• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Would you care to break down how poor our performances were in the first half of the season, when luck and injuries were on our side and we were getting results?

I'm just curious.

We didn't deserve to lose to Man United or Everton at all. Granted we didn't cut Everton apart but it isn't easy to do when they show no ambition to leave their 18 yard box. Against Stoke it wasn't a 'bad' performance. It wasn't as fluid as some of the performances earlier in the season, but again it was another team that decided to sit back and show literally zero ambition to come out of their 18 yard box. Against Chelsea we absolutely deserved to win that game, our finishing was diabolical. Sunderland, again another team showing zero ambition. Norwich, granted, terrible, nervy, awful performance. We actually were able to open them up more than the 'bad' performances against Stoke, Sunderland and Everton and created chances but they also created enough against us that we deserved to lose. Terrible. QPR was just another team showing no ambition against us.

I don't agree to any of those points, which makes me conclude that we watch the same games of football incompatibly and that we hold different expectations.

In particular I am lost for words regarding the appearent revisionism about games, which are appearently perfectly OK to lose, as long as the opposition is overly defensive.

I sincerely hope the attitude within the club is like that.

I don't agree to any of those points, which makes me conclude that we watch the same games of football incompatibly and that we hold different expectations.

In particular I am lost for words regarding the appearent revisionism about games, which are appearently perfectly OK to lose, as long as the opposition is overly defensive.

It's not ok to lose them, but it's also not realistic to think we will be cutting this sides apart at will, when the very best teams in the world have also shown it will be a struggle if a side shows zero ambition against you. We aren't above that.

If the players feel that management aren't doing enough to prepare them for games that's a problem not only for them, but for the club and the fans. It's a problem that they would be right to raise, not wait until the end of the season to raise.

If true this isn't just some players not getting along with each other or the manager, nor is it players being upset at not getting enough time on the pitch. If true, these are valid concerns the players are right to raise.

Nah I bet everything is exactly the same as before. The one thing that has changed is that the players mentality. Its amateurish. There is no fudgein character.

People complained about Chelscum going through against Barca but what was admirable was their character. I havent seen anything like it.

Our players on the other hand lack nothing. They should be composed, they should be going out there wanting to win. Instead theyre going out there and cant be bothered. Harry I bet has changed nothing - I mean why tamper with something that worked so well previously. Maybe that is one bad point about Harry that he does like to stick with the tried and tested and isnt 'innovative' but I think the players mentality has been affected by the fact that they though tthey were gonna strioll to third.

It's not ok to lose them, but it's also not realistic to think we will be cutting this sides apart at will, when the very best teams in the world have also shown it will be a struggle if a side shows zero ambition against you. We aren't above that.

It's not ok ? Well, why do we keep saying that we played "ok" because the opposition "had no ambitions" or whatever ?

I makes no sense, in fact it's contradictory. Is it or is it nok ok to look clueless, because the opposition is defensive ?

I'm with you on this one

We got exactly what we deserved out of those games - fudge all. The fact Redknapp still maintains our only bad performance was Norwich when in fact we've been utter pants since the clog-out at Anfield (bar Swansea) is beyond bizzare

You seriously finding fault with what he has said there?

You seem like an intelligent guy...but how can you do that? He has literally said nothing wrong. He has even tackled the two things people were moaning about him saying all week, that we deserve to be mid-table and that it's 'all about Harry'.

I said what I would have said.

Giving it airtime gives it traction IMO.

And what he said about Bale was patronising IMO.

He didn't say anything offensive! I just disagree with the strategy.

I'm with you on this one

We got exactly what we deserved out of those games - fudge all. The fact Redknapp still maintains our only bad performance was Norwich when in fact we've been utter pants since the clog-out at Anfield (bar Swansea) is beyond bizzare

I am amused that people associate me with being a turncoat or Harry hater or whatever.

I said as early as december, that our performances were in regression and that opposition teams were increasingly getting to us.

I was told to STFU because we were still winning quite often. And now we're are losing and my fears unfolded, I am given abuse again ? Laughable.

After the debacle of QPR and feeling less knee jerky, I'm happy for Harry to see out the rest of the season and support him and the team in what is, to be fair, a decent chance of finishing in a Champions League spot, a position he got us in.

I would still be looking for us to replace manager though regardless of what we achieve.

