• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Seems like a bit of a pointless argument to me, one of Harry's strengths is that he tends to play players in their natural positions.

Sundays team selection was only made because we were without both BAE and Rose.

Bale on the right and Modric on the left was bad and made worse by the poor balance of Sandro and Parker in the middle. I don't think that you can find anyone on here that would be in a rush to try it again but I hope that we can understand why it was tried.

This must be a joke surely? Bentley on the left, Bale on the right, Kranchie and Pienaar all over the place, VDV on right, Modric on left, Rose at left back, Keane on left of midfield etc etc etc. Need I go on

So all the players he signs go backwards in their development. This is a sign on of a really good manager! VDV and Pallacios started like world beaters. Look at them now.

What's wrong with Rafa? I believe he has something like 11-13 goals in all competitions and 6 or 7 assists. Not exactly Jenas Mk.II. I'm not Harry's biggest fan, but Rafa is a success story, I think.

Although we dilly-dally and fart-arse around with player signings during the off-season/windows, I get the feeling Levy would've already handed Harry his P45 by now if he had any intention of sacking him.

I've not seen any real hard evidence of Levy being unhappy with Harry or of any dissention, I would say he is on-the-whole, pleased with his performance. Harry may be an old-dog but I sense he is seeing where he has made mistakes. It's just a question of rectifying them for next season. He may not change his attitude but I'm hopeful he can develop his tactical methods. This will be an important pre-season for us I feel.

This must be a joke surely? Bentley on the left, Bale on the right, Kranchie and Pienaar all over the place, VDV on right, Modric on left, Rose at left back, Keane on left of midfield etc etc etc. Need I go on

agreed with what you are saying but i have to say that harry had very valid reasons for doing these things...

wingers swap wings all the time. but you cant mention any game where bale has played more on the right side through the 90 mins when there either is a natural right sided player playing

or

a right sided player playing on the left to provide some kind of balance with the full backs.

Niko and pienaar all over the place is cause through their ENTIRE careers they have been playmakers either playing

behind the striker...
Playing in CM
Or playing on the wing drifting into the middle to create a lob side shaped attacking formation

as for Modric ...the same as above, infact he's played alot of his career on the left hand side. and i dont know if you actually watched us that year we made 4th but he wwas on the left before he got injured and he was considered to be the most creative player in the league durig that stretch

VDV on the right is for the same purpose as all the other playmakers that play out wide. not easy to track and able to play unhinged and unmarked in the final third

rose at left back is better than rose at left wing....thats a pretty straight forward one

keane on the left was indeed odd but pretty much ised for he same purpose i would have thought

So all the players he signs go backwards in their development. This is a sign on of a really good manager! VDV and Pallacios started like world beaters. Look at them now.

VDV is as good as he has ever been apart from the fact that he is a bit slower nowadays. palacious's form went to crap because his brother got murdered. In both examples provided by you this is nothing to do with redknapp.

On the other hand Bale, Modric, Kaboul, Parker, sandro, walker & ekotto have all improved under redknapp.

Your argument has failed matey!

Which is where Arry asks levy to loosen the purse strings ... which he won't unless we are consistently in the CL

before even arry should ask for more money, he should look at the players he has at his disposal. the general feeling is that he hasn't done as much as he should have. also letting pienaar and corluka go midseason? imagine the option of having kyle walker RM and corluka RB....

Am i right in saying that Mk has gone again?

look for spursfan1952 to make a sudden return..or thsat other guy that i think begins with E or R ?

where i UKspursbloek when you need him

VDV is as good as he has ever been apart from the fact that he is a bit slower nowadays. palacious's form went to crap because his brother got murdered. In both examples provided by you this is nothing to do with redknapp.

On the other hand Bale, Modric, Kaboul, Parker, sandro, walker & ekotto have all improved under redknapp.

Players who went backwards under Rednapp include: Gomes, Dos Santos, Bentley, VDV, Bent, Keane, Corluka, Jenas, Hutton, Bassong, Crouch, Woodgate, Krunchie, Piennaar.
Parker started well, but finished poorly (and he didnt score all season),. He follows the trend of Crouch, Krunchie, DVD, Hutton who all started well but then went into rapid decline under Rednapp.

Ade seems to have taken Defoes mantle for the player with the most offsides in the Premiership.

DVD, Modric, Bale and Bentley have all forgotton how to strike a dead ball under Rednap

Your argument has failed matey!

You're so wrong I dont know where to start. Ok firstly

VDV and adebayor have not gone backwards, in fact they both performed better than last year.

Keane's deterioration happened under benitez, he was never te same player when he came back

When has dos santos ever been a success anywhere at least at club level? His failures are down to the player not redknapp

Jenas is currently injured but during redknapp's reign he played as well/mediocrely as he has ever done

Bentley was again his own worst enemy, and he went backwards under Ramos not redknapp

Bent is just an average striker who could not fit into our style of possession football and only succeeds at struggling teams where he is the main man, again not the fault of redknapp

Woodgate was finished by injury

Krunchie was just a victim of better players being signed in his positions

So your left with Hutton, bassong, and crouch. The first two, were they ever that good anyway? Not on the evidence since they left, crouch is the same as ever. On the other hand as stated Harry has helped to develop a lot of our key players.

