• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

Andy Gray has just had a pop at Tommy on Twitter for him supporting Federer in the tennis! stupid irrelevant drunk

‏@TSKeysandGray
@TomHuddlestone6 do one Tom. If u achieve a fraction of what Andy Murray has u will b a lucky man. Some how I doubt u will.

Andy Gray has just had a pop at Tommy on Twitter for him supporting Federer in the tennis! stupid irrelevant drunk

‏@TSKeysandGray
@TomHuddlestone6 do one Tom. If u achieve a fraction of what Andy Murray has u will b a lucky man. Some how I doubt u will.

Is that genuine? Why people post such things publicly I do not know. There was a lot of support for RF admiteddly, perhaps if he wasn't a Scot - it might have been different? Has Hudds ever been on the winning end at Wimbledon? If so, a ready made response :D

Is that genuine? Why people post such things publically I do not know. There was a lot of support for RF admiteddly, perhaps if he wasn't a Scot - it might have been different? Has Hudds ever been on the winning end at Wimbledon? If so, a ready made response :D

Murray doesn't support England, So English people don't support Murray.

Makes perfect sense to me. They've only decided he's british because they want him to be included. Tim Henman wasn't stated as being 'British' He was always referred to as English (excluding the Davis cup where there is actually a british team).

It's just the media being extremely fickle.

I know this is going to sound old fashioned but the thing I like about Huddlestone is that he will not be bullied, he can be nasty and put his foot in when things are not going our way, he is also a goal threat especially when the ball breaks on the edge of the opponents area, he has carried the ankle injury for quite a while and before it finally got the better of him he was playing really well, will he come back the same ? who knows but if he does he will get games and be like a new signing, also if AVB does play a high line the game will compress in the middle of the park and this will suit Tom big time.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/25/tottenham-hotspur-tom-huddlestone-injury

Tottenham Hotspur's Tom Huddlestone puts ankle injury behind him

It has been a high profile pre-season already for the Tottenham Hotspur central midfield department. If it is not Luka Modric's desire to leave for Real Madrid, and the associated strops and hardline negotiations, it is the club's pursuit of Porto's João Moutinho, despite the sky-high asking price, or Scott Parker's achilles injury, which is worrying and stands to rule him out of the season's early running. Sandro is seeking Olympic gold with Brazil while the new signing Gylfi Sigurdsson has generated excitement.

One man, though, has slipped under the radar which, given his imposing physique, is no mean feat. Tom Huddlestone, remember him? The 25-year-old with the sumptuous range of passing did not kick a ball after 28 August last season. He had been tipped off that Fabio Capello was ready to include him in the England squad for the Euro 2012 qualifiers last September against Bulgaria and Wales but his career was placed on hold when he found that his ankle could no longer take the strain.

It had not felt right in pre-season and, as he had done in November 2010, he was forced to undergo surgery. In 2010-11, he made it back, briefly, after five months on the sidelines but, last season, there would be no light at the end of a long and dark tunnel. In mid-February, he needed another operation, as he sought, once and for all, to get to the root of a ligament issue that dated to his Derby County days.

Huddlestone said little in public during the arduous months of rehabilitation, preferring to keep his head down and do his work yet, at last, he has found reason to be cheerful. The ankle will always have to be managed but it has felt good during the club's tour of the United States, where Huddlestone made a 74th-minute substitute's appearance in Tuesday's 1-1 draw against Los Angeles Galaxy. He had looked rusty the previous Wednesday, at Stevenage Borough, but against Galaxy he felt happier with his game. His biggest thrill, though, is simply to be back.

"Last season was so frustrating," Huddlestone said. "I made four appearances at the start but then I picked up the ankle problem which persisted for months. It was particularly hard when I was two or three weeks away from returning and then I discovered I needed another operation that ruled me out for the season.

"That was a big setback but once I knew I would not play again, I could concentrate solely on getting ready for this pre-season. I've had no problems with the ankle since. It'll be something I'll always have, I just have to learn how to manage it. I'll have to take it day by day, but I don't think it will be a case of missing matches because the games are far enough apart."

