• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
You're not wrong.

But that's not a 'Harry's tactical knowledge and ability as a manager' problem. That's a 'Harry works at a club with nowhere near the budget of the 3 clubs above us, or the Saudi Sportswashing Machine's, Chelsea's and Liverpool's below us' problem.

We have a 36,000 seater stadium. Our wage cap is about 70k a week. The fact that we are in the top 4 discussion at all while the likes of Villa, Sunderland and Liverpool (!) are no where near is a serious testament to his excellent football management. There's no reason we should actually be so far ahead of these other clubs. They have about as much money as us, but it's us who are there, fighting the Manchester clubs, fighting Arsenal, fighting oil rich Chelsea. Fighting Saudi Sportswashing Machine with their 56,000 seater stadium. Why are we there? Yes we have good players, but it's because they have either been signed under Harry or were developed and playing the best football of their careers under him. Bale didn't have to turn into a world class winger that will probably go to Barcelona. Assou-Ekotto didn't have to turn into one of the most reliable and classy left backs in the league. Ditto Kaboul at centre back. Walker didn't have to be good enough to be a serious consideration to be England's starting right back at Euro 2012. Modric didn't have to become a player capable of breaking the mould of the 'cut inside playmaker' and be capable of playing in the middle. Livermore didn't have to become a worthy squad member of a side challenging for 3rd place. Hell, a couple of years ago Huddlestone didn't have to become a midfielder capable of pulling the strings in a side chasing the Champions League, beating Arsenal, Chelsea and City on route.

All of these players became who they were under Harry. Villa have had money. So have Sunderland. So have Liverpool. All of them have as much, or in Liverpool's case, far more than us. Why are we where we are at all? Why have players that could have easily fell by the wayside, or gone on to play for teams in mid-table, fulfilling their potential and helping us fight the biggest, richest clubs in the league? It's canny management, and we are lucky to have him.

But that's not in line with the noises we've made previously about 30m bids in Spain, etc. Even Arry's said the chairman would be willing to spend for the right man/men.

There are good strikers out there who we can afford and wouldn't send us into liquidation. Llorente is one those, so is Remy, etc. Look even at Cisse - a mediocre signing (fee-wise) from a mediocre club. For me management has to shield some of the blame for that - no two ways about it.

Opting for semi-retired crocks while Everton took a punt on a striker from the SPL who's been scoring virtually a goal / a game is very frustrating, considering we essentially freed their wage structure for that in many ways.

He really doesnt help himself sometimes does he?

“I think people forget where Tottenham should be at times. They’ve got two Carling Cup wins since 1991, and the average finishing position – up until about four or five years ago - is probably about 10th. You can get carried away with where you should be and who you are really.”

Great motivational words from the future England Manager

http://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/sport...s_fa_cup_semi_final_against_chelsea_1_1348334

What an utter clown - clearly preparing his parachute before the crash, how very noble.

You've got top players most of who would start for any top team in the PL, history means fudge all!

“I think people forget where Tottenham should be at times. They’ve got two Carling Cup wins since 1991, and the average finishing position – up until about four or five years ago - is probably about 10th. You can get carried away with where you should be and who you are really.”

http://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/sport...s_fa_cup_semi_final_against_chelsea_1_1348334

so what about us being title contenders then eh Harry..... nice one

Not to mention those bullshtit interviews about the title just few months back

What a fcuking joke!

Levy - do the sensible thing, please

Embarassment!!!!!

But that's not in line with the noises we've made previously about 30m bids in Spain, etc. Even Arry's said the chairman would be willing to spend for the right man/men.

There are good strikers out there who we can afford and wouldn't send us into liquidation. Llorente is one those, so is Remy, etc. Look even at Cisse - a mediocre signing (fee-wise) from a mediocre club. For me management has to shield some of the blame for that - no two ways about it.

Opting for semi-retired crocks while Everton took a punt on a striker from the SPL who's been scoring virtually a goal / a game is very frustrating, considering we essentially freed their wage structure for that in many ways.

I'm sure we can spend on the right player, but now the discussion has been taken away from Harry's ability to break teams down and seems to have been acknowledged that he doesn't have the players at the level of the clubs above us.

I think there's a lot that goes into a transfer. Especially a big one. It has to be the right move for the player and for the club. Everton had been tracking Jelavic since before he joined Rangers. Maybe we were aware of him but maybe he wanted to join Everton? Maybe Everton could guarentee him first team football right away with Euro 2012 coming up, where as we couldn't guarentee that he'd get in ahead of Ade or Rafa? We have been tracking Remy, but maybe he feels a mid season move with Euro 2012 coming up isn't the right one for him? I'm sure we are tracking players that we haven't even heard of too, and I'm sure we will spend when the right player is available.

But I'm absolutely positive that if the money was there lying around to sign a better striker than Saha, who was also willing to come, this January, we probably would have done so. I can't believe it was Harry's preferred option. And there aren't many better out there that would come, and be willing to rotate with Ade, who has done well for us. What we need is another winger that can allow us to keep balance with Lennon and Bale out. But maybe the ones that were a definite improvement on what we have, even as back up, weren't available, weren't willing to come at this time etc etc. I can't believe that if there was a quality right winger willing to join us that we wouldn't have gone for him, but it has to be right for the club and the player. We tried for Krasic for example but he decided against it. I think Hoilett would be a great signing this summer, as he'd be young enough that he knows Lennon and Bale are here and established, with enough potential that he can try to improve at least to Lennon's level, and yet good enough to come in and do a job when he can. But there's a lot of boxes to be ticked before any move happens.

Anyway I think my point remains. Harry is doing a pretty remarkable job given the constraints he is working under. I'm sure he would love better players, and if he had them, I'm sure we'd be at least in third right now.

He followed it up with
"'Our form is fantastic. We had a bad performance against Norwich, but other than that we played very well and just didn't get the results."

May as well get rid of him now. He's lost the plot in terms of actually managing the team, and with this attitude he's just telling the players it's ok to fail. I'd rather have a caretaker for the rest of the season who actually wants to win every game. Every ounce of credit he earned from 2 good years has evaporated in the space of 2 months, what a waste.

What an absolute knob. Starting to hate the bloke;he is full of brick

He has always had a big mouth the fudging medias dream, the thing that saddens me is that he does not have to say anything, yet he opens his gob on everything from the price of bread.

The ridiculous thing is (using his logic), we're gonna lose 4th place to a team with no cup wins since 1955, and an average finishing place of halfway down the second division.

ÔÇ£I think people forget where Tottenham should be at times. TheyÔÇÖve got two Carling Cup wins since 1991, and the average finishing position ÔÇô up until about four or five years ago - is probably about 10th. You can get carried away with where you should be and who you are really.ÔÇØ

oh dear

He seems to have no respect at all for the Spurs fans. Strange considering our club is the only one of stature to have ever employed him.

He needs to realise that we are ambitious and won't settle for finishing a bit higher than we did when we were brick and Alan Sugar grumbled about giving the manager a couple of quid to go and get a new striker.

Not doing himself any favours at all.

Basically we shouldn't be concerned with the terrible form because we're punching well above our weight. Really is an absurd thing to come out with. Surprised the droopy faced qunt didn't come out with the 2 from 8 line aswell.

Basically we shouldn't be concerned with the terrible form because we're punching well above our weight. Really is an absurd thing to come out with. Surprised the droopy faced qunt didn't come out with the 2 from 8 line aswell.

I think even he has the intelligence to realise that he's on dodgy ground there with our recent form.

Back