• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
To be honest I would take fourth next year as well. I can't see either Chelsea or arsenal being as bad again this year, as long as Saudi Sportswashing Machine don't sell all their best players they could well be up there as well (depending on how far they get in the Europa).

Everyone seems to agree that continued participation in the Europa league is detrimental to a sustained challenge on the top four so who would like to see us play a weakened / fringe team next season? Can we really try and win it and get top four? Can we have our cake and eat it?

I see CL participation as a bigger worry than EL when it comes to affecting league form. Hopefully we can handle it better this time.

Would have preferred him to have got the England job, it would be difficult to sack him IMO.

If we get of to a bad start , then Levy might , if there is an window of opportunity and someone like Martinez has not been snapped up.

There is a feeling that Redknapp is past his best, the players will have lost a little belief in him, the best part of his management has worn off a little [ motivation.

Are you left with enough ? Imo on balance no.

Would have preferred him to have got the England job, it would be difficult to sack him IMO.

If we get of to a bad start , then Levy might , if there is an window of opportunity and someone like Martinez has not been snapped up.

There is a feeling that Redknapp is past his best, the players will have lost a little belief in him, the best part of his management has worn off a little [ motivation.

A lot of sense in this, and I fully agree that the notion that all the players love Harry and think he's GHod is a myth.

That said he has finished 4th, 5th, 4th so tough to fire him and I was also hoping that he'd leave for England so that we get a pay-off

Problem is that next season will surely be tougher than this as chelsea wont be as bad and, even if arse do sell RvP, they wont leave it until after the season has started as they did with Fabregas and Nasri this year....so they should be better.

I'm hoping that Harry does believe the rhetoric which he comes up with along the lines of us being lucky to be 4th and therefore he takes the view over the next couple weeks that he's taken us as far as he can and negotiates an exit with Levy

The problem was he was never going to get the England job in the first place, and those who believe that if Roy screws up the FA will go to Redknapp and offer him the job are dreaming, it will not happen.

As i have said before he will end up walking away.

The problem was he was never going to get the England job in the first place, and those who believe that if Roy screws up the FA will go to Redknapp and offer him the job are dreaming, it will not happen.

As i have said before he will end up walking away.

You think he will walk this summer? Based on what? I can't see that happening at all.

And pass up on a pay off? No chance.

Can see him angling to leave though if we dont spend millions this summer ie making Levy's life difficult and gobbing off in the press even more than usual. Would be a case of who blinks first given that he wont get a pay off if he walks but Levy will know the cost of firing him

I cant see us renewing his contract though, otherwise it just increases the cost of getting shot of him. If I was Levy I would let his contract run down and if then someone else wants to take him next summer, do be it. It also means that week by week the cost of firing him comes down

I think Redknapp now knows this is as good as it gets for him (ironic, eh?). I was as annoyed as anyone during the slump (which I blame on John Terry actually...think about it), but that's history and I sure Redknapp will be at Spurs for a few more years and will concentrate fully on the job in hand. The fact that the England job has passed him by should mean that he views the Spurs job as something a little longer term and plan accordingly. And whatever spin you put on things the fact remains that Redknapp is statistically our best manager since Bill and has got us 2 top 4 finishes.

The transfer policy must switch to younger players. The oldies have served us well (some of them anyway) but it is an unsustainable model which I think will change now that Redknapp's future is a little clearer. Levy will drive this change and I believe Redknapp will be more pliant in this regards. Harry's goal must now be a stab at the title and I honestly don't think we are that far away.

Not right now, he shouldn't, so "NO".

However if Levy manages to lure in e.g. the Dortmund manager or someone like him, we should consider it. Harry only has 1 year back of the contract, and I can hardly see him staying on longer.

It's really interesting to speculate WTF goes on in the boardroom, though. If Levy doesn't fully trust him anymroe, it's unlikely that we'll have any real net spending, CL or not. However it's also paramount to get at least 4th again next season, for which any manager including Harry will need money for backing. So what the hell will Levy do ?

I think he's eat the pay-off and sack him, if we indeed manage to find someone better. As early as this summer, even.

But do I "want" him sacked now ? Heart says "yes" for his shocking England flirt, and the clear lack of effort put into Spurs in the very same period. Hell the tax trial affected him less than the flirt.

Head says "no" though. Change for the sake of change is never good, no matter what prophets of "innovation" will try to teach you.

I'd love to see a similar poll on Sunday morning after Torres bags a hat-trick in injury time against Quasimodo and the gang

[video]http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=9xcB9XfLjL8[/video]

Stiched up if I'm honest........he's brick though.

Same as McLeish

But do I "want" him sacked now ? Heart says "yes" for his shocking England flirt, and the clear lack of effort put into Spurs in the very same period. Hell the tax trial affected him less than the flirt.
Or was it the players?

The positive results of more severe periods of upheaval with the manager could suggest that attributing the possible England job to our poor run is speculative. With the health scare/trial, they may have been fighting for him. With England, they may have been fearful of him leaving. We do not know whether it was Redknapp affected, the squad or neither.

From F365 Losers section:

Tottenham
It's now the longest of long waits for Spurs as they pray for Bayern Munich - 5-2 losers to Dortmund in the German Cup final on Saturday - to do them the biggest of favours against Chelsea. Or does 'Arry still want the Blues to win the Champions League on May 19? I'm shaking my head even as I write this.

Shock news: Alan Shearer was wrong. Fourth is no longer an achievement for Spurs after the seemingly unassailable position they found themselves in at the end of January. At the beginning of the campaign, yes, it would have been an accomplishment. But expectations and possibilities change as the season progresses and Tottenham went from having it all to gain, to throwing it all away.

Regardless of the improvement on last year's final position, it will be a huge backwards step for Spurs if Chelsea win in Munich. Emmanuel Adebayor - their only credible out-and-out striker - will leave, perhaps with Luka Modric and Gareth Bale in tow. Everyone knows that Spurs have excellent players, the makings of a title-challenging team - Redknapp said it himself on several occasions - and key members of the squad will be courted in the summer. Daniel Levy was able to resist Modric's unrest last summer, but preventing three or four stars from leaving poses an altogether more difficult challenge. At least one will surely slip through the net.

As for Redknapp, it's highly unlikely that he'll exit despite overseeing an alarming collapse. He may even pick up a bonus for finishing 4th, unless wily Levy accounted for this particular set of circumstances. Besides, 'Arry might not know if he received the money or not.

nah, im sure F365 - have a deep rooted and illogical hatred for HR and Spurs so that would be a biased and irrational post

Back