• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
I've come to the conclusion that our fans are amongst the thickest in England sadly.

Listen i've stated that i honestly feel Arry thinks about Arry way more then he does Tottenham hotspur football club and i blame him for our collapse and results since the Gooner game but are people honestly trying to tell me they think he's a defensive coach? :ross::ross::ross:

The reason for our collapse was that we were too offensive if anything. He'd play 4-4-2 in games where he shouldn't have, he'd stick niko fudging Kranjcar on the right as well as the 4-4-2, he'd panic when we haven't broken a team down playing 4-4-1-1 and throw on defoe which resulted in us messing up even more. Now he's getting abuse for noticing the 'throwing on Defoe' tactic rarely if works and tried something different....AND WE HAD 10 MEN....10 MEN...10 VS 11..AWAY FROM HOME...10 VS 11.....TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR 10 MEN VS ASTON VILLA 11 MEN.

Some bozo yesterday stated that "a draw is just as bad as a loss":ross: you couldn't make it up.

it only seems that way cause these are the views you read often. i am almost certain that we are all as thick as every other fan in the cosmos in all sports equally. especially in the prem

people with emotional and irrational views are at every corner

so whats the crack now, you cannot question anything Harry does in a game for fear of being shouted down as having an irrational hatred of him ?

we should not bother questioning anything because it was no doubt the right thing to do and any other manager would have done exactly the same thing ?

the only thing which should be posted is that we are in full support of everyone at the club and they always do the right things/play to their best and never make mistakes ?

you are wrong to have an opinion that opposes any of those who shout the loudest at you for not subscribing to their way of thought ?

it's ok to be hyper critical of certain players = Ekotto/Kaboul/VdV etc but dare not criticize some aspects of club legends such as Peter Crouch, Scott Parker and Brad Friedel

you can't make abusive posts towards people who are in the pro camp but it's ok to out of hand insult anyone and everyone who holds the opposite opinion

Top post, agree wholeheartedly

Might as well close down the forum since different opinion or discusson is not tolerated while a single truth is forced upon much like in the middle ages. Ridiculous polarisation and hypocrisy

are you able to offer a reply without throwing in a personal insult?

Yes I can, I apologise if you thought I was being rude, but I had a choice of immature or childish, as I couldn't think of another word to describe how naive and simplistic your post was. I am not responsible for what you say, so if you say things like that - I can only respond to what you post.

If you believe that I have been unfair to you then I am sorry, I don't know what else to say, except to lie to you, so I don't hurt your feelings.

so whats the crack now, you cannot question anything Harry does in a game for fear of being shouted down as having an irrational hatred of him ?

we should not bother questioning anything because it was no doubt the right thing to do and any other manager would have done exactly the same thing ?

the only thing which should be posted is that we are in full support of everyone at the club and they always do the right things/play to their best and never make mistakes ?

you are wrong to have an opinion that opposes any of those who shout the loudest at you for not subscribing to their way of thought ?

it's ok to be hyper critical of certain players = Ekotto/Kaboul/VdV etc but dare not criticize some aspects of club legends such as Peter Crouch, Scott Parker and Brad Friedel

you can't make abusive posts towards people who are in the pro camp but it's ok to out of hand insult anyone and everyone who holds the opposite opinion

Of course you can, thats a daft thing to say, but it depends on how you say things doesn't it?

Some people post opinions and say that anyone who disagrees is a macaron - or worse. OK its only one person.
Other people post in such an aggressive way and use such disparaging terms that it almost stifles debate.

But my stance has always been simple. I'll state facts, and you counterract them with facts of your own, and we'll see whose facts make the more compelling argument.

All the anti camp seem to do is slag him off - whatever he does.

Mick it's exactly this type of generalization that is the problem - bunching everyone, who has something negative to say against anything Harry does, in together

I see your point, as you are one of the rational ones - but my heavens! You should see the brickstorm from our side of the fence - it might be unfair to generalise, because you get caught in the net, but there are precious few people on the anti side of the fence who are prepared to use some form of reason, see chancers post for details.