Its the worst collapse I have seen in 47 years of following Spurs, its magnitude amplified by the standard of the men and resources available, and that married to doing so well for virtually all of the season up to February.

The worst? I am not so sure about that. What about 81/82? 5 wins in 17 matches during the title run in when we were in with a shout. 96/96 was pretty bad too. I remember before Xmas we were sitting in 2nd place. We had a poor Xmas (other than dingdonging Utd on New Year's day!) and from the end of March completely imploded.

The worst league collapse I've seen was the 1990/91 season. Last 24 games of the season we won just THREE times in the league! And we still finished 11th :lol:

After the debacle of QPR and feeling less knee jerky, I'm happy for Harry to see out the rest of the season and support him and the team in what is, to be fair, a decent chance of finishing in a Champions League spot, a position he got us in.

I would still be looking for us to replace manager though regardless of what we achieve.

I have to admit, I just don't see that logic personally. I just hope that Harry's replacement is given a lot of time and not judged on what Harry has achieved. There is every chance we will drop down the table a bit when a new Manager comes in, at least for a couple of seasons.

in 81/82 did we not have to play a ridiculous amount of matches in the last month if the season because of bad weather over xmas, it was a game every 3 days or something stupid

I have to admit, I just don't see that logic personally. I just hope that Harry's replacement is given a lot of time and not judged on what Harry has achieved. There is every chance we will drop down the table a bit when a new Manager comes in, at least for a couple of seasons.

I need TP for my bunghole, doesnt other me at all....the squad needs reshaping and new players will take time to bed in

if its time for a new man (and i think it is) then we should do it as soon as possible, the longer the new guy gets before the start of next season the better

Off course we can judge a new manager from what Redknapp achieved.

We do are allowed to have ambitions of fourth and if not, then ambitions about wholehearted and progressive attempts at getting 4th. So is the chairman.

If people think we should be happy forevermore with 10th-5th, then say so now. Go on and be honest.

The worst? I am not so sure about that. What about 81/82? 5 wins in 17 matches during the title run in when we were in with a shout. 96/96 was pretty bad too. I remember before Xmas we were sitting in 2nd place. We had a poor Xmas (other than dingdonging Utd on New Year's day!) and from the end of March completely imploded.

The worst league collapse I've seen was the 1990/91 season. Last 24 games of the season we won just THREE times in the league! And we still finished 11th :lol:

Statistically 1 in 9 is pretty bad, especially considering the squad and ressources we had before Christmas. And the fact, that promoted teams make us look clueless.

These performances are as bad as under Pleat, and with much, much better players.

We do are allowed to have ambitions of fourth and if not, then ambitions about wholehearted and progressive attempts at getting 4th. So is the chairman.

If people think we should be happy forevermore with 10th-5th, then say so now. Go on and be honest.

I don't think it quite as simple as that.

Things change -

would I have been happy with 4th at start of season? Yes.
Would I be happy with 4th given how pish poor Chelsea & Liverpool have been? No.
Should we have taken advantage of Chelsea, Liverpool & even Arsenal being below standard in January and really pushed on for 3rd? Absolutely.

We shouldn't be settling for any ceiling as external factors change too much (sugar daddy for City for example, Mike Ashley learning to stay well out of things) but we have to have a manager (and higher club structure) that can respond and build on any opportunity that does arise - something we have singularly failed to do for the last 3 seasons (in fact for much longer but the last 3 seasons re CL and establishing ourselves is very obvious).

With the quality of players that we have and our last few seasons performance I would be very disappointed to finish below sixth even with a new manager, we are two maybe three players off being a genuine top four side, I can just imagine Levy saying to the new man " welcome theres ?ú50m to spend, no pressure at all tenth will do" I dont think so somehow.

Since being 0-2 up against Arse, this is what's happened in the League:

> Undeserved loss v. Manyoo
> Battling loss against a good Everton team away
> A draw against a fortunate Stoke after the difficult Muamba week
> Very good draw against CL finalists away. Should have won.
> A good win against Swansea
> A meh draw against Sunderland away
> A bad loss against Norwich
> A bad loss against QPR

There are only 2 unacceptably bad performances in those 8 games. There are 3 downright good performances. The other three - Sunderland, Stoke and Everton - are somewhere in between.

Those 8 games are what have turned feelings on this board from exultation to lynch-mob. The loss of perspective on this board is absolute at this point.

you and your reasonable perspective aren't wanted 'round 'ere. :barnet:

Back