• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
I have to agree with Arc on this one. Lets look at the issues harry has not dealt with well:

Acquiring quality new players

Transfer windows - ins and outs

Dead Balls - corners and free-kicks

Game Tactics - Arse, Utd, City, Chelsea, Sunderland, Norwich etc etc

Team formations, selections and substitutions

End of season collapses

Fitness

These are all managerial/coaching aspects. Harry has failed us.

means f-all if we come 4th, qualify for the CL proper. i don't care about that lot down the road.

add a cup to that and we're all good.

heck, we could even finish 3rd yet...

Glad to see someone is keeping the faith. It's looking unlikely but if we win all our games it's possible. But they have to do what they did two seasons ago and really pull it out of the bag. We also need Stoke and Chelsea to do us a massive favour.....

I have to agree with Arc on this one. Lets look at the issues harry has not dealt with well:

End of season collapses

Fitness

I must admit, the collapse two seasons ago was unforgivable......

Glad to see someone is keeping the faith. It's looking unlikely but if we win all our games it's possible. But they have to do what they did two seasons ago and really pull it out of the bag. We also need Stoke and Chelsea to do us a massive favour.....

It's depressing isn't it, we absolutley bloody stormed 2/3 of the season only to be facing Totteringhams Day again. I swear I'll fudging chin the first person that says it to me.

If all the bad results were scattered amongst all the good results there would hardly be one thread regarding the manager.

I know it's all hypothetical and what has happened has happened but we would still be in the same position just maybe not in such bad form.

Anyway it's all ifs and buts!

If all the bad results were scattered amongst all the good results there would hardly be one thread regarding the manager.

I know it's all hypothetical and what has happened has happened but we would still be in the same position just maybe not in such bad form.

if your scenario happened, we would still be under-performing. Arsenal 5 points better off than us and in 3rd, us being joint 4th with Saudi Sportswashing Machine? Redknapp would still be receiving stick

I don't demand the title - simply feel heart-broken now that we've tinkled away our best season start in 150 years and the Arsebandits made up 15 points on us and will finish again above us.

I'm hurt and disappointed becase this time we had the ability and players to do it but we blew it instead. Like we always fudging go. Top 4 should be the abolsute minimum for this squad. Demanding that is not spoilt or childish - it would be very much realistic and in line with our season objectives from the Execs, etc.

PS. We didn't deserve to win any of the games you listed btw - outplayed proper and fair. Sad but true, mate.

Yes, they are likely to finish 3rd, and certainly above us, but they fudging should do. Their wage budget is at least double ours, they have had Champions league money for 15 years so can still outspend us in the transfer market should they wish to do so. Over the last twenty years they have been far more successful and will therefore remain a bigger attraction to most foreign players than we are. Added to which their squad is full of players who have been the distance before, time and again, and who are used to dealing with the pressure of having to get results. Yes, they have not won anything but they have several players who have been involved in championship challenging sides, so they know how to get the job done. We have some fantastic players, but with the exception of Gallas, none of our team have won titles before so there is a severe lack of a winning mentality.

If we don't finish in the top four this season, it will be a disaster, bearing in mind our seemingly unassailable lead, however in reality we must accept that we are way behind Emirates Marketing Project and Man Utd, and that the scum and Chelsea are much stronger than us in terms of mentality and finance, and it was always going to be a minor miracle if we managed to finish above one or both of them.

if your scenario happened, we would still be under-performing. Arsenal 5 points better off than us and in 3rd, us being joint 4th with Saudi Sportswashing Machine? Redknapp would still be receiving stick

He would be receiving far less though. There are always some people that will give the manager a bit of stick.

The amount of stick he is getting at the moment is due to the expectation that him doing well had generated, so he is somewhat a victim of his own success...

Because the last time we finished above Arsenal was when?

End of season collapses

Fitness

I think the fact that all thise issues are being discussed in 3 or 4 other threads is the reason this one was started.

All this stuff about what he did two years ago doesnt matter is bullsh#t. Its the reason peoples expectations are so high now. Its even funnier because some of those people are the happily banging the AVB drum.........while blissfully ignoring the present and lapping up what he did a couple of years ago #-o

Equally, he's lucky this run of bad form has happened at this point in the season. It's this kind of form happening at the start of the season that got the last manager sacked.

Equally, he's lucky this run of bad form has happened at this point in the season. It's this kind of form happening at the start of the season that got the last manager sacked.

I think Levy would have dropped kicked him if this followed the Utd and City early embarassement

I love the old 'history' card's that get played. I couldnt give a fudging toss (gotta be worth 10 pt infeaction surely ?) about what previous managers have done in relation to Harry, all I know right now is that Harry has been a major contributor of turning a 10pt lead in 3rd and arguably challenging, also a 13 pt lead over the scum into a -5pt deficate in a matter of weeks. Thats whats going on right now and its the present I prefer to live in.

The present as in the last two months and completely ignore what the side achieved between September and Christmas.

Is the first half of a season the past now?

I also noticed that some of the most irate posters on here regarding Harry, were also some of the most vocal in their laughter at the thought of us winning the title......and were quite dismissive that we would finish 3rd. Strange how its now all so unacceptable to be in 4th.

Back