and sense, and if Dawson isn't fancied then so be it, if that pushes caulker on and he becomes the new Ledley then great. If huddlestone isn't deemed fit and mobile enough then he certainly isn't going to get that sat on his arse most weeks so why not send him out see how he looks in January or get him sharp for next season. Or if he's not right for the new system then another one who has to leave. This is football, but there are so many thick fudging people who love to have a bitch, again, it doesn't feel like just opinions, it's go to a new level on here, just insidious negativity.

so you would propose that people who are negative are thick , stupid and with no brain. the only acceptable response on these boards is a positive one?

and i'd just like to add

the only or the significant factor towards thudd loan out to stoke is because he is no wanted by the manager or he isnt in the managers plans. it is not because they are sending him out to get fit....i mean honestly, who loans out a valued first team memeber when they return from injury? they cant wait to start getting them playing games for them..make up for lost time.

get him sharp for next season? thudd's gone next year after he's played himself into a decent price at stoke. you think levy is going sell Tom Huddlestone, a rare breed, for a cut price afe a year out with a depreciated value that gives a totally wrong impression of his actual value? please..if he was important to the coach then he wont go out on loan , simple.

and i'd just like to add

the only or the significant factor towards thudd loan out to stoke is because he is no wanted by the manager or he isnt in the managers plans. it is not because they are sending him out to get fit....i mean honestly, who loans out a valued first team memeber when they return from injury? they cant wait to start getting them playing games for them..make up for lost time.

get him sharp for next season? thudd's gone next year after he's played himself into a decent price at stoke. you think levy is going sell Tom Huddlestone, a rare breed, for a cut price afe a year out with a depreciated value that gives a totally wrong impression of his actual value? please..if he was important to the coach then he wont go out on loan , simple.

'Valuable first team member'.. He's not a first team player if Modric stays, and i expect we'll buy a replacement for Modric when he goes who will be a first team player. Huddlestone is a squad player.

Who on earth would loan out a squad player after he's been injured for a year.. It's not like the big teams like Real Madrid would loan out a player who has been injured to give him game time...

and i'd just like to add

Good post and agreed (well minus the slighlty exaggerated 'bigging up' of Huddlestone).

'Valuable first team member'.. He's not a first team player if Modric stays, and i expect we'll buy a replacement for Modric when he goes who will be a first team player. Huddlestone is a squad player.

Who on earth would loan out a squad player after he's been injured for a year.. It's not like the big teams like Real Madrid would loan out a player who has been injured to give him game time...

Aboslutelty this - decent squad player who was only first choice at the time because there was no-one better - why is that so hard to grasp?

We now have VdV, Sig, Sandro, Livermore, Parker and possibly a new replacement competing for 2-3 spots max. - if the manager doesn't see him in his plans we have to accept that

Aboslutelty this - decent squad player who was only first choice at the time because there was no-one better - why is that so hard to grasp?

We now have VdV, Sig, Sandro, Livermore, Parker and possibly a new replacement competing for 2-3 spots max. - if the manager doesn't see him in his plans we have to accept that

I think some of it is the fact that Thudd is a unique player. We don't have any of his "type" that is better. The fact that his "type" doesent nescesarily fit in with AVB's tactics don't matter.

But at the same time, he has the chance , one witch he wouldn't have gotten at spurs, to prove himself....

this is true, he could overturn his verdict...but this idea that we are loaning him out to get him fit and back for january or next year...i do not understand.

but he does have a chnace to show what he is about

Shame is he going to Stoke rather than a side that at least tries to play nice football.

Of course we have to accept that.

However if he goes I will be upset if that is the squad along with Modric or a Modric replacement.

VdV and Sig both play best in the role just behind the striker. Neither of them have shown themselves capable of playing a deep role in the Premiership. That leaves us with only Modric or his replacement as the creative player in the centre. Modric if he stays might be moody and the new player might take some time to settle in. We would be one injury away from playing two out of Sandro, Parker and Livermore as the central duo. Not unlike last season actually, where luckily Modric's longest injury lay off was something like one game.

Should fit in well at Stoke

article-1316393-0B684498000005DC-816_634x446.jpg

Back