• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
I've been through 30 years of some ups and mostly downs, and Redknapp for me isn't a longterm solution; even with Levy keeping him in a leash I'm worried about what our squad, wage and age will look like when he's done.

Ideally he should have gone last summer, and for each season we keep him that's another season with us going nowhere - thankfully we'd other clubs fudging up their seasons and made us look better.
I'd rather go nowhere when there's a longterm plan for stability and with better signs of improvment and actual gameplan on the pitch, and a better development of the squad so we don't have to overly rely on our first-11 and their individual magic.

I'm not expecting us to challenge for the title for the time being; sure we got a chance this season before someone crapped up again, but it was in all probability an one-off - for now.
I belive we'll have to wait for our new stadium to be real contenders; before that, with some good managment, we can compete for the 3rd-4th spot even without other teams having bad seasons - but I'm far from confident that Redknapp can manage to take that step; collapses in the last two seasons aren't a good sign of Redknapp being up to that task.

Add to this Redknapps unprofessional media-whoring and first-me attitude, and he doesn't stand out as someone I'd like as our manager for more than we have to - and that time is long behind us.

](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)

Even SAF has singled us out as the most attractive side in the Premiership.

Be careful what you wish for.

I've been through 30 years of some ups and mostly downs, and Redknapp for me isn't a longterm solution; even with Levy keeping him in a leash I'm worried about what our squad, wage and age will look like when he's done.

Ideally he should have gone last summer, and for each season we keep him that's another season with us going nowhere - thankfully we'd other clubs fudging up their seasons and made us look better.
I'd rather go nowhere when there's a longterm plan for stability and with better signs of improvment and actual gameplan on the pitch, and a better development of the squad so we don't have to overly rely on our first-11 and their individual magic.

I'm not expecting us to challenge for the title for the time being; sure we got a chance this season before someone crapped up again, but it was in all probability an one-off - for now.
I belive we'll have to wait for our new stadium to be real contenders; before that, with some good managment, we can compete for the 3rd-4th spot even without other teams having bad seasons - but I'm far from confident that Redknapp can manage to take that step; collapses in the last two seasons aren't a good sign of Redknapp being up to that task.

Add to this Redknapps unprofessional media-whoring and first-me attitude, and he doesn't stand out as someone I'd like as our manager for more than we have to - and that time is long behind us.

Incredible.

It should be on a plaque and pointed at in years to come.

No, I've openly said that I have lost my faith in him. His behaviour in pursuing the England job jeopardised our season and what he said in the press was all self fulfilling.
Saying that, now that we could be in the CL let's see where he takes us after a few top quality signings (fingers crossed!).

](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)

Even SAF has singled us out as the most attractive side in the Premiership.

Be careful what you wish for.

Not getting involved in this thread much, but will say that SAF praising us is like a doing getting it's head petted. You can be fudging damn sure SAF wouldn't say such nice thing about us if our mental chip inferiority complex was somehow booted and we suddenly realized that we are allowed to not only outplay, but beat, them. Watching him and Harry nearly have a cuddle during the game at the Lane earlier this season appalled me, sorry...I am no Mancini lover at all, but when he gave SAF the flapping mouth symbol,i was reminded of Jol giving Wenger some @ Scumbury...the opposition managers are not our friends!!!

Not getting involved in this thread much, but will say that SAF praising us is like a doing getting it's head petted. You can be fudging damn sure SAF wouldn't say such nice thing about us if our mental chip inferiority complex was somehow booted and we suddenly realized that we are allowed to not only outplay, but beat, them. Watching him and Harry nearly have a cuddle during the game at the Lane earlier this season appalled me, sorry...I am no Mancini lover at all, but when he gave SAF the flapping mouth symbol,i was reminded of Jol giving Wenger some @ Scumbury...the opposition managers are not our friends!!!

This. Absolutely this. Sir Alex praising us just makes me a bit frustrated, because the more he does it, the more we'll keep bending over and taking it up the arse from one of his teams. To hell with his praise, I'd prefer it if he was full of bitter rage toward us.

Its quite funny, people keep writing complete rubbish about HR when he is in fact the sort of man they want at the club.
He didnt do anything wrong regarding england, he is a nice bloke who respects other people and gives up a lot of time for others. But more importantly, he is proud to be Spurs manager. He grew up in London, he genuinely knows what it means to be Spurs manager and appreciates our history. People like Ramos come over here and dont give a brick. HR knows more about Spurs than most Spurs fans.

And some of the things he says that upsets (the weird) Spurs fans are the right thing to say. I respect him more for being honest.

Shocking that 35 of you have voted yes. You're all sad, the lot of you.

Its not shocking. This forum has loads of non attending Spurs fans who dont appreciate good footballers or good football.

Football manager is to blame. Taking the fun out of it and putting emphasis finer unimportant detail.

Finishing 4th-5th-4th is going nowhere? Oh dear.

Its not shocking. This forum has loads of non attending Spurs fans who dont appreciate good footballers or good football.

Football manager is to blame. Taking the fun out of it and putting emphasis finer unimportant detail.

This is a serious question because I hate video games...what is Football Manager? How do you play it?

As for your comment about "loads of non-attending Spurs fans who don't appreciate good footballers or good football" there are equally loads who attend who appreciate good footballers and good football AND can also criticize managerial performance when it's justified. THIS is what gets me about the Harry debates; you're either pro or anti. It's NOT true! There is the very, very REAL truth that Harry has absolutely been found wanting sometimes, and if people cannot accept that, it does not make them any wiser or greater than people who claim it to be the case. In fact, IMHO, it makes them blind to the sorts of details which (if left unchecked) will forever keep us where we are and never see us perhaps become winners in the silver sense...

