• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Ill be honest - why should he show love to us when we got fans who never wanted him here in the first place? AND continue to not want him.

well so far nearly 80% on this forum love him enough to want him to stay judging by the poll results so far.....id say thats a pretty amazing endorsement

I've seen your political views in random.

No. ;)

I do agree on Martinez. I think there are several very promising managers in the Premier League at the moment. Di Matteo would be my first choice, but Chelsea would be mad not to appoint him permanently now(?)

he wont get that job, even if they win on Sat....he knows it too

Again, don't mean to be a dingdong or judgemental, but seems people have no view of planning/business.

If I was managing Spurs I would look at the priorities over the next 5-7 years, which for me would be

- Establish the club as CL regulars (anything higher is probably over reaching, even if we could afford Messi, doesn't mean he would come)
- Get the stadium and training ground built
- Potentially target a Cup or two in that timeframe.
- Improve global marketing

Harry has managed 4th, 5th and 4th in 3 seasons.

I would keep him as long as he continues to produce similar finishes (especially for the period of Stadium build), with a couple of mandates for him to play a part in convincing Modric/Bale to stay as well as to start implementing (even if he just hires/delegates) some more modern training/fitness to tie the training facilities, youth and first team.

Exactly - yet another extremist thread who will be turned personal against the heretics who dared to question the Master!

Why is it even public? Are you gonna take notes again of who voted 'yes' just like you did on the old board in the old Classics thread of Redknapp's appointment and then discard those poster's opinions based on some assumed deeper agenda they had

If you are unable to tolerate opinion different to yours and unable to accept that your opinion in just that and not a fact cast is stone - why do you insist on this so much?

Completely pointless poll and fudge all to do with Redknapp whom we all know Levy will NEVER fire in the summer unless he suffers brain damage or something - more fuel for the personal agenda. NOTHING more

Wow, over react much? :lol:

id be worried that it's just relief from the bigger players that they are being looked after again - and tbf taking away the CL run they haven't really been that impressive under him. i certainly think it's premature to be thinking of getting in him here, not that he won't turn out to be a good manager mind
Fair enough. The way I see it, we can't pick from the top of the shelf which I guess is one of the most solid pro-Harry arguments. I think there are several managers in the Premier League which could turn out to be brilliant for us (RDM, Martinez, Lambert), but possibly with the exception of Moyes they would all be a gamble to some extent.

Couldn't agree more, but I was curious about the Redknapp poll from last month and the name of the OP surprised me a bit.

Apparently only those keen to promote an anti agenda are allowed to create polls! :lol:

But the reason why I did this poll was because the day we get 4th there were loads of negative posts and a couple of very negative threads. I wanted to see if that negative feeling was among most people or just the select vocal few. No other agenda other than that, hence why I initially stated the reason for the opinion was unimportant.

I voted yes, he should go.

I dislike him even if his results have been so so.

Next season with just a year left on his contract he will be coming out in the presss moaning about whether he will get a new contract and it will be this season all over again with regards the instability.

Would like our next manager to have a clear and concise message and not change is mind on a daily basis sending out mixed messages to the squad. We need a manager who can take us forward over the long term. Some of the mistakes harry has made in the last few months have been disgusting. On a point of principle i will never watch anothe cup match while he is manager.

I do not like the old boys network he has at the club i do not like the signings he makes and i really do not like him as a human being.

Paul Lambert or even David Moyes for me.

Fair enough. The way I see it, we can't pick from the top of the shelf which I guess is one of the most solid pro-Harry arguments. I think there are several managers in the Premier League which could turn out to be brilliant for us (RDM, Martinez, Lambert), but possibly with the exception of Moyes they would all be a gamble to some extent.

There is also one missing ingredient that a lot of people seem to overlook for me. Charisma. I know Modric wanted out, but the other players seemed content to stay for this year. The chances of us getting top four next season are slim in my opinion, and whoever our Manager is HAS to have the charisma to cope with big egos and keep them happy (or at least content) even if we aren't in the Champions League.

I voted yes, he should go.

I dislike him even if his results have been so so.

