• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

You usually lack motivation at the beginning if something. You're saying we started all guns blazing and then decided to pack it in? We were pushing hard for an equaliser. The penalty was a killer having clawed our way back into the match and we are probably still lacking match fitness to maintain the pressing for a full 90. it ain't rocket science.

Dodgy team selection - you mean the same selection the majority of posters here were predicting/suggesting before the game? I saw nothing wrong with it personally.

Unmotivated? After being roundly applauded for great efforts in keeping shape and pressing Saudi Sportswashing Machine I dont see that stacking up either.

What is AVB doing on a bigger scale that Harry did to be critisised for exactly?

New manager moulds the squad - shocker. King has retired, out of his hands. Nelsen was a loan, one that wasnt even popular, terrible decision to let him go? No. Bassong - never used by Redknapp at all last season, no loss. Dawson - apparently not fit for AVbs purposes. Replaced by someone who is. Terrible, terrible moves there indeed :-"

So essentially you are still hung up on the ex and are unfairly judging the new squeeze?

No. Everything I have said about AVB has happened, it would say its far more likely to be the other way round. People who didnt like Harry dont want to criticise AVB as they dont want to make it look like they were wrong.

Harry has gone, we have a new manager who should be judged in his own right. Therefore, quite clearly there have been some negative things so far but the Harry haters dont want to let him be criticised ? Very sad, very pathetic.

Im sure you will see me be AVBs biggest fan should we win the next 10 games. I dont expect the reverse to be true. Sad.

And yes, that display against Saudi Sportswashing Machine was unmotivated. FFS this is ridiculous, we lost a game against a poor display from the opposition while ending the match poorly, yet im not allowed to point out the negatives ?

Im not saying this means we are getting relegated, Im just saying what happened in the first game. Since when has that been considered a good display for any club.

Please can you try and stop another thread descending into a Redknapp v AVB argument. When the admins agreed that we would try and cut back on merging threads, we agreed that we would start deleting off topic posts and issuing infractions for it, so please treat each other with respect, don't make incendiary comments and stop shouting each other down.

You usually lack motivation at the beginning if something. You're saying we started all guns blazing and then decided to pack it in? We were pushing hard for an equaliser. The penalty was a killer having clawed our way back into the match and we are probably still lacking match fitness to maintain the pressing for a full 90. it ain't rocket science.

No I never said we started all guns blazing, do you think that was the case ? have you ever watched football before ? I cannot believe that some people dislike Harry so much they would rather try and turn a poor display into a good one (despite losing to a poor Saudi Sportswashing Machine team) just to defend the guy that replaces him.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine strolled the 2nd half and I dont see why that is too hard to admit ? The biggest factor that backs me up is that WE LOST. AVB could be our greatest ever manager, but that will never be considered a good display under any set of criteria. Yes there were positives, there were positives when Ramos lost 6 of the first 8.

And FYI - no opinion I put on this board has anything to do with you, it is never just to disagree with you. I know you have a big ego, a lot of people who lack self awareness do, but sorry my opinion is based on what I see, not whether Leeds Spur happens to agree of disagree.

I genuinely think you are barking up the wrong tree here.

Harry haters? Come on man grow up. Half of your posts there just screem "wah wah my favourite manager has gone"

There are always going to be extreme examples on here, but in the main people simply call it as they see it.

I was in favour of letting Harry go. I liked Harry. The two views are not mutually exclusive.

I like AVB, and want nothing more than for him to be a roaring success. Yet if I see something I dont like Ill speak up about it.

I see most people on here as basically the same.

So far, for me, AVB hasnt done anything wrong. Ill certainly speak up when I think he has though.

He picked a well balanced side against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Had them working well to a new system. A system that will take time to bed in, yet I was pleasantly surprised at how well embedded it was already (well done, AVB). First game of the season, disappointed with the result but only natural to look for the positives.

He is moulding the squad as he sees fit. Ill be sad to see Dawson and Huddlestone go, but can understand why and support him in his actions.

A lot of the work required on the squad is not born out of wild tactical ideas but what he inherited, IMO.

Seems a little premature to be trying to lay into him at this point.

Harry had 4 seasons, by which time the team was by his design, there is less room for patience in that scenario.

Please can you try and stop another thread descending into a Redknapp v AVB argument. When the admins agreed that we would try and cut back on merging threads, we agreed that we would start deleting off topic posts and issuing infractions for it, so please treat each other with respect, don't make incendiary comments and stop shouting each other down.