This is a serious question because I hate video games...what is Football Manager? How do you play it?

Football Manager is a stat based football simulation. All players are graded on various skills (pace, flair, stamina, strength, technique and loads more). You buy and sell in order to create a winning team. Since it's so easy to judge players and of course the simplicity of buying/selling, many now see themselves as more qualified than those that actually do this in real life.

Football Manager is a stat based football simulation. All players are graded on various skills (pace, flair, stamina, strength, technique and loads more). You buy and sell in order to create a winning team. Since it's so easy to judge players and of course the simplicity of buying/selling, many now see themselves as more qualified than those that actually do this in real life.

And many use the Football Manager defence to write off anyone else's opinion that they happen to disagree with.

There is the very, very REAL truth that Harry has absolutely been found wanting sometimes, and if people cannot accept that, it does not make them any wiser or greater than people who claim it to be the casn fact, IMHO, it makes them blind to the sorts of details which (if lef unchecked) will forever keep us where we are and never see us perhaps become winners in the silver sense...

Another opinion posted as fact.

I'm sorry, but the anti-harry phalanx are not doing themselves any favours by effectively bull bricking their arguments across

The VERY real truth

In which case, the VERY real truth is that Mancini, Mourinho, Guardiola, Ferguson and Wenger were also found wanting

That is just as factually correct as your statement. People make mistakes.

That's a VERY VERY real truth

We have good footballers. They play good football.

The right manager can make them good-er footballers, who play much good-er football.

Harry doesn't seem like the right manager to some people, a manager who can do this.

There, simplified to the level of detail you (and maybe Harry) seem to want in football.

Now can we accept that sometimes the finer details matter, please?

Every manager has their faults. That includes Harry, Mancini, Wenger, SAF, everyone. But Harry suits us. He was the right man for us when he came, and in his full seasons with us has taken us to 4th, 5th and 4th again. I remember a few years ago that was the stuff of dreams. Now it's our reality.

So with that in mind, accepting that sometimes Harry will do things we may not like but generally acknowledging that he is a good manager who has performed well for us and met his targets, I think he should be backed. New contract, transfer money, public support. Let's eliminate any uncertainty that started with the England speculation and show the players that he is going to be our man. Harry has shown that with funds to buy his players and a lack of uncertainty around the club he will do well for us. Let's do that.

But if the club isn't willing to back him, he should go. None of this 'give him the final year and see how he does' rubbish. All it will do is create more uncertainty, and hinder our long term planning. If the club doesn't want to back him, he should be paid off, be released by 'mutual consent' and thanked for a job very well done. We should then get one of the bright young coaches that are forging their reputations in the game before other clubs take the gambles we should be taking while we are then left scrambling around appointing someone completely wrong for us in a years time because we didn't move fast enough. Harry has done well for us, but if the trust is gone between him and Levy, and there is now too much baggage that can't be gotten over, he should go.

But if Levy is willing to back him, and willing to let Harry build a dynasty here, then Harry should stay. There should be no half way house with this though. It's the future of our club and it's important to be on a clear, consistent path so we all know where we are heading.

But if the club isn't willing to back him, he should go. None of this 'give him the final year and see how he does' rubbish. All it will do is create more uncertainty, and hinder our long term planning. If the club doesn't want to back him, he should be paid off, be released by 'mutual consent' and thanked for a job very well done. We should then get one of the bright young coaches that are forging their reputations in the game before other clubs take the gambles we should be taking while we are then left scrambling around appointing someone completely wrong for us in a years time because we didn't move fast enough. Harry has done well for us, but if the trust is gone between him and Levy, and there is now too much baggage that can't be gotten over, he should go.

Why exactly is it 'rubbish'?

Did he commit to us when England was very much a possibility - a.k.a. the 'people's choice :lol: ? So why should we do it now? Why should we be loyal to a man who not at one single point before Hodgson got the job came out and said - 'I'm Tottenham Hotspur's manager for another 1.5 years - not interested at the moment'. Much like Moyes, Hodgson, etc. all did.

I tell you why - because if the FA approached him - he would have dropped us like a smelly sock even if we finished 3rd. So now we should go and offer him a long-term 4m a year contract because his exit plan back-fired?

He has a contract for a season - we can review it afterwards based on performance, etc. without making uncertain financial commitments.

Based on last season's success he deserves another season and possibly another 2 after that if we keep improving. Based on last season he also deserves to be dealt with carefully as far as long-term contractual commitments are concerned.

Last edited:
The FM card - classic comeback when you have no clue to what to say next

I don't think it's such a ridiculous thing to say to be honest, that a popular game that over simplifies football has led to people not in the game to believe it is a relativelty simply thing to understand when in actual fact there are far more considerations that go on than we know about.

I know I'm guilty of thinking 'Uggggh, why did Harry/Manager X not do that - it's so obvious!' on occasion.

The one thing that FM has done to tinkle me off more than anything else is the idea it has created that signing players is easy. Because actually signing players is fudging tedious the game simplifies it massively (make bid, bid accepted, offer terms, done), and every window this means Levy will be told off for dingdonging around and not just offering what the player/club/agent wants. Come on Daniel, stop wasting time to save those poxy millions, I don't want to wait til next week to find out who we're signing.

Back