• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

The manager should be backed
100 percent. To be fair I rate Jenas over fatty. I doubt anyone agrees with your suggestion about earning the right to sign and sell players. It's a fundamental part of management.

Not if he can't handle the pressing part of the game he couldn't.

He can pick who he wants, which would be the reason, if he has chosen, to sell Thudd.

This pressing thing that keeps getting mentioned. Harry was ultra big on pressing and Hudd was a starter.

And pressing is not the only thing to consider. If AVB picks his whole squad based on pressing ability, then again it would be rather worrying. That is why you have a squad, so that you can get a range of ability.

Oh and I saw your comment on Mod going. I just want to tell you it was the most pointless comment ever. Technically no, he isnt gone is he ? but...

Why would it be worrying?

If he got those players to perform well it would be anything but.

Because we know they are brick. They aren't going to perform, we know they wont. Therefore it would be worrying if our new boss couldnt spot what we all know. However its blatantly obvious he doesnt rate them either and "the brick" will be leaving.

This pressing thing that keeps getting mentioned. Harry was ultra big on pressing and Hudd was a starter.

And pressing is not the only thing to consider. If AVB picks his whole squad based on pressing ability, then again it would be rather worrying. That is why you have a squad, so that you can get a range of ability.

Oh and I saw your comment on Mod going. I just want to tell you it was the most pointless comment ever. Technically no, he isnt gone is he ? but...

If you can't see the difference between the pressing against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and the pressing under Harry then this truly is a pointless discussion.

The manager should be backed
100 percent. To be fair I rate Jenas over fatty. I doubt anyone agrees with your suggestion about earning the right to sign and sell players. It's a fundamental part of management.

Generally you back him, but have a bit of risk management. Every chairman in the PL does it. There has never been a manager at our club who has had every decision backed by the board.

I dont understand why you think Levy would just let him do what he wants when he has never done this with any manager. And earning the right to make big calls also makes sense. I doubt Wenger had completely his own way until he showed the board he knew what he was doing. No one knows what AVB is going to do, not his fault its early days but I said this earlier and its relevant again - I dont think the concept I'm putting forward is new or difficult.

If you can't see the difference between the pressing against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and the pressing under Harry then this truly is a pointless discussion.

Yeah I saw it, difference is we forgot to play football on Saturday. But never mind we pressed well (well actually we didnt particularly, they had it easy and you know it) . And anyway, wtf are you on about - the thread isnt about pressing so yeah ok end the pointless discussion if you have forgotten.

Yeah I saw it, difference is we forgot to play football on Saturday. But never mind we pressed well (well actually we didnt particularly, they had it easy and you know it) . And anyway, wtf are you on about - the thread isnt about pressing so yeah ok end the pointless discussion if you have forgotten.

This thread is about Huddlestone and his inability to press the way the team looks like they are going to be doing. Which is key to us gaining possession against teams. So if he can't do it, it'll be a huge issue.

The pressing was actually very impressive against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. It was the losing possession after working so hard to get it back that undid us.

Exactly! We conceded possession on lots of games and played on the counter!!

Tempted to make one of my earlier comments but you'll just call the mods in again.

And yeah... Dos Santos... world class aint he ? He's barely even PL standard and I dont know why anyone in their right mind would think otherwise. Any stat ? how about their Spurs appearances stat in the last 3 years.

This thread is about Huddlestone and his inability to press the way the team looks like they are going to be doing. Which is key to us gaining possession against teams. So if he can't do it, it'll be a huge issue.

The pressing was actually very impressive against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. It was the losing possession after working so hard to get it back that undid us.

If only we had a player with a reputation for never giving the ball away in our squad. You know, someone that is recognised by pundits and experts as being one of the finest passers in the league.

!!!

Come on your nearly there... think a bit more and you'll see the point.

Edit - actually im going soon so i'll spell it out, yes he might not be the best presser but he can help with what was lacking on Saturday. Thats why you have a squad. Balance and a range of ability.

If AVB seriously puts that much emphasis on pressing that he would sell Hudd... worrying.

And another edit - our pressing was not impressive on saturday. It was maybe good first half. Second half they had it easy, we faded. When we really get going, remember this discussion and see the difference.

Last edited:
If only we had a player with a reputation for never giving the ball away in our squad. You know, someone that is recognised by pundits and experts as being one of the finest passers in the league.

!!!

Come on your nearly there... think a bit more and you'll see the point.

Yeah. His name is Luka Modric.

(If huddlestone was in the squad, the pressing would have failed more and we would have seen even less of the ball)

My honest opinion with Hudd is that after watching him in pre-season in USA he clearly isn't fit enough to be playing for Spurs now. He looked slow and wasn't even capable to do all the simple AND good passes he did two-three years ago. A whole year away may have set him back more than we first thought, and for me it's obvious that he need to train more and play more games to fit into a Spurs-team hunting for a CL-spot this season. Maybe he will come back fitter and quicker, and then AVB has another good option at CM.

Yeah. His name is Luka Modric.

(If huddlestone was in the squad, the pressing would have failed more and we would have seen even less of the ball)

No we would have retained possession. Guardiola said last season, when asked about Barca pressing well in the game, that if we are noticing the pressing too much it is because they didnt have the ball "I dont want to press, I want us to keep the ball in the first place" (well along those lines) was his point.

My honest opinion with Hudd is that after watching him in pre-season in USA he clearly isn't fit enough to be playing for Spurs now. He looked slow and wasn't even capable to do all the simple AND good passes he did two-three years ago. A whole year away may have set him back more than we first thought, and for me it's obvious that he need to train more and play more games to fit into a Spurs-team hunting for a CL-spot this season. Maybe he will come back fitter and quicker, and then AVB has another good option at CM.

1 post and its far better than the pages of drivel I've had to put up with reading. I didnt see much of pre season, but if this happened and it is all AVB really knows about Hudd (remember hudd didnt play last season when AVB was in the PL and he wasnt a big player when AVB was with Jose) then it would explain a lot more than anything else I've read.

Back