• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
you can't sack a manager for finishing 4th in the league.

(but it shouldn't stop us for asking from demanding more from him).

I voted no - I'm hopeful the FA rejection will lead Harry to want to stick it up em and get the team fired up for next season.

Besides, as posted in another thread, I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool make plays for him with KKK walking. Then there's Chelsea. In fact, I reckon well have to be "lucky" to hang on to him.

I voted no - I'm hopeful the FA rejection will lead Harry to want to stick it up em and get the team fired up for next season.

Besides, as posted in another thread, I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool make plays for him with KKK walking. Then there's Chelsea. In fact, I reckon well have to be "lucky" to hang on to him.

That is luck i could be doing without.

We should just keep him on a one year rolling contract. When Levy feels it's time to move on, just don't renew. Hodgson had this at Fulham I believe and Rodgers did with Swansea until recently.

I'd love to see a similar poll on Sunday morning after Torres bags a hat-trick in injury time against Quasimodo and the gang

All that would prove is how fickle a lot of people are, and by their fickle nature completely invalidate their opinions as being emotionally based rather than logical ones.

Can see him angling to leave though if we dont spend millions this summer ie making Levy's life difficult and gobbing off in the press even more than usual. Would be a case of who blinks first given that he wont get a pay off if he walks but Levy will know the cost of firing him

I cant see us renewing his contract though, otherwise it just increases the cost of getting shot of him. If I was Levy I would let his contract run down and if then someone else wants to take him next summer, do be it. It also means that week by week the cost of firing him comes down

It's time to back Redknapp or sack him but whatever Levy chooses he needs to do it now. Keeping Redknapp on but without investment in the first team and a new contract will be just as destabilising as the England fiasco. Sacking Redknapp half way through next season means that we are searching around for whoever is available and will end up writing off next season.

It's time to back Redknapp or sack him but whatever Levy chooses he needs to do it now. Keeping Redknapp on but without investment in the first team and a new contract will be just as destabilising as the England fiasco. Sacking Redknapp half way through next season means that we are searching around for whoever is available and will end up writing off next season.

Agreed. Give him a new contract or pay him off of this current one. Don't allow us to go into the season uncertain as to what the future brings.

Agreed. Give him a new contract or pay him off of this current one. Don't allow us to go into the season uncertain as to what the future brings.

Or how about - don't offer him a new contract and simply realease him next summer if we don't improve or offer him a new deal then if we exceed expectations

Course not, this is the most consistent finishing and best side we've had in decades! Imagine if Arry had berba and keano ...

It's a risk, a massive risk. Just look at Utd's form the season Fergie announced he was retiring the end of the year.

Redknapp never anounced he'd going to retire though - keeps going off about his focus on Tottenham, etc.

If we offer him a new contract now and perform poorly next season we'd lose money in his pay-off package. This way we're protected and simply call it quits if thigs go pear-shaped.

Or how about - don't offer him a new contract and simply realease him next summer if we don't improve or offer him a new deal then if we exceed expectations

Nothing undermines a manager quite like not knowing whether the clubs backs them or not. If the prospect of Harry leaving to manage England affected the players form, then not knowing whether he was around beyond next summer would too. It will also make it a lot harder to convince players to join us or existing players to sign contract extensions if the manager's future is unresolved.

Nothing undermines a manager quite like not knowing whether the clubs backs them or not. If the prospect of Harry leaving to manage England affected the players form, then not knowing whether he was around beyond next summer would too. It will also make it a lot harder to convince players to join us or existing players to sign contract extensions if the manager's future is unresolved.

This basically.

Stability is one of the most important ingredients to success. Promote uncertainty and we all know what may happen then judging by this season!

Sorry, but I couldn't disagree more.

First of all - Redknapp could have indicated privately to Levy he'd like to call it a day after next year, etc.

Even if he's keen to stay - unless Bayern defeat Chelsea on Saturday and we go through a considerably tough play-off CL round - technically we have achieved fudge all last season. That is the bottom line as far as figures, players and agents are concerned. Finishing above Chelsea and Liverpool means very little to Luka Modric or Eden Hazard, I'm sure.

He deserves another season granted - if we make the CL again - perhaps a new 2 year deal if he's interested. If not - thanks for everything and farewell - this is business after all.

if Chelsea win the CL which in turn leads to Bale & Modric being sold (not that is set in stone) maybe the task of 'rebuilding' would be best given to a new manager ?

although that would be harsh on Redknapp after 4th 5th and 4th place finishes it's what's best for THFC that is the important thing IMO

Sorry, but I couldn't disagree more.

First of all - Redknapp could have indicated privately to Levy he'd like to call it a day after next year, etc.

Even if he's keen to stay - unless Bayern defeat Chelsea on Saturday and we go through a considerably tough play-off CL round - technically we have achieved fudge all last season. That is the bottom line as far as figures, players and agents are concerned. Finishing above Chelsea and Liverpool means very little to Luka Modric or Eden Hazard, I'm sure.

He deserves another season granted - if we make the CL again - perhaps a new 2 year deal if he's interested. If not - thanks for everything and farewell - this is business after all.

There is no strategy here, this is no way to run any business let alone one as high profile and under as much scrutiny as a football club.

The top clubs have a strategy which is set from the top and filters down through the club.

For all the criticism that we aim at Arsenal, the response from the board when they had a bad run of results in the autumn and the press and some supporters were calling for Wenger'd head was first class. I think that it was one of the reasons that they turned their season around. If the Arsenal players had thought that the board did not back Wenger and that he could be leaving the job would have been ten times harder.

A few weeks ago I probably would have said yes but in the end we got 4th and hopefully Redknapp will have learned a lesson from all this flimflam. Still is most successful manager in my lifetime at Spurs so there is that. Voted No

There is no strategy here, this is no way to run any business let alone one as high profile and under as much scrutiny as a football club.

The top clubs have a strategy which is set from the top and filters down through the club.

For all the criticism that we aim at Arsenal, the response from the board when they had a bad run of results in the autumn and the press and some supporters were calling for Wenger'd head was first class. I think that it was one of the reasons that they turned their season around. If the Arsenal players had thought that the board did not back Wenger and that he could be leaving the job would have been ten times harder.

You're speculating here.

How about players who dislike him and are desperate for a change? Or players who would join us because of a 'name'?

If Chelsea win on Saturday we have essentially finished 5h with a better squad than last year. So some can argue - offer him a new deal based on what exactly? Consistently 'just' making it or consistently collapsing in the later part of the season?

Another season is plenty of adequate time to draw an objective conclusion without committing ourselves financially to someone who I'm 150% certain would have dropped us for England if they came calling quicker than you can say Wayne Rover.

He didn't commit to us back then by telling those speculating snakes to fudge off and kept hitching skirt right to the end (via numerous sources including his sonny) - so why should we commit now? Second best? No thanks

Back