• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
:)
The funny thing is that you're suggesting I always loved him!!!! Cast your mind back to Jan last season when I tried in vain to say he had bottled a big money signing, cast your mind back to this summer when I was critical of his behaviour during the Modric saga and cast your mind back to Feb when i expressed enormous bewilderment at his team selection for the death star...I've always been alive to his faults, and in fairness to myself, I have repeatedly, without fail, said that Harry thinks about Harry...where I will admit to being overwhelmed with surprise is how huge those faults have proven to be.

hmm , you are right..yet another bad assumption i made. you're always the guy that promotes solidarity and good will...just assumed that was your take on harry too

sorry about steff. i aplogise.......

i find myself apologising alot lately. think i might need some time out of this place to find my true self or want to be be self during this difficult period LOL

Really- all i have learned from this thread is Leeds Spur is a die hard tory who likes quoting left wing economists and some now believe Harry just wants to get sacked. Mmm...

Now we have a game this sunday against blackburn - a game if we win convincingly should give us the confidence to see us over the line in 4th at least. Im sure Harry does not want to get sacked with less than a handful of games left and i am sure Levy will not pull any triggger.

Really- all i have learned from this thread is Leeds Spur is a die hard tory who likes quoting left wing economists and some now believe Harry just wants to get sacked. Mmm...

Now we have a game this sunday against blackburn - a game if we win convincingly should give us the confidence to see us over the line in 4th at least. Im sure Harry does not want to get sacked with less than a handful of games left and i am sure Levy will not pull any triggger.

What can I say, i'm well read.

I'm praying for a win on Sunday as i'm going to the game!

And i'm praying for top 4, although i'm somewhat apathetic about it now as even if we do get 4th Chelsea will win the champs league and deny us!

And i'm not a die hard Tory, (my sig is meant to be ironic) I've voted Labour and Lib Dem in the past, (not that that has fudge all to do with anything)

He kept trying to go back to it. Ironically I think things work in cycles and the 3-5-2 is the perfect formation to smash 4-5-1. I also think it's the formation we should have played with Lennon out. That way we could play VDV alongside Modric and Parker in midfield AND still have two strikers. Bale and Walker are fast and hard working enough to be wing backs. When Martinez's 3-4-3 when I was one of the least surprised people around. 3 at the back makes perfect sense against a lone striker.

As for Hoddle? I thought he was a bit unlucky. Partly down to Pleat and partly down to the kids that were meant to take over from the oldies simply weren't good enough. I got brick at the time for saying I didn't rate Davies, Etherington or Gardner that highly and that was one time I was genuinely disappointed to be proved right. We also just missed out on Parker. Had he been in that 2003/04 side I think things may have turned out so much differently.

Why do you think 3-5-2 is perfect against lone strikers? It seems a waste to me to have 3 centre-backs marking 1 striker (I presume the 2 wing-backs would be responsible for opposing wide-midfielders... and if they're not, 3-on-3 would be extremely risky defensively.

I do really like Wigan's system. I think it relies on incredible work-rate and stamina from Boyce and Beausejour though! I think the benefit of their back three / five is that the centre-backs have the freedom to step up and close down anyone playing in the hole. That space is so important in today's game, and it must be easier for a third centre-back to mark players there than a central-midfielder to do so as the hole is in front of them rather than behind them - it's easier for them to see what's going on.

Reading this thread over is remarkable.

I think it's well worth taking stock of a few things.

Much has been made of how "unlucky" we've been, indeed, I have been one of the people harping on about how refs have fudged us over and cost us as much as 9 points with their bricky "offside" goal decisions and the double sending off which wasn't at Eastlands.

But let's also look at how much we HAD in our control (incidentally, I'd like to point out that for the first time in many months, 4th place is NOT in our own hands, we need a favor somewhere)...

We beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine 5-0 the week before the derby. Nobody bothered to pay close attention to a few key facts;
1) Saudi Sportswashing Machine were without Tiote and Cabaye, massive players for them.
2) They came and played 4-4-2
3) We still contrived to miss at least three sitters.
Pardew came out, held his hands in the air, said he fudged up and that the club would learn.

