• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
I just can't see a 65 year old with a bit of a dingdongie heart hanging around for a length of time. Terrible managerial decisions and pimping himself out to England aside, I cant see how Harry can be the future.

Considering most Managers don't last two or three seasons, I don't think getting a Manager for the "future" is really an option anyway. Bottom line is Fergie and Wenger are exceptions to the rule. The chances of Spurs getting a Manager and having them stay at the club for longer than 5 years is a long shot. We'll either fire them because they don't achieve what we think they should (e.g. Jol saying at the weekend that finishes 5th in his second season wasn't deemed good enough) or they'll use us a stepping stone.

So exactly how does an unrelated team winning an unrelated match suddenly make HR deserve the sack?

It's not unrelated, it has a massive bearing on the short-medium term future of the football club. If he'd done his job properly then we wouldn't be in this position of hoping Bayern Munich can help us qualify for the CL. No CL = no Modric and most likely no Bale. I don't want Harry in charge of a rebuild, I'd rather we started afresh.

Considering most Managers don't last two or three seasons, I don't think getting a Manager for the "future" is really an option anyway. Bottom line is Fergie and Wenger are exceptions to the rule. The chances of Spurs getting a Manager and having them stay at the club for longer than 5 years is a long shot. We'll either fire them because they don't achieve what we think they should (e.g. Jol saying at the weekend that finishes 5th in his second season wasn't deemed good enough) or they'll use us a stepping stone.

Didn't Harry already try that one?

It is a good point you make though about the short term nature of management these days. Whilst I agree that Fergie and WEnger are exceptions, Moyes too I suppose, should we at least AIM for the same sort of thing?

I just can't see a 65 year old with a bit of a dingdongie heart hanging around for a length of time. Terrible managerial decisions and pimping himself out to England aside, I cant see how Harry can be the future.

I'm not saying we should give him ?ú100m, but somewhere between ?ú30-?ú50m for the two windows combined would be about right IMO. He can't be expected to keep getting us in the top 4 with ?ú5m to spend.

Fergie is still going strong at 70. I'd give him another year. GHod forbid if his health takes a turn for the worse, then we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

We're playing our best football since 60-61 you ask should Harry be fired?

Give me strength!

Im 30 now so its hard to comment, but weren't we playing some decent stuff in the late 80's when Clive Allen was up front under Shreeves & Pleat?

Anyway, I dont really see what the 1973/74 season has to do with Harry staying or going? This is 2012.

Im 30 now so its hard to comment, but weren't we playing some decent stuff in the late 80's when Clive Allen was up front under Shreeves & Pleat?

Anyway, I dont really see what the 1973/74 season has to do with Harry staying or going? This is 2012.

It was more individual players that were great to watch, than the team playing magical team football. At least under Pleat. We played some really good stuff under Burkinshaw....

I'm not saying we should give him ?ú100m, but somewhere between ?ú30-?ú50m for the two windows combined would be about right IMO. He can't be expected to keep getting us in the top 4 with ?ú5m to spend.

Fergie is still going strong at 70. I'd give him another year. GHod forbid if his health takes a turn for the worse, then we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Fair enough. I can see the logic if we were to say, "Ok we have to save until the stadium is built. Its gonna be a shoestring budget for the next 3-4 years", then I would keep him, because; he's already here and we wouldn't attract the calibre of manager to justify sacking Harry under those circumstances.

Outside of financial considerations, for footballing reasons/football connected issues i would certainly be looking to move him on.

he's a done a very good job for us and maybe we could get a better manager but under the current circumstances anyone would be hard pushed to improve on 4th, 5th and 4th in the last 3 seasons.

you've got 2 clubs bankrolled by billionaires and the richest club in the world and that's without even considering arsenal and liverpool.

this poll is a load of nonsense - trying to get people to commit themselves in such a way that you can beat down their opinions

Exactly - yet another extremist thread who will be turned personal against the heretics who dared to question the Master!

Why is it even public? Are you gonna take notes again of who voted 'yes' just like you did on the old board in the old Classics thread of Redknapp's appointment and then discard those poster's opinions based on some assumed deeper agenda they had

If you are unable to tolerate opinion different to yours and unable to accept that your opinion in just that and not a fact cast is stone - why do you insist on this so much?

Completely pointless poll and fudge all to do with Redknapp whom we all know Levy will NEVER fire in the summer unless he suffers brain damage or something - more fuel for the personal agenda. NOTHING more

Last edited:

True that season was similarly entertaining, but it was one season only. The Burkinshaw years were also pretty good but although we had some outstanding players during that time and won a few trophies we were never quite as classy on the pitch as we are now.

Next season will be Harry's fifth as our manager. The longer he stays the happier I will be.

I voted yes because I think it's a stupid poll. Or did I mean to vote no? I can't remember what i meant to do. Maybe the pointlessness of the question got to me.

or does it not really matter cos it's just fan forum? hmmm.

he's a done a very good job for us and maybe we could get a better manager but under the current circumstances anyone would be hard pushed to improve on 4th, 5th and 4th in the last 3 seasons.

you've got 2 clubs bankrolled by billionaires and the richest club in the world and that's without even considering arsenal and liverpool.

THIS 100% =D>

I dont like harry but these are fair points

Good point. I mean we could sack him and go for Rodgers or Martinez, but that would be hugely risky as neither of them have managed a team as high as we are or a club of the stature that we are. Mourinho is pipe dream as far as I'm concerned despite Spurs fans wishing him to be our next manager. Redknapp is easily one of the top 6 managers in the league.

Completely pointless poll and fudge all to do with Redknapp whom we all know Levy will NEVER fire in the summer unless he suffers brain damage or something - more fuel for the personal agenda. NOTHING more

Couldn't agree more, but I was curious about the Redknapp poll from last month and the name of the OP surprised me a bit.

Next season will be another limbo year if he stays (last year of contract/before retirement etc.)

If he stay my stipulations would be that we bring in a DoF, a technical coach and a sports scientist to work with him (to compensate for his main weaknesses: transfers, tactics and fitness).

Next season will be another limbo year if he stays (last year of contract/before retirement etc.)

If he stay my stipulations would be that we bring in a DoF, a technical coach and a sports scientist to work with him (to compensate for his main weaknesses: transfers, tactics and fitness).

NO, JUST NO!!

I agree with the rest.

Back