• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

My honest opinion with Hudd is that after watching him in pre-season in USA he clearly isn't fit enough to be playing for Spurs now. He looked slow and wasn't even capable to do all the simple AND good passes he did two-three years ago. A whole year away may have set him back more than we first thought, and for me it's obvious that he need to train more and play more games to fit into a Spurs-team hunting for a CL-spot this season. Maybe he will come back fitter and quicker, and then AVB has another good option at CM.

A player looking unfit in pre season? Stop the presses.

Tempted to make one of my earlier comments but you'll just call the mods in again.

And yeah... Dos Santos... world class aint he ? He's barely even PL standard and I dont know why anyone in their right mind would think otherwise. Any stat ? how about their Spurs appearances stat in the last 3 years.

Mexico and Sevilla disagree. You know better of course.

Jenas was on the bench and Hudd was at centre parcs. Do you disagree that he rates JJ over Hudd ?

And yes, prove yourself before you sell a good player. Selling Dos Santos and Bentley sure, but selling people who very very good - could easily back fire.

What if it was a player you rated, like Bale - wouldn't you want some sort of assurance that AVB knew what he was doing ?

JJ was on the bench because parker's injured and Modric is not available/his replacement isn't either, plus we hadn't signed Adebayor. Trust me, Jenas would not have been on that bench otherwise...

Got to say , even looking on the season going forward, i'm finding it hard to be in high spirits or motivated about it.
that butterfly anticipation i used to get at the beginning is very much missing. dont like what appears to have been going on....i feel like my style of players that i have shown affinity for as well as iconic players from recent past that were responsible for getting us where we are are either leaving or getting discarded like trash in surgical manner....added to that i have no idea what style / brand of football we'll be seeing
Never been one to be lifted purely by results..always tried to look at the bigger picture or just enjoy tottenham no matter what.....now i can easily see appreciation only coming with a glamorous 3 point. and that ladies and gentlemen is fudging sad

hopefully the mood will pick up.

so who we selling next? Lennon?

Well AVB was proven to be out of his depth at Chelsea, an inflexible system, unable to change things if plan A didn't work, poor man management etc etc.

Lots of people said he will have learned from his mistakes and was the man to take us forward (what ever that means).

From what I can see he's doing exactly the same again.

:ross: :ross: :ross: :ross:

Certainly better than Livermore. I mean Livermore stays and Hudd goes ? I dont think Levy should let a new manager make these decisions until he has proven himself with the club. Probably why it is a loan.

How exactly is a manager supposed to prove himself if he isnt even given remit to, you know, manage?

@j_pennant: Morning ladies n gents.... I walked in training and got a shock saw my friend Tom Huddleston.... On loan till end of season good signing

We played on the counter under Harry. This is embarrassing. Pressing! Unreal.

We did press under Harry for a spell, it led to our excellent start the season we first finished 4th.

As I recall a Barca third string side schooled us in the 1-1 (where Livermore scored) and Harry took it on board. We started the season pressing like mad dogs and it set us up for a very good year.

We didnt seem to persevere with it after a while though

1 post and its far better than the pages of drivel I've had to put up with reading. I didnt see much of pre season, but if this happened and it is all AVB really knows about Hudd (remember hudd didnt play last season when AVB was in the PL and he wasnt a big player when AVB was with Jose) then it would explain a lot more than anything else I've read.

AVB who has spent YEARS scouting English teams you mean? He will have a very good idea of what Huddlestone is and isnt. The thought that he hasnt seen him and only pre-season has exposed him (where Hudd isnt 100%) is frankly laughable.

Though I think SpursNorway makes the right point.

Huddlestone, it seems, isnt fit for purpose at this time. He is being LOANED not SOLD (like Rose) which suggests to me a desire for the players to get games and fitness/experience before returning to us to be of actual worth to the squad.

Huddlestone has been out for a full season. Even if he is fit now it will take him time to get his match sharpness back and find his range. Had he played on Saturday Im reasonably confident it would not have gone well for him...

I'd say this move is mainly to get Hudd some match fitness and try him out to see if he breaks down as others have said.

This place is an absolute dog house now. Posters like Hully and Golfball are becoming more and more frequent. I don't mean having different opinions, but I mean the incredible INCREDIBLE negativity with absolutely no foundation. I'm all for rounded intelligent debate, but things have got stupid now. It's becoming unbearable to come here and read as some people have a different interpretation of the word support than I do...

The season has stared very promisingly, what the fudge is there to complain about? I lovedawson and huddlestone too, but I also possess something called a brain, and sense, and if Dawson isn't fancied then so be it, if that pushes caulker on and he becomes the new Ledley then great. If huddlestone isn't deemed fit and mobile enough then he certainly isn't going to get that sat on his arse most weeks so why not send him out see how he looks in January or get him sharp for next season. Or if he's not right for the new system then another one who has to leave. This is football, but there are so many thick fudging people who love to have a bitch, again, it doesn't feel like just opinions, it's go to a new level on here, just insidious negativity.

one thing about Stoke. Pulis loves his players to be super fit. This could be a really good thing and maybe Hudd will realize he needs to be more mobile like in his Ramos days.

very well put Grimsby, I love Hudd and Dawson, but if the manager doesn't think they'll fit the system then so be it. I'm with you on your interpretation of the loan for Hudd, he needs games and AVB doesn't want to risk him with us.

This place is an absolute dog house now. Posters like Hully and Golfball are becoming more and more frequent. I don't mean having different opinions, but I mean the incredible INCREDIBLE negativity with absolutely no foundation. I'm all for rounded intelligent debate, but things have got stupid now. It's becoming unbearable to come here and read as some people have a different interpretation of the word support than I do...

The season has stared very promisingly, what the fudge is there to complain about? I lovedawson and huddlestone too, but I also possess something called a brain, and sense, and if Dawson isn't fancied then so be it, if that pushes caulker on and he becomes the new Ledley then great. If huddlestone isn't deemed fit and mobile enough then he certainly isn't going to get that sat on his arse most weeks so why not send him out see how he looks in January or get him sharp for next season. Or if he's not right for the new system then another one who has to leave. This is football, but there are so many thick fudging people who love to have a bitch, again, it doesn't feel like just opinions, it's go to a new level on here, just insidious negativity.

I love you!!

Listening to Talkbrick this morning in the car the knives are out in the media already......how DARE AVB sell a GOLD OLD FASHIONED (TM) centre half like Dawson!!! Now Hudd is the second coming of Messi?? FFS...you couldn't make this brick up.......some people need some fudging Prozac of sommat!

+1

In regard to the issue that they may not be replaced, it could be a point. However you kind of have to wait until the end of the window to be sure.

530010_10152038559580554_35473068_n.jpg

Back