You're so wrong I dont know where to start. Ok firstly

VDV and adebayor have not gone backwards, in fact they both performed better than last year.

Keane's deterioration happened under benitez, he was never te same player when he came back

When has dos santos ever been a success anywhere at least at club level? His failures are down to the player not redknapp

Jenas is currently injured but during redknapp's reign he played as well/mediocrely as he has ever done

Bentley was again his own worst enemy, and he went backwards under Ramos not redknapp

Bent is just an average striker who could not fit into our style of possession football and only succeeds at struggling teams where he is the main man, again not the fault of redknapp

Woodgate was finished by injury

Krunchie was just a victim of better players being signed in his positions

So your left with Hutton, bassong, and crouch. The first two, were they ever that good anyway? Not on the evidence since they left, crouch is the same as ever. On the other hand as stated Harry has helped to develop a lot of our key players.

Amazing array of excuses. I commend you on your creativity without addressing the common factor = Rednapp. On any objective measure, he has failed with more players than he has succesed with.

Modric was already recognised as a huge talent before he came to us. Rednapp played him on the left for most of the first season and only found his "best" position somewhat fortuitously due to Pallacios's suspension. Bale took a lot of "coming through"- remember his unbelieveable record when he first played under Rednapp. Moving him to left midfield. Was that something Rednapp decided or was it forced on him by BAE's emergence and a lack of a left sided midfielder?

Amazing array of excuses. I commend you on your creativity without addressing the common factor = Rednapp. On any objective measure, he has failed with more players than he has succesed with.

Is this not true of all managers?

Pretty sure all managers have failed with more players than they have succeeded with...

Edit: As long as they spend 4/5 seasons in management at the least.

Modric was already recognised as a huge talent before he came to us. Rednapp played him on the left for most of the first season and only found his "best" position somewhat fortuitously due to Pallacios's suspension. Bale took a lot of "coming through"- remember his unbelieveable record when he first played under Rednapp. Moving him to left midfield. Was that something Rednapp decided or was it forced on him by BAE's emergence and a lack of a left sided midfielder?

We'll never know , it's all conjecture but it won't stop you using any excuse you can find to start an argument on here and then selectively respond to those you think you can shout down. Go back and take a look at the 'Poll you failed to start and some of the comments that have been made , you are rapidly developing a reputation as a bit of a clown on here. I understand that forums are all about opinions but you are starting to come across as a bit of an internet warrior / keyboard commando.

I am the excuse master:D. I wouldnt agree that Modric was a huge talent when he came to us, an already good young player with exciting potential would be how I'd have described him. Remember that even wenger did not think he would make it in the prem at the time. Also Ramos played Modric in the centre and it didn't really work. Harry helped him to develop in the prem by moving him to the left wing where he had more space and time on the ball to enable him to get used to the pace and physicality on the ball. I'd argue that it was the development of bale as a left winger that enabled us to move Modric centrally more than the absence of palacios.

Bale's jinx record extended further back than redknapp, to under Ramos and jol. We all thought he was an exciting attacking prospect but there was a strong argument among many spurs fans on here as to whether he should be lb or lw. It was Harry who made that call and so why not give hm some credit? And if you are going to blame the decision on accidental luck due to bae coming good, well who was the manager who enabled bae to make that turnaround.....that's right, redknapp.

If there are two things that redknapp is good at and has succeeded at more than once on his career, it is overseeing te development of very good players. There are reasons to critise him eg sometimes dodgy tactics or substitutions but player development is way off the mark in my view!

Last edited:
Just out of interest, who was the last Spurs manager to get two top 4 finishes in 3 seasons?

Without checking, I'm confident Bill did it, after that?...
I'm going over old ground here, and I don't want to tinkle anyone off, but come on, we challenge these days, we actually challenge and are respected.

We haven't won the league in 51 years.

I've been through 30 years of some ups and mostly downs, and Redknapp for me isn't a longterm solution; even with Levy keeping him in a leash I'm worried about what our squad, wage and age will look like when he's done.

Ideally he should have gone last summer, and for each season we keep him that's another season with us going nowhere - thankfully we'd other clubs fudging up their seasons and made us look better.
I'd rather go nowhere when there's a longterm plan for stability and with better signs of improvment and actual gameplan on the pitch, and a better development of the squad so we don't have to overly rely on our first-11 and their individual magic.

I'm not expecting us to challenge for the title for the time being; sure we got a chance this season before someone crapped up again, but it was in all probability an one-off - for now.
I belive we'll have to wait for our new stadium to be real contenders; before that, with some good managment, we can compete for the 3rd-4th spot even without other teams having bad seasons - but I'm far from confident that Redknapp can manage to take that step; collapses in the last two seasons aren't a good sign of Redknapp being up to that task.

Add to this Redknapps unprofessional media-whoring and first-me attitude, and he doesn't stand out as someone I'd like as our manager for more than we have to - and that time is long behind us.

Back