We went to the death star the following weekend for a match which should've ended Arsenal's season whilst cementing the confidence in ours. The concept was simple; play round pegs in round holes, do what we'd done away all season and play 4-5-1/be patient i.e. this is NOT new cash at home with a manager who's made a tactical blunder. Instead, Redknapp leaves Lennon and VdV on the bench and sticks with the Newcash side. I'm all for keeping faith but I'm also for showing a bit of brains. Having found ourselves in a 2-0 lead, but with the game passing us by, Redknapp doesn't make the tactical shift. We concede a goal, he still doesn't. We concede a second and go in 2-2 at HT, he brings us out second-half 4-3-3 when Helen fudging Keller could see and sense that 4-5-1, patience and some fudging BALLS would've likely seen us still go on to win the game. Even at 5-2 down, he leaves Parker on when the boy was on a yellow KNOWING we have Man U the following week. Kaboom. Red card. Genius. Post-match, he tells us that he basically saw it owing even when we were 2-0 up; why, pray tell, did he not fudging DO anything then?

His "friends" act with Fergie the next weekend made me laugh; does anyone here genuinely think he fired the side up for the match properly? Not me. Sorry. And since then, we've had to suffer a string of matches where players have been played out of position and the manager feigns increasing indifference. His squad rotation has been fudging useless, and as for his transfer targets and acquisitions, don't get me started.

You know what though? I would probably forgive him all of it if the bloke would just once, ONCE, admit that he fudged up and got stuff wrong. Just once. But instead it is always about something else and never about Harry. No culpability, no interest in holding his hands up. I'll go a step further...when Man U or Arsenal or even Mourinho Chelski got ONE poor decision in a game, they're up and at 'em in the press and in some cases will take a 3-match touchline ban simply to make a dual point; that if refs fudge with their club they'll hear about it, and to also let the squad know that he's prepared to take one on the chin for the lads. Now, call me bizarre but I just don't see Harry doing that. Ever.

I'll stop now as I'm getting fired up...

hmm , you are right..yet another bad assumption i made. you're always the guy that promotes solidarity and good will...just assumed that was your take on harry too

sorry about steff. i aplogise.......

i find myself apologising alot lately. think i might need some time out of this place to find my true self or want to be be self during this difficult period LOL

Mate, it's all good and christ, i wish I had been a blind supporter of his...I HAVE tried to ditch my queasy feelings a few times with an 'up and at 'em' rally thread, but it's been inspite of Harry not because of him mate...

Don't take time out of here mate, we're all a bit wonky (as in wobbly NOT the formation!!!!!!!) and you're always a great read...

Well - wow im learning more !

Leeds Spur - to you it may have f all to with anything but when i find a "well read" individual on here my inquisitiveness takes over and yes i missed the ironic nature of your signature. Im new to this board in terms of posting but i'm sure ill learn and soon see the very funny side of your tory utopia.

Im not really endorsing redknapp here one way or the other. For me, he has been naive of tactics throughout his career. No plan B, run about a lot, your lucky to have me - that kind of thing.

One thing i know is he did bring with him a skill - motivation - a skill that has actually brought us ups and downs yes - but success in terms of the team/clubs progression. THFC Steff i can see your points and many are valid but calm down - we will be ok. Not only do i think 4th is in our reach i think 3rd is possible to. Football is form, confidence breeds form - beat blackburn and we are on the way again. P.S I would also wager Bayern will beat chelsea and 4th will be just fine.

Hoddle in? 3-5-2 is perfect for us?

It's like the glory days of Glory Glory all over again.

If we played three at the back now with the players we have fit it would be Gallas,King,Nelsen, a supply of zimmer frames would be needed I think

:lol::lol:

[h=3]HARRY REDKNAPP insists Spurs will hang on to their stars if they fail to make the Champions League.[/h]
Redknapp’s side have slipped to fifth after just ONE win in their last nine Premier League games.

Tottenham knocked back bids from Chelsea for Luka Modric last summer while Gareth Bale has been linked with Barcelona.
But Redknapp, hot favourite to land the England manager’s job, said: “They’re at a great club. There’s no reason they should want to leave.

“When they came to the club, Tottenham were nowhere near getting in the Champions League.

“If we don’t make it this year we’ll try again next year.

“There’s not too many clubs they could go to better than Tottenham.

“They have both signed long-term contracts.

“Gareth’s had a fantastic time for a young player at Tottenham. He needs to stay a few more years yet and keep developing.

“We’ve progressed so much in the last four years, we’ve got to keep that going and push on even more in the table and look to win a Premier League. It’s not impossible.”

Even fourth place will not be enough to clinch a Champions League place next season if Chelsea win the competition after their stunning semi-final win over Barcelona.