Its not a HR v AVB. Its discussing AVB with a few of the anti Harry lot unable to put a balanced view across. And the instigation for the AVB discussion was his decision to allow Hudd to leave. Sort of follows on and while not meeting the original topic header, it has progressed into that. Im sure people can just ignore this mini debate and talk about Hudd if they want.

Its not a HR v AVB. Its discussing AVB with a few of the anti Harry lot unable to put a balanced view across. And the instigation for the AVB discussion was his decision to allow Hudd to leave. Sort of follows on and while not meeting the original topic header, it has progressed into that. Im sure people can just ignore this mini debate and talk about Hudd if they want.

Why not start a thread on it then? What happened with Harry is turning into an even bigger poison than Stratford was, it is infecting every other thread on the board and taking countless threads off topic.

On Loan. Possibly to regain fitness.

Sack AVB!

Harry haters? Come on man grow up. Half of your posts there just screem "wah wah my favourite manager has gone"

There are always going to be extreme examples on here, but in the main people simply call it as they see it.

I was in favour of letting Harry go. I liked Harry. The two views are not mutually exclusive.

I like AVB, and want nothing more than for him to be a roaring success. Yet if I see something I dont like Ill speak up about it.

So far, for me, AVB hasnt done anything wrong. Ill certainly speak up when I think he has though.

He picked a well balanced side against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Had them working well to a new system. A system that will take time to bed in, yet I was pleasantly surprised at how well embedded it was already (well done, AVB). First game of the season, disappointed with the result but only natural to look for the positives.

He is moulding the squad as he sees fit. Ill be sad to see Dawson and Huddlestone go, but can understand why and support him in his actions.

A lot of the work required on the squad is not born out of wild tactical ideas but what he inherited, IMO.

Harry had 4 seasons, by which time the team was by his design, there is less room for patience in that scenario.

But take away your need to try and pick the positives. The excuses are just ridiculous. We rested our new CB on the first day of the season apparently ! Not like we were away at Saudi Sportswashing Machine and needed our best players or anything.

I dont see a need to put any sort of spin on it. Im just saying what happened from a completely neutral starting position. You've already said you were looking for the positives.

It was a poor team selection. It WAS a poor performance. So it makes perfect sense for me to say those things. Yes I agree with giving him time, but it doesnt mean you cant call it how it is as you go along. No one is laying into him, its just what has happened so far. Any of my comments are said firmly accepting that some new managers may take a while to get going, and definitely said knowing that even though I saw day 1 as poor it doesnt mean that cant change on day 2.

And I also dont see why criticising his decision to let Dawson and Hudd leave seems to be so controversial. 2 players who no one can deny have had some excellent performances for us. 2 very good players. Even if you think AVB is the best manager in the world, doesnt mean you cant say "i dont agree with that one".

Last edited:

Jamie, is that you?:);)

That highlighted sentence could quite easily be flipped around. Just because some posters don't agree with your view point on how the team played it doesn't make them Harry haters, that's quite a bizarre theory.

But take away your need to try and pick the positives. The excuses are just ridiculous. We rested our new CB on the first day of the season apparently ! Not like we were away at Saudi Sportswashing Machine and needed our best players or anything.

I dont see a need to put any sort of spin on it. Im just saying what happened from a completely neutral starting position. You've already said you were looking for the positives.

It was a poor team selection. It WAS a poor performance. So it makes perfect sense for me to say those things. Yes I agree with giving him time, but it doesnt mean you cant call it how it is as you go along. No one is laying into him, its just what has happened so far. Any of my comments are said firmly accepting that some new managers may take a while to get going, and definitely said knowing that even though I saw day 1 as poor it doesnt mean that cant change on day 2.

And I also dont see why criticising his decision to let Dawson and Hudd leave seems to be so controversial. 2 players who no one can deny have had some excellent performances for us. 2 very good players. Even if you think AVB is the best manager in the world, doesnt mean you cant say "i dont agree with that one".

No, apparently we didn't play him because he'd been away on international, during which kaboul and gallas had been training together.