Next season with just a year left on his contract he will be coming out in the presss moaning about whether he will get a new contract and it will be this season all over again with regards the instability.

Would like our next manager to have a clear and concise message and not change is mind on a daily basis sending out mixed messages to the squad. We need a manager who can take us forward over the long term. Some of the mistakes harry has made in the last few months have been disgusting. On a point of principle i will never watch anothe cup match while he is manager.

I do not like the old boys network he has at the club i do not like the signings he makes and i really do not like him as a human being.

Paul Lambert or even David Moyes for me.

Serious question, can you name me one English club that doesn't have this?

There is also one missing ingredient that a lot of people seem to overlook for me. Charisma. I know Modric wanted out, but the other players seemed content to stay for this year. The chances of us getting top four next season are slim in my opinion, and whoever our Manager is HAS to have the charisma to cope with big egos and keep them happy (or at least content) even if we aren't in the Champions League.

Top 4? we should win the league with a decent manager.

Almost a quarter of Spurs fans want shot of him so far. That's higher than expected.

Judging by the poll last month and the volume of hatred and bitterness demonstrated towards him on Sunday, a quarter is a lot lower than I expected. According to many he is the sole reason as to why we failed, and has nothing to do with our initial success. Well not many, but a quarter it would seem!

Charisma is important, authority even more so. I wouldn't pick a fight with David Moyes.

Serious question, can you name me one English club that doesn't have this?

Im not sure what you count as the old boys network but i do not think we should be getting people into coach just because they used to play for us.

My ideal recruitment process would be to find the likes of another alex inglethorpe, he had no connection with us, our youth players used to disappear now we are getting players go out and do well on loans and be around the first team squad.

I do not know if the is a transfer network for coaches but i can not belive a multi million pound business can not find a better striking coach then les ferdinand. He never came across as anything other then an instinctive finisher anyway and does not sound intelligent when speaking. I would prefer gareth crooks if we really have to have an old boy or greavsie.

Add to that i heard a quote from redknapp saying he wanted to bring through english coaches because they did not get enough of a chance. Does not seem to care as much about the english players as he is often slagging off the youth saying they have it to easy. Well i know townsend was staying behind putting in extra trainning he scores for us in a europa league game then what happens he plays krancjar. Im not a krancjar fan so it tinkled me off.

Not sure about other clubs because i do not really follow that many other clubs, i know brighton employed a former player who could not read but taught him to read so i guess poyet has a sort of old boys club down there as well.

His contract runs until the end of next season. I'd be happy for us to honour it and see how next year goes.

With no distractions for England, there can be no more excuses this time. He needs to understand the balance of rotating the squad and making the reserve players feel happy and wanted. If he can do that, we'll be successful under him again next season no doubt. If he can't, and we have another post-February collapse for a third year running, then it's time to go.

If he stays he should be offered a new contract. We could do without uncertainty over the manager's future derailing our season for a second year on the trot.

Do you genuinely believe that? I believe we are four, maybe five, players away from a title CHALLENGING side, let alone on capable of winning it.

It is not all about the players though.

I think leadership should come from the top and i include levy in this, as chairman he should be ripping into redknapp on a daily basis. Keep to the same message and the players will not get confused, i sensed it that the players did not know whether we should be going for the title or just going to church and thanking GHod that we are in the top division, between january and april redknapp changed his mind more times then my wife changes shoes before we go out.

Levy should be bringing in new fitness coaches and sports psycholgists to give us that extra little bit.

Do i think we can win the league, well it depends on how well man u buy over the summer but they are there for the taking, Emirates Marketing Project and chelsea i expect to come back strongly. So in all honesty i expect 3rd next year but we should not be as far behind as 20 points. If chelsea do not win the champs league i think them and city will focus a lot more on that.

It will be interesting to see how fit players come back from the euros this summer and could have an impact on next season, im hoping holland and croatia go out early and walker, parker and defoe do not go. Yes i think we should get 3rd and be only 5-10 points of the title next season.

So the poll shows that in a room full of 10 Spurs fans, 8 if them would want Harry to stay

Fairly reasonable if you ask me. 4th. 5th. 4th.

There's always going to be a couple of loonies in any room.

Back