• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

Ah well, people are allowed to be wrong ;)

Posted this in another thread as well, but I really want to see Hudd in the role/position Romeu had for Chelsea under AVB last season. Similar to Busquet's role for Barca. I know most people want Sandro or Parker there, and for some games that might be needed, but against a lot of teams, especially defensive sides having Hudd in there spraying passes and controlling our play would be very good for us I think.

Definitely, would love to see Hudd as a deep lying playmaker in a 3man midfield. He might even last the whole season seeing as he wont have to cover as much distance for the team. It'll probably take 3 or so games for him to get his grove back i can definitely see him making that role his for the season to come. Livermore actually wouldn't be a bad shout for his cover during cup games and europa league.

Massive loss to us last season, will be like signing a new player this season. As this thread proves, he's one of the most underrated players at the club.

Of course we missed him last season. We ended up playing Sandro and Parker in the same midfield at some points.

People who would argue we did not miss him are probably people who cannot remember how critical he was during the season we finished 4th. As I always say, best passer at the club bar none

Or they just disagree with your opinion. Doesn't make anyone right or wrong. Best passer? He's up there with rat face and VDV.

Im in the camp we did. He sprays passes about and does link up well with Lennon especially. Its even more evident when we play the likes of Sunderland, we did miss Thudd last season as some of those games where we dominated but didnt really get into amazing positions was because we lacked that killer ball - Thudd provides that

If only that were true - gets about 1 assists a season,he most certainly does not provide the killer ball.

We got more points, without him last season and picked up when he was out injured the season before. It will cost us if he returns to the team, but I don't think he will.

ill say it again as I have said so many time, he is not a top 4 club player. Mid table, would do well at Sunderland or Fulham. If he is so good then why haven't Utd, City, Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea put one single bid in for him.

would slow our game down so much. Hollywood passer, wow great pass Hudd you hit a 40 yard pass sideways. well done

ill say it again as I have said so many time, he is not a top 4 club player. Mid table, would do well at Sunderland or Fulham. If he is so good then why haven't Utd, City, Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea put one single bid in for him.

would slow our game down so much. Hollywood passer, wow great pass Hudd you hit a 40 yard pass sideways. well done

Sorry but but but but but but but

Are you one of those people that expects every player in our squad to be of a world class standard? That is not feasible and you cant maintain that type of squad.

Our squad needs to have back up players capable of filling in and Thudd can certainly do that - after all he played a major major role in getting us top four.

So I certainly dont agree with the whole 'he is not a top 4 club player'.

In summary - we need a squad which consists of a solid 16 players with the rest being capable of filling in and Thudd can be in either camp.

He will - at the very least - be perfect for our Europa League games though as the pace of European games is much slower...

If only that were true - gets about 1 assists a season,he most certainly does not provide the killer ball.

We got more points, without him last season and picked up when he was out injured the season before. It will cost us if he returns to the team, but I don't think he will.

Let me put it another way - when I say killer ball I mean he provides the ball that leads to a goal i.e. a ball to Lennon a ball to Bale etc. He may not assist that many but I bet he has provided the assist before the assists (haha).

I dont think he should be in the first 11 but he is far more than useful to have in our squad. People complained about not having rotation last season and thats because players like Thudd were inured. He would be useful for EL, Carling Cup, FA Cup and other games in the league.

Last edited:
Sorry but but but but but but but

Are you one of those people that expects every player in our squad to be of a world class standard? That is not feasible and you cant maintain that type of squad.

Our squad needs to have back up players capable of filling in and Thudd can certainly do that - after all he played a major major role in getting us top four.

So I certainly dont agree with the whole 'he is not a top 4 club player'.

In summary - we need a squad which consists of a solid 16 players with the rest being capable of filling in and Thudd can be in either camp.

yes. To win the league this is a must ,just look at city.

2 world class players for each position

33 league games in the 09/10 season when we got 4th would indicate that maybe he is at least close to being good enough for a top 4 team.

He has his limitations, sure. What it comes down to is how he will fit into the style AVB wants to play, I'm yet to see anyone make any kind of convincing argument as to why he wouldn't fit into that deep midfield role in many games.

Just hope he can stay fit.

33 league games in the 09/10 season when we got 4th would indicate that maybe he is at least close to being good enough for a top 4 team.

He has his limitations, sure. What it comes down to is how he will fit into the style AVB wants to play, I'm yet to see anyone make any kind of convincing argument as to why he wouldn't fit into that deep midfield role in many games.

Just hope he can stay fit.

spot on.

oh dear. you dont concentrate when watching spurs do you?

Forgot one thing. In his 09/10 season he was 23/24 at the time, central midfielders generally are among the slowest to mature so that was actually pretty young for a regularly starting central midfielder (imo). If my memory serves me right I think Carrick was around 23 when we first signed him, Tom Cleverley who most Manu fans think will be good enough for them turns 23 this year and has little more than a handful of full games at a top club.

Back