No I never said we started all guns blazing, do you think that was the case ? have you ever watched football before ? I cannot believe that some people dislike Harry so much they would rather try and turn a poor display into a good one (despite losing to a poor Saudi Sportswashing Machine team) just to defend the guy that replaces him.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine strolled the 2nd half and I dont see why that is too hard to admit ? The biggest factor that backs me up is that WE LOST. AVB could be our greatest ever manager, but that will never be considered a good display under any set of criteria. Yes there were positives, there were positives when Ramos lost 6 of the first 8.

And FYI - no opinion I put on this board has anything to do with you, it is never just to disagree with you. I know you have a big ego, a lot of people who lack self awareness do, but sorry my opinion is based on what I see, not whether Leeds Spur happens to agree of disagree.

Pack it in. You have your opinion. Only one of us it making it personal. Big ego,lacking self awareness, never watched a game. Mods, do your job please.

Why not start a thread on it then? What happened with Harry is turning into an even bigger poison than Stratford was, it is infecting every other thread on the board and taking countless threads off topic.

This has nothing to do with Harry, I thought I just said that ? Yes Harry got mentioned but just because you mention his name it doesnt mean its AVB v Harry. The slightly off topic views in this thread are about AVB. Yes maybe they should go in an AVB thread, but it developed in here (because of his decision) and will probably die just as quickly, with the remaining posts related to Hudd.

I dont think because other points got discussed that it automatically has to have a mod come in and cry "you are no on topic please stop it". Ultimately its a board to put opinion across, not really the biggest deal if you put something in the wrong thread. Its not like people cant discuss Hudd if they want to.

Pack it in. You have your opinion. Only one of us it making it personal. Big ego,lacking self awareness, never watched a game. Mods, do your job please.

:ross: you actually said to me about not watching game in your first post to me. You accused my opinion of just being because I wanted to disagree with you. WTF and your the one complaining ??

Im deeply sorry for my personal attack on you. I apologise for my extreme language and hurtful insults. I will make sure this vicious behaviour of mine will not be displayed again. Ill send you a bunch of flowers if you want ?

Have to agree with Golfball.

I didn't agree with AVB's team selection on Saturday, not playing Vertonghen and VDV was a mistake IMO.

Redknapp has been talked about to death on this forum so I won't add to it.

Honestly, I like AVB's brand of football. But I have my concerns about his man management skills. But that doesn't mean I'm not 100% behind him even If I didn't agree with the decision to get rid of the last manager.

Criticising the manager's team selection is fine, it's not like anybody has started calling for his head yet.

Hully seems to have it in for AVB the last few days :lol:

Well AVB was proven to be out of his depth at Chelsea, an inflexible system, unable to change things if plan A didn't work, poor man management etc etc.

Lots of people said he will have learned from his mistakes and was the man to take us forward (what ever that means).

From what I can see he's doing exactly the same again.

What is actually wrong with not playing a new player immediately? Did we go into the game with a couple of rookies? No. Gallas and Kaboul are a fine premiership pairing for any game. You are looking for issues here, where none actually exist. Tangentally, are you describing Vertonghen as one of our best players? Sensing a straw man there...

For what its worth I think it was a sensible move to not chuck a player coming from a weaker league into a very difficult fixture. Saudi Sportswashing Machine away is tough enough, first day of the season compounds that.

Ive said in the context of it being the first game of the season, and being the NEW MANAGERS first competitive fixtures it is only natural to look for positives. New start, exciting times...

I disagree, but that is a matter of opinion and I am prepared to just leave it as such. I dont think it was a poor selection and I dont think it was a bad performance.

Its not controversial, it is of course your right. What is controversial is trying to brand those that disagree with you Harry haters on a quest to support said hatred by unreasonable support of AVB.

I like both Dawson and Huddlestone. I can see arguments as to why they dont fit the new set up. It is indeed the managers pergorative as to comings and goings, and whether I like it or not Im inclined to support him in moulding the squad as he sees fit. Particularly when he is new to the role and needs as much support as he can get.

Incidentally, both players have been increasingly injury hit and neither player played a part in the past season. At this point in time, as good as they might be, they havent been a part of the team for a year. Its not as shocking as, say, selling Ekotto, Lennon and Kaboul...

Well AVB was proven to be out of his depth at Chelsea, an inflexible system, unable to change things if plan A didn't work, poor man management etc etc.

Lots of people said he will have learned from his mistakes and was the man to take us forward (what ever that means).

From what I can see he's doing exactly the same again.

Poor man management?

Where?

I'd love to see any proof of this.

Back