Huddlestone has been missed, particularly by the winger Aaron Lennon and, also, the full-back Kyle Walker. Both players like to get in behind opposition defences and receive the ball quickly; Huddlestone's speciality is the precision long pass.

"Watching Tom in training brings back memories of what he can do," Walker said. "His range of passing is unbelievable and he's someone I'd like to work with because it can only benefit me if he misses out a couple of men and I can get on the ball."

It is easy to see why Huddlestone might be optimistic ahead of the start of the season, which Tottenham kick off at Saudi Sportswashing Machine on 18 August. Modric does not want to stay, Moutinho could prove too expensive and, with Parker injured, Huddlestone looks a decent bet to occupy one of the midfield berths in the new manager André Villas-Boas' 4-3-3 formation.

Villas-Boas, with his emphasis on ball work in training, already feels like Huddlestone's kind of manager and he has become the latest Tottenham player to speak warmly of the Portuguese. "The manager has stamped his authority on the squad," Huddlestone said. "He's very organised and professional and the lads have taken to his ideas well.

"Everybody's new to him and it's a fresh start for everyone. Players who were maybe in the shadows before have now got a clean slate and, to a certain extent, I am one of those players, having missed so much of last season."

If Huddlestone can stay fit, he intends to take centre stage. "Regardless of whether Luka stays or goes, I want to be in the starting XI," he said. "Whenever I've been fully fit at Tottenham, I've been in the team and I want that to continue. Luka's a fantastic player and I don't really know what his situation is. But I am fully confident in my own ability to play in the team with him or without him."

Yep, welcome back Thudd. He was outstanding that season we qualified for the CL and provided he stays clear of injuries there's no reason he cannot push on to an even higher level, maybe chip in with a few more goals.

A fit and feisty Thudd could be our biggest 'signing' of the summer :D

Hudd vs LA

[video=youtube;WTb5PHkXKus]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTb5PHkXKus&list=UUk0KcNViGN6jVpyQSYv1PNw&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

Great to have you back, Tommy. What a player.

Huddlestone is my currently my favourite player at Spurs.. His composure on the ball and his passing with both feet are majectic

nice to see some love for Tom.

seriously classy player, almost unmatched ability with the ball at his feet at times.

i honestly think his 'lack of mobility' is overplayed. just because he's massive doesn't mean he doesn't have quick feet, and honestly - which players really have it all?

so he's not mega-quick. i think he more than makes up for that with his contribution and his vision.

to me, a lot of the criticisms of him kinda have a ring of having a go at someone like Lineker, for example, for not scoring much from outside the box. we should concentrate on what he does, not what he doesn't.

nice to see some love for Tom.

seriously classy player, almost unmatched ability with the ball at his feet at times.

i honestly think his 'lack of mobility' is overplayed. just because he's massive doesn't mean he doesn't have quick feet, and honestly - which players really have it all?

so he's not mega-quick. i think he more than makes up for that with his contribution and his vision.

to me, a lot of the criticisms of him kinda have a ring of having a go at someone like Lineker, for example, for not scoring much from outside the box. we should concentrate on what he does, not what he doesn't.

Think it's more like the criticism for Modric's lack of scoring.

It's the thing they are lacking to become World beaters. Not to say they aren't very good players..

Think it's more like the criticism for Modric's lack of scoring.

It's the thing they are lacking to become World beaters. Not to say they aren't very good players..

i take your point, although Modric has got scoring technique in there somewhere, whereas Hudd will never be quick.

i think that players don't all necessarily have to be top athletes (not that Tom's not fit), talent is more important - i'd always take a player like Le Tissier or Hoddle over some muscle-bound speed merchant.

Huddlestone picture

I'm trying to find a picture of Huddlestone. I can't remember who the opp were, but he had the ball and there were two men around him, who both came up to about his elbows. It was just a trick of the camera, they weren't that small in real life but the angle and the way they were crouching made him look absolutely massive. Does anyone know which photo I mean, and can anyone locate a copy of it?

huddlestone_presents_certificates-300.jpg

:-"

Back