• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

We have no tempo when he plays. Way too slow for the modern game. Stoke would like him for his long balls and set piece delivery. The perfect place for him.

Some of our best performances have been with him on the pitch and some of our biggest turn arounds have been with him coming on. All because he upped the tempo.

No he doesnt pick the ball up and drive forward at speed, but he positions himself well and plays the RIGHT pass - the quality of his passing is also good, but normally he plays the right pass quite early and gets it to a player who can attack at speed (like Lennon).

The side of Hudd I don't like is his off the ball work when under pressure. Trouble is you dont always know when he will be good and when he wont. Sometimes we've played Arsenal and he's done well, sometimes he's just had their team run rings around him.

Biggest change Harry made when he came in was put Hudd as a guaranteed starter and our results over the next 18 months were great. (and thats a hudd comment and not a harry one, so please no one be a thick bastard and miss the point).

PS - you have 70 points ? I've got 0 far.

Thats our best season (and CL partnership where we did well) central midfield gone. Partly out of AVBs hands but lets remember Hudd was a regular when we were doing well.

You speak as though we weren't doing well without him. We still finished 4th last season.

Some of our best performances have been with him on the pitch and some of our biggest turn arounds have been with him coming on. All because he upped the tempo.

No he doesnt pick the ball up and drive forward at speed, but he positions himself well and plays the RIGHT pass - the quality of his passing is also good, but normally he plays the right pass quite early and gets it to a player who can attack at speed (like Lennon).

The side of Hudd I don't like is his off the ball work when under pressure. Trouble is you dont always know when he will be good and when he wont. Sometimes we've played Arsenal and he's done well, sometimes he's just had their team run rings around him.

Biggest change Harry made when he came in was put Hudd as a guaranteed starter and our results over the next 18 months were great. (and thats a hudd comment and not a harry one, so please no one be a thick bastard and miss the point).

PS - you have 70 points ? I've got 0 far.

So far

You speak as though we weren't doing well without him. We still finished 4th last season.

In response to the feeling that he isnt a good player. He was central to a great season. Remember Parker is injured and Mod is gone, and that was last seasons partnership. I think Hudd has proven that he can be part of a successful team.

And we didn't do well last year?

Well not the last 10 games. Parker was struggling and Hudd would have been perfect to come in. Dont get me wrong, I rate Sandro very highly but Hudd would have been a better option than him in some games.

Certainly better than Livermore. I mean Livermore stays and Hudd goes ? I dont think Levy should let a new manager make these decisions until he has proven himself with the club. Probably why it is a loan.

In response to the feeling that he isnt a good player. He was central to a great season. Remember Parker is injured and Mod is gone, and that was last seasons partnership. I think Hudd has proven that he can be part of a successful team.

Mod is gone? Up on the official site now is it?

Parker's replacement is Sandro, that's fine.

Hudd was part of a successful team, that does not mean he will fit well in AVB's team though.

Well not the last 10 games. Parker was struggling and Hudd would have been perfect to come in. Dont get me wrong, I rate Sandro very highly but Hudd would have been a better option than him in some games.

Certainly better than Livermore. I mean Livermore stays and Hudd goes ? I dont think Levy should let a new manager make these decisions until he has proven himself with the club. Probably why it is a loan.

Wait... In your opinion the manager shouldn't be able to pick players who he thinks will fit into his playing style?

That is just going to lead to a situation where the manager is far more likely to fail because he is forced into sticking square pegs in round holes.

Levy should undermine a new manager? Ok

Wait... In your opinion the manager shouldn't be able to pick players who he thinks will fit into his playing style?

That is just going to lead to a situation where the manager is far more likely to fail because he is forced into sticking square pegs in round holes.

Not what I said was it. Selling off really good players before he has won a game. He can pick who he wants, he has enough players not to put square pegs in round holes.

And Hudd could easily play in an AVB team. And if we are selling Hudd because we have a much better player lined up, great. I have a feeling we are selling Hudd because Jenas and Livermore are preferred.

Not what I said was it. Selling off really good players before he has won a game. He can pick who he wants, he has enough players not to put square pegs in round holes.

And Hudd could easily play in an AVB team. And if we are selling Hudd because we have a much better player lined up, great. I have a feeling we are selling Hudd because Jenas and Livermore are preferred.

Not if he can't handle the pressing part of the game he couldn't.

He can pick who he wants, which would be the reason, if he has chosen, to sell Thudd.

Levy should undermine a new manager? Ok

Buying a player AVB doesnt want would be undermining, picking the team would be undermining him.

Not selling some really good players who were previously in the first team until he is sure the manager has proven himself, just risk management really. Im sure AVB isnt going to throw his toys out of the pram because Hudd stays as a reserve or goes out on loan.

Sell Dos Santos, Bentley and all that brick before you get to Hudd.

Dos Santos is infinitely better than Hudd. No comparison. international. Gold medalist. Scores loads for his country. Wanted by the likes of Sevilla. Poor man management by Harry and a player we should be keeping over fatty. Who is a world pie eating champ by the looks of things.

Buying a player AVB doesnt want would be undermining, picking the team would be undermining him.

Not selling some really good players who were previously in the first team until he is sure the manager has proven himself, just risk management really. Im sure AVB isnt going to throw his toys out of the pram because Hudd stays as a reserve or goes out on loan.

Sell Dos Santos, Bentley and all that shiu get to Huddt before yo.

'That brick' might fit into an AVB squad. You never know.

Dos Santos is infinitely better than Hudd. No comparison. international. Gold medalist. Scores loads for his country. Wanted by the likes of Sevilla. Poor man management by Harry and a player we should be keeping over fatty. Who is a world pie eating champ by the looks of things.

Gah, It's not that i don't rate Thudd, it's just that if we don't back the manager then we can hardly be surprised when he fails. Right?

Although you clearly hate Thudd.. :p

Lol. Jenas! And AVB can't sell players until he wins a game? Wtf!!

Jenas was on the bench and Hudd was at centre parcs. Do you disagree that he rates JJ over Hudd ?

And yes, prove yourself before you sell a good player. Selling Dos Santos and Bentley sure, but selling people who very very good - could easily back fire.

What if it was a player you rated, like Bale - wouldn't you want some sort of assurance that AVB knew what he was doing ?

Back