Redknapp said: “It’s an unbelievable achievement.

“Now we’ve got to make sure we’re in a position to qualify. Arsenal, Chelsea, ourselves, Saudi Sportswashing Machine — it’s still any two from four.”

Maybe the players need to fudgein man up and actually perform on the pitch rather than act like the spoilt fudgein ****s that they are.

They play for THFC and not the fudgein Manager. Absolute ****s. Revolt at the end of the season not now.

Well - wow im learning more !

Leeds Spur - to you it may have f all to with anything but when i find a "well read" individual on here my inquisitiveness takes over and yes i missed the ironic nature of your signature. Im new to this board in terms of posting but i'm sure ill learn and soon see the very funny side of your tory utopia.

Im not really endorsing redknapp here one way or the other. For me, he has been naive of tactics throughout his career. No plan B, run about a lot, your lucky to have me - that kind of thing.

One thing i know is he did bring with him a skill - motivation - a skill that has actually brought us ups and downs yes - but success in terms of the team/clubs progression. THFC Steff i can see your points and many are valid but calm down - we will be ok. Not only do i think 4th is in our reach i think 3rd is possible to. Football is form, confidence breeds form - beat blackburn and we are on the way again. P.S I would also wager Bayern will beat chelsea and 4th will be just fine.

I bloody well hope so!

[h=3]HARRY REDKNAPP insists Spurs will hang on to their stars if they fail to make the Champions League.[/h]
Redknapp’s side have slipped to fifth after just ONE win in their last nine Premier League games.

Tottenham knocked back bids from Chelsea for Luka Modric last summer while Gareth Bale has been linked with Barcelona.
But Redknapp, hot favourite to land the England manager’s job, said: “They’re at a great club. There’s no reason they should want to leave.

“When they came to the club, Tottenham were nowhere near getting in the Champions League.

“Gareth’s had a fantastic time for a young player at Tottenham. He needs to stay a few more years yet and keep developing.

“We’ve progressed so much in the last four years, we’ve got to keep that going and push on even more in the table and look to win a Premier League. It’s not impossible.”

Even fourth place will not be enough to clinch a Champions League place next season if Chelsea win the competition after their stunning semi-final win over Barcelona.

“Now we’ve got to make sure we’re in a position to qualify. Arsenal, Chelsea, ourselves, Saudi Sportswashing Machine — it’s still any two from four.”

What's that? Giving credit to the players? Saying the club can win a title?

How dare he only ever give credit to himself and belittle the club by saying we deserve to be mid-table!!

Why elaborate and patronise the players?

Just tell the press to STFU....and point them towards what happened last summer when we weren't in the champs league, i.e. no players left that we didn't want to.

Maybe the players need to fudgein man up and actually perform on the pitch rather than act like the spoilt fudgein ****s that they are.

They play for THFC and not the fudgein Manager. Absolute ****s. Revolt at the end of the season not now.

If the players feel that management aren't doing enough to prepare them for games that's a problem not only for them, but for the club and the fans. It's a problem that they would be right to raise, not wait until the end of the season to raise.

If true this isn't just some players not getting along with each other or the manager, nor is it players being upset at not getting enough time on the pitch. If true, these are valid concerns the players are right to raise.

Why do you think 3-5-2 is perfect against lone strikers? It seems a waste to me to have 3 centre-backs marking 1 striker (I presume the 2 wing-backs would be responsible for opposing wide-midfielders... and if they're not, 3-on-3 would be extremely risky defensively.

I do really like Wigan's system. I think it relies on incredible work-rate and stamina from Boyce and Beausejour though! I think the benefit of their back three / five is that the centre-backs have the freedom to step up and close down anyone playing in the hole. That space is so important in today's game, and it must be easier for a third centre-back to mark players there than a central-midfielder to do so as the hole is in front of them rather than behind them - it's easier for them to see what's going on.

I remember this board when we lost 3-0 at home to Fulham with Barry Hayles running rampant. Everyone was ragging on Hoddle saying 'anyone would know that playing 3 centre backs against a lone striker is absolutely wrong'.

Why elaborate and patronise the players?

Just tell the press to STFU....and point them towards what happened last summer when we weren't in the champs league, i.e. no players left that we didn't want to.

You seriously finding fault with what he has said there?

You seem like an intelligent guy...but how can you do that? He has literally said nothing wrong. He has even tackled the two things people were moaning about him saying all week, that we deserve to be mid-table and that it's 'all about Harry'.

Back