• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Charisma is important, authority even more so. I wouldn't pick a fight with David Moyes.

AVB had plenty of authority (ask Alex & Anelka!), but had practically zero charisma. I don't think authority works well with massive egos. They just tell you to fudge off UNLESS you're a Manager who has charisma to go with it.

It is not all about the players though.

I think leadership should come from the top and i include levy in this, as chairman he should be ripping into redknapp on a daily basis. Keep to the same message and the players will not get confused, i sensed it that the players did not know whether we should be going for the title or just going to church and thanking GHod that we are in the top division, between january and april redknapp changed his mind more times then my wife changes shoes before we go out.

Levy should be bringing in new fitness coaches and sports psycholgists to give us that extra little bit.

Do i think we can win the league, well it depends on how well man u buy over the summer but they are there for the taking, Emirates Marketing Project and chelsea i expect to come back strongly. So in all honesty i expect 3rd next year but we should not be as far behind as 20 points. If chelsea do not win the champs league i think them and city will focus a lot more on that.

It will be interesting to see how fit players come back from the euros this summer and could have an impact on next season, im hoping holland and croatia go out early and walker, parker and defoe do not go. Yes i think we should get 3rd and be only 5-10 points of the title next season.

We're not good enough to win the title. You could put the best Manager and coaches in the world at our club but with THESE players we wouldn't win the title. The Manager is the conductor, the players the musicians. Doesn't matter if the conductor is the best in the world if the musicians aren't up to the job.

AVB would hold regular team meetings where everyone was allowed to express their honest opinions, and when some of the squad did just that and they said things the manager didnt privately agree with, he dropped them.....genius =D>

no wonder he lasted 6 months

Top 4 will be very difficult next season. I hope Harry is up for it.

We need some fresh blood, and decent investment in the team. But it's a fine balance, as we don't want too many new faces to upset the harmony. We especially don't want too many non-Premiership signings. I'd say a maximum of two for the first team squad. But even then we're heavily relying on other teams underperforming as much as us doing well to get top four again.

Next year the top three should be locked out, which will likely leave us battling the scum for the 4th spot.

We need some fresh blood, and decent investment in the team. But it's a fine balance, as we don't want too many new faces to upset the harmony. We especially don't want too many non-Premiership signings. I'd say a maximum of two for the first team squad. But even then we're heavily relying on other teams underperforming as much as us doing well to get top four again.

Next year the top three should be locked out, which will likely leave us battling the scum for the 4th spot.

I don't believe there to be a top 3 anymore. It's two mancs and the rest IMO. Are you referring to Chelsea?

why should there be a lock out, its this kind of mentality that will take our club nowhere.....the club has to believe that it can get into the top 3, that it can challenge for the title. We cant go into a campaign believing the ceiling is set at 4th, that would be crazy

Top 4 will be very difficult next season. I hope Harry is up for it.

Well it will go like this.

WEEK 1 of season "yeah we can get in the top 4 and maybe have a tilt at the title."

WEEK 3 of season "dissapointing start to the season it i impossible to get in that top 4 look at the money other teams have spent we will be lucky to get top 8"

WEEK 5 of season " after our first away win i feel we can go on a run and get back into that top 4"

WEEK 9 of season " were flying i love coming into the trainning ground, don't have to coach em just tell them to run around a bit, sure we can win the title after 5 wins on the bounce"

WEEK 11 of season "amazing an away win at man u we will be there or there abouts at the end, we can win the title"

WEEK 13 of season "we have had a bad few games, i alwaays said it was difficult to get top 4, no of course we can't win the title look at the money city spend"

WEEK 14 of season "that was a great victory at home to a really good southampton side, we can really push on and get top 4 now"

WEEK 15 of season "we have seen city and chelsea and man u lose in the same weekend i don't see why we can't get win the title"

WEEK 18 of season "those loses probably rule us out of title, i always said we could never win the title"

WEEK 20 of season " it was a good away draw at wigan we can get right back in there next week with a win at arsenal"

WEEK 21 of season "well it's a difficult place to come"

WEEK 24 of season "we are right in there for a top 4 spot"

WEEK 28 of season "spurs fans are all fudging ****s and they should just be glad im managing them, they have never had it so good and i always said we would never get top 4.

