• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
I wouldn't go for Martinez/Rodgers purely because they are good tacticians. It's not the be and and end all that a manager must be a master tactician. Wenger doesn't excel when it comes to tactics, he's still a brilliant manager.

well they seem to be good tacticians as well as good man managers, and good with the media too

Because it should have been locked out this year, and we don't have the cash to make the necessary investment to bridge the gap.

Anyone actually look at how far behind the Manchester clubs we were? And when you look at Chelsea under Di Matteo vs AVB, it doesn't take a genius to realise that they should have been up with the Manchester clubs.

I can't see Chelsea in the top 3 next season if Drogba goes. To be honest, even if he stayed he's not as consistent as he used to be despite still being a beast in every big game! If (and it's a big IF) we make a few signings, I can see it being a fight between ourselves, Arsenal and Chelsea for the other two Champions League spots.

He certainly doesn't deserve to be sacked, taking the season as a whole, but I'll reserve the right to the caveat that Levy should be asking searching questions about what precisely happened during the Capello-Hodgson interval, and if there's a younger, better option out there—one whose recent mobile phone conversations you don't wonder about every time he casually brings up Modrić and his likely whereabouts next season—then we should consider making a change.

I think Hodgson will be sacked after Euro 2012 and we'll go through all this brick again.

Think they'll stick with him until after the World Cup and possibly go for Redknapp then. For once, the entire country doesn't expect us to win a tournament, expecatations are pretty low for a change. I reckon we'll finish 2nd in the group and lose in the quarters, which is standard for most tournaments when it comes to England.

I think Hodgson will be sacked after Euro 2012 and we'll go through all this brick again.

No chance. He's signed a four year contract and expectation around the national team is the lowest I can remember since the early nineties.

No chance. He's signed a four year contract and expectation around the national team is the lowest I can remember since the early nineties.

it wont stop the media kicking up an almighty fuss if we perform poorly in the euros.....the campaign for Redknapp will start up again, papers, radio phone ins, Sky, and the FA will have to be strong to resist, Hodgson too. Im sure he wont like a media backlash against him

Pleasing to see around 80% in favour of HR. This figure is probably the same as it would have been in December. Some are never happy.

chelsea should only get worse without huge investment especially while the lunatics are still being allowed to run the asylum.

as others have it's a straight 3 horse race between the 3 london clubs for the other 2 places behind the mancs.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine will surely drop back with the thursday/sunday cobblers to deal with all season and liverpool are light years behind the top clubs

Think they'll stick with him until after the World Cup and possibly go for Redknapp then. For once, the entire country doesn't expect us to win a tournament, expecatations are pretty low for a change. I reckon we'll finish 2nd in the group and lose in the quarters, which is standard for most tournaments when it comes to England.

i'd imagine arry would tell them to go fudge themselves now if they came back with their tail between their legs begging him to take it. can't see the FA going for it either. they'd look ludicrous.

YES! I respect so many of the pro-redknapp phalanx on here and frankly after the brick we've had to put up with, fair play to you all for being loyal. However, Redknapp fudged up and he knows it and I wonder what Levy is thinking we''l see if Chelsea win in Saturday. A few weeks ago he was going on about Spurs being the top team in London and title contenders now its "what a great season, to finish 4th!! Lets face it who can argue with that based on what we've had previously the anti redknapp mob must be a bunch of mugs. Until you look closely at what has happened this season. When the f*ck have Chelsea finished outside the top 4 let alone 6th! When the f*ck have Liverpool finished 8th? Arsenal lost 2 of their best players at the start of season and another injured throughout yet they still finish above us when we were 13 points ahead. Read the shield the g**ners are sending round the internet. This really is a fabulous squad of players and since Saudi Sportswashing Machine they have underperformed for what ever reason. By the way when Keane left he was given dogs abuse despite serving tthe club for 6 years when we were really brick. Harry would have left if England had picked him. But he is treated like a hero when his indecision cost us 3rd place! I am scratching my head....

YES! I respect so many of the pro-redknapp phalanx on here and frankly after the brick we've had to put up with, fair play to you all for being loyal. However, Redknapp fudged up and he knows it and I wonder what Levy is thinking we''l see if Chelsea win in Saturday. A few weeks ago he was going on about Spurs being the top team in London and title contenders now its "what a great season, to finish 4th!! Lets face it who can argue with that based on what we've had previously the anti redknapp mob must be a bunch of mugs. Until you look closely at what has happened this season. When the f*ck have Chelsea finished outside the top 4 let alone 6th! When the f*ck have Liverpool finished 8th? Arsenal lost 2 of their best players at the start of season and another injured throughout yet they still finish above us when we were 13 points ahead. Read the shield the g**ners are sending round the internet. This really is a fabulous squad of players and since Saudi Sportswashing Machine they have underperformed for what ever reason. By the way when Keane left he was given dogs abuse despite serving tthe club for 6 years when we were really brick. Harry would have left if England had picked him. But he is treated like a hero when his indecision cost us 3rd place! I am scratching my head....
This post here, it baffles me as well on the loyalty topic that a lot of people are looking to get rid of King who has given us over 10 years solid service. To me he is more tottenham than anyone currently playing or coaching for the club right now, other than Jennings.

Lets not over rate the squad. Its certainly not better than the top 2, so at best we failed by 2 points. But players like Nelson, Saha, Livermore, Rose etc were having to be used during the last 12 games and they wouldnt get in the first team of many prem clubs. We have spent about 50m less than the next lowest spender in the top 4 since we last got CL football.

And Arsenal in RVP have a star striker, something we lacked. It makes a big difference having a world class striker because it wins you games. How many matches did we have where we controlled it but couldnt get the goal.

Even if you think we under achieved, it was by a small margin. Why on earth would you sack someone and then run the risk of having it all completely fall apart. How much higher can we get within our budget ? (im thinking 1 place) how much worse could it get ? (going by what happened last time we sacked a good manager, relegation battle).

Let him run out the remaining year of his contract at least,
it will cost as much as a top international player signing to get rid of him and appoint someone else.
Rather spend our money on a new striker than taking a managerial risk with it.
See how next season go before considering a contract renewal or getting someone new next summer.

chelsea should only get worse without huge investment especially while the lunatics are still being allowed to run the asylum.

as others have it's a straight 3 horse race between the 3 london clubs for the other 2 places behind the mancs.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine will surely drop back with the thursday/sunday cobblers to deal with all season and liverpool are light years behind the top clubs

Don't forget Liverpool will be challenging for the title (according to the scousers).

As for that Thursday/Sunday cobblers I fear there is a very big chance we will suffering from it ourselves.

Back