• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

48% possession actually. You're the first person to say the pressing didn't work. In fact it's been highly complimented, with the general consensus being we were unfortunate not be undone by a couple of pieces of individual quality.

No it's not. By pressing you push players forward, so losing it leaves a gaping hole. During the build up to that opening goal two passes took out 6 of our players.

No it's not. By pressing you push players forward, so losing it leaves a gaping hole. During the build up to that opening goal two passes took out 6 of our players.

Ah right.

So one mistake in 90 minutes means it's all gone to brick. Right i've got you now.

AVB out!

All I'm saying is it cost us a goal. It's a high risk way to play if you haven't got someone there who can pick out a pass.

All I'm saying is it cost us a goal. It's a high risk way to play if you haven't got someone there who can pick out a pass.

It alone did not cost us the goal though. Post this there were still 3-4 opportunities to get the ball away.

Walker not dealing with the cross into the box..

Gallas ducking out of the way..

I think it's a bit of a stretch to blame the goal purely on the pressing game.

I'm taking a more relaxed approach. Let the squad settle and get used to the system. It's not worth getting so stressed out, not like we're going to win the league anyway.

I agree with you in part, in that in order to be able to press well you also need to keep the ball well, which we didn't dow ell enough yesterday.

However, our pressing hardly deserves to be held highly responsible for their first goal. At worst it allowed them to have a player in a bit of space deep on the wing - something that isn't a massive threat, and is going to happen whatever system you play. The main blame for the goal was Walker misjudging an otherwise harmless cross, and then a superb finish by Ba.

Even if you wanted to judge our pressing game purely on the chances they created, without even thinking about whether our pressing was to blame for them having those chances, they only had about 3 all game! For an away game against a team with Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Cisse and Ba that's excellent.

I'm taking a more relaxed approach. Let the squad settle and get used to the system. It's not worth getting so stressed out, not like we're going to win the league anyway.

Me too. I'm sick of the stress, anger and negativity that comes with fighting for a Champions League spot. This season I'm expecting us to finish 5th or lower, and I'm going to just try and enjoy watching us play - getting behind the players and manager, watching some of the youngsters develop, and taking an interest in how we look different under Villas-Boas.

Apart from when we play Chelsea or Emirates Marketing Project, in which case I want us to destroy the ****s.

48% possession actually. You're the first person to say the pressing didn't work. In fact it's been highly complimented, with the general consensus being we were unfortunate not be undone by a couple of pieces of individual quality.

Indeed, i was at the game and the pressing was working well. We were the better team and lost because of two mistakes by Walker and VDV.

As for Hudd he will be playing for Fulham or a team at a similar level by the end of the season.

Indeed, i was at the game and the pressing was working well. We were the better team and lost because of two mistakes by Walker and VDV.

As for Hudd he will be playing for Fulham or a team at a similar level by the end of the season.

or Porto :-k

Vastly overated player imo.

Yeah I'm not in any particular camp as far as Thudd is concerned. I'd prefer him to Jenas so for that reason I'd like him to stay but dont see anything special. People seem to slate Dawson for his Hollywood balls but Thudd.......

Yeah I'm not in any particular camp as far as Thudd is concerned. I'd prefer him to Jeans so for that reason I'd like him to stay but don't see anything special. People seem to slate Dawson for his Hollywood balls but Thudd.......

At least with Dawson we know he will run his heart out for the club, with Hud i always get the feeling he thinks he is better then he is. Nearly 200 games for us and we still talk about his potential.

Yeah I'm not in any particular camp as far as Thudd is concerned. I'd prefer him to Jenas so for that reason I'd like him to stay but dont see anything special. People seem to slate Dawson for his Hollywood balls but Thudd.......

Success percentages probably play a huge part.

Back