I think that is how next season will go or along similar lines.

So the poll shows that in a room full of 10 Spurs fans, 8 if them would want Harry to stay

Fairly reasonable if you ask me. 4th. 5th. 4th.

There's always going to be a couple of loonies in any room.

I wonder whether you'll get a different result on Sunday morning if Bayern have beaten Cheatski. In the Europa league so the season will have been more of a failure despite the fact that our league position wont have changed...and given Harry wont be around long-term, maybe thats the time to change things?

I dont think the players view of SPurs would be different if he left....I cant see that Modric, Sandro or VdV view Harry in as high esteem as the media like to believe or as highly as people like Defoe do.

I don't believe there to be a top 3 anymore. It's two mancs and the rest IMO. Are you referring to Chelsea?

Yes, Chelsea. Who in my opinion (an opinion I was giving BEFORE AVB was fired) are the best team in the country. Under Di Matteo they've hit the general form they should have been displaying all season.....and that would have had them right in the mix with the Manchester clubs.

why should there be a lock out, its this kind of mentality that will take our club nowhere.....the club has to believe that it can get into the top 3, that it can challenge for the title. We cant go into a campaign believing the ceiling is set at 4th, that would be crazy

Because it should have been locked out this year, and we don't have the cash to make the necessary investment to bridge the gap.

Anyone actually look at how far behind the Manchester clubs we were? And when you look at Chelsea under Di Matteo vs AVB, it doesn't take a genius to realise that they should have been up with the Manchester clubs.

AVB had plenty of authority (ask Alex & Anelka!), but had practically zero charisma. I don't think authority works well with massive egos. They just tell you to fudge off UNLESS you're a Manager who has charisma to go with it.
It's not that straight forward. I don't think RDM is the most charismatic guy in the world either, but it seems to work. Chelsea is an extreme example though, the club is filled with ****s of the highest order. We don't have that at our club. If we do, they're terribly good at hiding it.

Yes, Chelsea. Who in my opinion (an opinion I was giving BEFORE AVB was fired) are the best team in the country. Under Di Matteo they've hit the general form they should have been displaying all season.....and that would have had them right in the mix with the Manchester clubs.

Now there is something i can agree on, chelsea were also my top team of the season, i honestly think they have a very strong squad and were poorly managed at the start of the season. It will be interesting to see how their older players will play next season.
o/t if we could get drogba on a free i would be happy.

It's not that straight forward. I don't think RDM is the most charismatic guy in the world either, but it seems to work. Chelsea is an extreme example though, the club is filled with ****s of the highest order. We don't have that at our club. If we do, they're terribly good at hiding it.

Is probably about redknapps best trait getting moody players like ade and gallas and he turns them into model pros, would be interested to see what he could do with barton, just not at spurs.

Or our current Manager controls it. We have a fair few players who have a history of having thrown their toys out of the pram and falling out with Managers.

Because it should have been locked out this year, and we don't have the cash to make the necessary investment to bridge the gap.

Anyone actually look at how far behind the Manchester clubs we were? And when you look at Chelsea under Di Matteo vs AVB, it doesn't take a genius to realise that they should have been up with the Manchester clubs.

but a new season has the potential to bring up surprises, like this season with chelsea. maybe Rooney suffers a season ending injury early on, Chelsea might employ another manager completely out of his depth, Arse fail to sufficiently replace RVP, anything can happen that could potentially hamper our rivals progress, and if we have the belief that we are good enough to challenge for the top spots, then we can take advantage of any slip ups. But we have to believe in those possibilities, that its never a closed shop where we dont have a key

I wouldn't go for Martinez/Rodgers purely because they are good tacticians. It's not the be and and end all that a manager must be a master tactician. Wenger doesn't excel when it comes to tactics, he's still a brilliant manager.

Or our current Manager controls it. We have a fair few players who have a history of having thrown their toys out of the pram and falling out with Managers.
That's an assumption on your side. There are tons of quality managers out there that noone would call charismatic, even on a good day. Benitez comes to mind.

Back