• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
To be susinct and not repeat at length the reasons why I am not Harry's greatest fan:

1. His transfer dealings
2. His squad depletion
3. His tactical awareness
4. His lack of respect for us fans
5. His wish for Chelski to win the CL
6. His team selection
7. His lack of legacy
8. The former clubs he has decimated
9. His inability to take responsibilty
10. His apparent belief that we have played well all season
11. Poor results against main opponents w 1, d2 l5
12 Major defeats 1-5, 1-5, 2-5
13 Abject performances; Sunderland (a), Liverpool (a), Wolves (h), Norwich (h), Arse (a) Villa (a) QPR (a)
14 Lack of goals from freekicks and corners
15. Defending freekicks and corners

How much more "proof" do you need that H is not the Messiah but a very naughty boy?

:ross:

The sad thing is, you probably do believe you just proved he is a bad manager.

For a start, most of those things are opinion or could be said of any manager. Some are just not true. And if you want to judge a manager, you look at the GOOD and the bad. Rather than make a list of bad things to suit an already formed conclusion.

We go into the final day of the season with a great chance of 4th and a possibility of 3rd. It matches our best ever PL season (which was also achieved by HR). How the fudge is Harry anything lower than a really good manager. The proof is in his league positions with every club he manages.

People keep mentioning recent form as if we were amazing and then Harry came in and ruined it all. He got us there in the first place. Arsenal had a bad spell followed by good, we had a good spell followed by bad. It happens, so you judge a season after 38 games. 4th is excellent, no matter where we were at one point.

To be susinct and not repeat at length the reasons why I am not Harry's greatest fan:

1. His transfer dealings
2. His squad depletion
6. His team selection
7. His lack of legacy
13 Abject performances; Sunderland (a), Liverpool (a), Wolves (h), Norwich (h), Arse (a) Villa (a) QPR (a)

How much more "proof" do you need that H is not the Messiah but a very naughty boy?

thats not how to spell succinct. It went downhill from there.

Congratulations. You just lost the argument. By concentrating on an innane technicality and not addressing any of the valid points I made when you challenged me to give my reasons for saying that H is not the best manager, by your own definitions you failed to win the argument. Well done.

Congratulations. You just lost the argument. By concentrating on an innane technicality and not addressing any of the valid points I made when you challenged me to give my reasons for saying that H is not the best manager, by your own definitions you failed to win the argument. Well done.

Congratulation on appointing yourself as winner (bit like HR, no?)

1. His transfer dealings
2. His squad depletion
6. His team selection
7. His lack of legacy

1, 6, 7, 10, 13 you are completely wrong about. He has been fine on all these accounts.

In fact the only ones I agree with you fully on are 2 (but only from this January), 11, 12, 14 and 15.

Have to agree with Mick on most of the points he has raised. Some of the comments I have been reading about Harry border on paranoid conspiracy theories with very little supporting evidence. To say he wants Chelsea to win the CL is bordering on mental as that could well be at our expense, why would that be in his interest?

Your point being that Harry wants Chelsea to win the CL thus denying us a place.

You do not have one single ounce of credibility if that is the point you're making, and I don't care what half-arsed, out-of-context quote you can dig up to try and justify it. It is complete, total and absolute gonads.

:ross:

The sad thing is, you probably do believe you just proved he is a bad manager.

For a start, most of those things are opinion or could be said of any manager. Some are just not true. And if you want to judge a manager, you look at the GOOD and the bad. Rather than make a list of bad things to suit an already formed conclusion.

We go into the final day of the season with a great chance of 4th and a possibility of 3rd. It matches our best ever PL season (which was also achieved by HR). How the fudge is Harry anything lower than a really good manager. The proof is in his league positions with every club he manages.

People keep mentioning recent form as if we were amazing and then Harry came in and ruined it all. He got us there in the first place. Arsenal had a bad spell followed by good, we had a good spell followed by bad. It happens, so you judge a season after 38 games. 4th is excellent, no matter where we were at one point.

While I too agree that we should judge the full season and not selected games in between, the real question is whether another manager would have helped us finish better. Note that we have a squad that boasts quite a number of talents that it becomes hard to imagine we are not challenging for 4th. The depletion of the squad mid-way through the campaign is a correct observation...and our replacements have not been inspiring, but pretty much hopeful at best.

its definitely possible that a better coach could do more than harry in my view. however taking that risk is another matter...we haven't been too good at it lately. who is available - timing - is also a concern.

but if our star players leave because we missed out of a couple of points, and spiral downwards back into mid table mediocrity next season... would you still say Harry did well? our best season? or a wasted one?

i don't have answers nor do I intend to have one ... its just one of those things that you could talk about forever.

I was being susinct

1, 6, 7, 10, 13 you are completely wrong about. He has been fine on all these accounts.

In fact the only ones I agree with you fully on are 2 (but only from this January), 11, 12, 14 and 15.

Really?

So you think HR deliberately ran the squad down do you, it was his choice to weaken his squad, and not to bolster it? I somehow doubt that he allowed that to happen either as a conscious decision of by a lack of concentration.
Attacking and defending corners are the players responsibility, not Redknapps, the farcical notion that either skill is not discussed or rehearsed is comical.

