• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Redknapp is probably the best manager we can get providing the players don't think he's off somewhere.
During the period where Redknapp was linked with his dream job, we had a record of p11 w3 d3 l5 1.09 (points per game).
Outside of that its p27 w17 d6 l4 2.11 points per game. That would have got us 80 points this season.
The same thing is not gonna happen next season. Bringing in another manager would be a gamble.

Next season will be another limbo year if he stays (last year of contract/before retirement etc.)

If he stay my stipulations would be that we bring in a DoF, a technical coach and a sports scientist to work with him (to compensate for his main weaknesses: transfers, tactics and fitness).

The sensible thing would be for Levy to give him a new 2 year contract and not to undermine him with staff he doesn't want.

Couldn't agree more, but I was curious about the Redknapp poll from last month and the name of the OP surprised me a bit.

We were in turmoil at the time - relegation form and most importantly - before Hodgson got the job.

The 50/50 outcome says it all

We also know that 4th constitutes a successful season so Levy would never fire him and lose money on top of that

This OP has started the poll only for one reason and nothing to do with Redknapp himself because he will NEVER be fired in the summer - he's simply doing a survey for himself - hence the public poll

Last edited:
Yes. Nothing has changed my mind and I'm not or turning. Especially if Chelsea do us the favour we shouldn't need!! I'd give the money to Martinez. Serious.

Yes. Nothing has changed my mind and I'm not or turning. Especially if Chelsea do us the favour we shouldn't need!! I'd give the money to Martinez. Serious.

How many months would it take Martinez to find a formation that works with Tottenham? It only look him until February (25 games winning 3 of them) this season with Wigan before he discovered his 3 at the back formation.

Lol. Wigan sell all of heir best players. He has to start every season from scratch. That's why they always come on strong in the final 3rd of the season.

This poll entirely depends on the clubs future plans and goals.Do I think HR deserves to be fired?No,he has done a solid job.Do I think he can take us to the next level?No

can i just say that the 'no' camp are winning!!!

we are winning !!!!!!

so there ISNT a conspiracy...no hidden agenda from the majority to have harry out.....and the 'pro harry' battlers are just arguing tirelessly against a minority or against themselves

this is fudging great.

but lock this thread just before kick off of the bayern game

I answered yes, although there is not chance in hell it's going to happen. It's not our performance this season I think warrants giving him the sack, I'm genuinely scared that he'll mess our club up badly if given enough time. I am - mildly put - not very convinced by his ability to think longer than a few months ahead. The upcoming transfer window is crucial for us, hopefully he poves me wrong.

Now is the time for a fresh start. I'm confident time will prove me right. The fact a new contract hasn't been offered speak volumes.

During the period where Redknapp was linked with his dream job, we had a record of p11 w3 d3 l5 1.09 (points per game).
Outside of that its p27 w17 d6 l4 2.11 points per game. That would have got us 80 points this season.
The same thing is not gonna happen next season. Bringing in another manager would be a gamble.

But look at those 11 games: Saudi Sportswashing Machine (H), Arsenal (A), Man Utd (H), Everton (A), Stoke (H), Chelsea (A), Swansea (H), Sunderland (A), Norwich (H), QPR (A), Blackburn (H). Even an optimist, even with our form at the time of the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game, wouldn't have been predicting more than about 20-23 points from that lot and we picked up 12. Ridiculous that people call that a 'collapse'. A few years back under Jol this was called decent top 6 form! Fact is, we ran into a tougher run of fixtures, we had injuries to key players and a lost of form to our key striker, and things evened themselves out. No neeed to bring the England situation into it.

Why not? We need a transfer strategy again. We also need someone who can think long term (rather than a 65 yo in the last year of his contract).

I think we just need better scouts. Didn't one of our best scouts go to Saudi Sportswashing Machine (according to Greg anyway).

A Dof is just another ego added to the mix.

We also need to get players in early so they can settle in before the pre season and train with the rest of the squad before the season begins. Not rocket science is it? And yet we seem to be incapable of bringing players in early for the most part.

This thread is genius

All jerkiness has been removed

mjahrq.png

This thread is genius

All jerkiness has been removed
You won't be reading this, but jerkiness? How is having a different opinion than you jerkiness? I have lots of opinions about our club I know a lot of people will disagree with, hopefully they'll all put me on their ignore list as I have no intention of discussing anything with people like yourself. Here they are:

- I want Harry out.
- I think van der Vaart is massively over-rated by most Spurs fans
- I would rather have Clint Dempsey.
- I think Levy is a genius.
- I think Bale and Modric are sensationally good players, and I don't think we'll see Tottenham have two players who I consider among the best 15-20 footballers in the world again unless we do a Emirates Marketing Project.
- I think we got the 3rd best team in the league and I'm disappointed that we finished 4th.
- I really, really hope we don't sign Adebayor if that means paying him more than our current wage cap.

Carry on.

You won't be reading this, but jerkiness? How is having a different opinion than you jerkiness? I have lots of opinions about our club I know a lot of people will disagree with, hopefully they'll all put me on their ignore list as I have no intention of discussing anything with people like yourself. Here they are:

- I want Harry out.
- I think van der Vaart is massively over-rated by most Spurs fans
- I would rather have Clint Dempsey.
- I think Levy is a genius.
- I think Bale and Modric are sensationally good players, and I don't think we'll see Tottenham have two players who I consider among the best 15-20 footballers in the world again unless we do a Emirates Marketing Project.
- I think we got the 3rd best team in the league and I'm disappointed that we finished 4th.
- I really, really hope we don't sign Adebayor if that means paying him more than our current wage cap.

Carry on.

:D

It was a joke

I don't have anybody on permanent ignore! (except DHSF)

What is a forum without opinions?

Back