Losses against main opponents, errm - thats why they are top of the league by a big margin, they have a better resource pool and more money. It ignors Saudi Sportswashing Machine results as well. The big losses, they always hurt, the idea that they are solely HRs is also a joke, but if you want to take the captain of the ship line, then thats a matter for you to decide.

Really?

So you think HR deliberately ran the squad down do you, it was his choice to weaken his squad, and not to bolster it? I somehow doubt that he allowed that to happen either as a conscious decision of by a lack of concentration.
Attacking and defending corners are the players responsibility, not Redknapps, the farcical notion that either skill is not discussed or rehearsed is comical.

Losses against main opponents, errm - thats why they are top of the league by a big margin, they have a better resource pool and more money. It ignors Saudi Sportswashing Machine results as well. The big losses, they always hurt, the idea that they are solely HRs is also a joke, but if you want to take the captain of the ship line, then thats a matter for you to decide.

I think decisions were made in January to let certain players go on loan, when they shouldn't have been. Specifically Corluka and Pienaar. I would have liked for us to have made them stay.

As for the competition against the big teams, I do accept that the first two games of the season was perfection and that we were unlucky against Chelsea/City away. We should have got at least a point against Arsenal at theirs having been 2-0 up. I don't think our performances have been reflected in the results (against a lot of teams, not just the big teams) but the point made only reflects results and not performances so that is what I was respondng too.

I think decisions were made in January to let certain players go on loan, when they shouldn't have been. Specifically Corluka and Pienaar. I would have liked for us to have made them stay.

As for the competition against the big teams, I do accept that the first two games of the season was perfection and that we were unlucky against Chelsea/City away. We should have got at least a point against Arsenal at theirs having been 2-0 up. I don't think our performances have been reflected in the results (against a lot of teams, not just the big teams) but the point made only reflects results and not performances so that is what I was respondng too.

Fair comment.

Thanks for explaining

Really?

POT. KETTLE. BLACK.

VDV has said he was shocked we never practiced corners or free kicks. The evidence that this is true is before our eyes every game and the statistics back it up.

In january, H let Corluka, Bassong, Pav and Piennar go. He brought in Saha and Nelsen. We have no direct replacement for Ade, Lennon, Bale, BAE, Modric or Walker. You still think he has managed the squad well?

Last edited:
POT. KETTLE. BLACK.

VDV has said he was shocked we never practiced corners or free kicks. The evidence that this is true is before our eyes every game.

vdV hitting the first defender with half his corners didn't help. You think he needs coaching in not doing that?

And what about the vdV to Walker volley from a corner in the first half....are you telling us that was spontaneous?

vdV hitting the first defender with half his corners didn't help. You think he needs coaching in not doing that?

And what about the vdV to Walker volley from a corner in the first half....are you telling us that was spontaneous?

I think the fact that Bale very obviously always makes the near post run and had a good little scoring run from that position earlier in the season shows we practice them.

I think Rafa is just surprised that the focus is more on individual expression rather than a long, drawn out, rigid 'You MUST! follow this pattern' kind of preparation. We definitely practice them. Rafa has even defended the fact that we don't practice them as much, saying that a goal from a corner results from a good corner landing on the head of a good run, and there's only so many times that can be practiced.

We definitely practice them though. To say we don't is as silly as saying that all Harry tells the players to do is 'run around a bit'.

Chancer, can I ask you an honest question

Do you think Arry is ever accountable for anything in this club or responsbile to receive constructive criticism from fans, the board, etc.? (nothing to do with your corners post - just a general query)

Last edited:
I've come to the conclusion that our fans are amongst the thickest in England sadly.

Listen i've stated that i honestly feel Arry thinks about Arry way more then he does Tottenham hotspur football club and i blame him for our collapse and results since the Gooner game but are people honestly trying to tell me they think he's a defensive coach? :ross::ross::ross:

The reason for our collapse was that we were too offensive if anything. He'd play 4-4-2 in games where he shouldn't have, he'd stick niko fudging Kranjcar on the right as well as the 4-4-2, he'd panic when we haven't broken a team down playing 4-4-1-1 and throw on defoe which resulted in us messing up even more. Now he's getting abuse for noticing the 'throwing on Defoe' tactic rarely if works and tried something different....AND WE HAD 10 MEN....10 MEN...10 VS 11..AWAY FROM HOME...10 VS 11.....TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR 10 MEN VS ASTON VILLA 11 MEN.

Some bozo yesterday stated that "a draw is just as bad as a loss":ross: you couldn't make it up.

The through on Defoe tatic has worked in quite a few matches. It has not backfired either, there have been nio matches when we were winning or drwaing and we have gone on to draw or lose, there have been matches when we were drawing and have gone ion to win.

We have also done better when Defoe is in the team, then when he has not been, our results overall are better, our best results of the season have been when he has played.

He has not been played much lately and we have not done well lately. Hary has a nasty habit of losing the big games and the important ones. Harry has been sh it lately , does not have a sure touch.

Chancer, can I ask you an honest question

Do you think Arry is ever accountable for anything in this club or responsbile to recevie constructive criticism from fans, the board, etc.? (nothing to do with your corners post - just a general query)

Same question can be asked of Mick

Back