I'm not being abusive or rude, about anyone (I'd like to, but I'll get banned) so I am very careful to only comment on posts and their content.

I too have reservations about HR, and sometimes he does things that I don't see a point to. I don't feel the need to join any bandwagons though, as most of the things are meaningless without far greater understanding of the big picture. The substitutions at the weekend were the result of careful deliberation, I'm sure, yet he is accused of being bereft of all ideas, primarily on the basis that he didn't execute the abusers preferred option, or worse that he actually wants us not to win!

Tell me where the logic is in that kind of post..........

I really don't see why people can't be more sanguine about events, they are outside of all our control, we are merely observers, why does there have to be a spacegoat for the collective disappointment of the masses? Why is it always the same person.

Its the lack of logic that is the hardest to deal with.

precisely - YOU THINK, you actually know nothing of what goes on in his head, so you - and others like you, simply make stuff up - and then batter him with it.

What I said about you is correct

what you said about Harry is conjecture and fantasy

This is probably the most pompous self serving drivel I have ever read on here.

So you alone on here are the only person who is allowed to put forward a view as fact? Everything on here is thought and opinion. There are very few facts and cast iron certainties. If you cant see another persons argument then you are indeed a pure egoist, who doesnt think, put forward arguments and justify them - you just state what you believe to be the absolute truth and to hell with anyone who has the temerity to take a different view.

So you alone on here are the only person who is allowed to put forward a view as fact? Everything on here is thought and opinion. There are very few facts and cast iron certainties. If you cant see another persons argument then you are indeed a pure egoist, who doesnt think, put forward arguments and justify them - you just state what you believe to be the absolute truth and to hell with anyone who has the temerity to take a different view.

not at all, but if it helps you understand where you are in this discussion - you have resorted to insulting me, so that means that you have lost a reasonable discussion and cannot substantiate anything that you have to say.

You have also just cemented my argument by stating that there are no facts, and that is the core of the point I was making. You have been really vocal all the way along banging away on the Harry is poison drum, without ever giving a substantial reason to get rid of him, beyond your blind prejudice. All of the reasons for keeping a manager are there to see, and yet you still want rid of him. You are one of the ones who will find any excuse to bitch about him, and if I was bored - or anal enough to do so, I could probably find evidence of you contradicting yourself as you trip from one tirade to the next.

I have not made any comments about Redknapps continued employment other than to consistently bring up his results, his sustained record and the continued evidence of the massive improvement of the teams play, both aesthetically and in terms of their difficulty to beat and the negative tactics that teams have to adopt to stop getting hosed by landslide results. Thats the only view I have expressed, show me I'm wrong and I'll apologise.

I can see your comments, but I see no evidence of an argument supported by anything more concrete than your opinions, bias and cant.

Put something down that actually means something, not media tattle, historical disaffection of WHU and S'oton supporters or unproven allegations. Show good solid reasons to support what you have to say.

I did it, and not one of you and your crowd had anything to say, apart from sniping by the stalker I have developed.

I can respect the views of anyone who can express them with something to back them up, even if I disagree. The day that you or anyone else can provide good reasons for him to go, I'll change sides and hold your banners up. Until then, I'm afraid you will have to put up with me, and all of the other posters who see the hollowness of your standpoint, refuting the views that you air.

Pirate - unfortunately the thread title itself passes off itself as "fact". I mean reading that title, and a number of posts on here, it comes across as if Harry set his stall out from the 1st second to get a draw. Its ridiculous.

If Harry wanted to settle for a draw, as soon as we made it 1-1 he would have put on Parker and played a solid 441.

not at all, but if it helps you understand where you are in this discussion - you have resorted to insulting me, so that means that you have lost a reasonable discussion and cannot substantiate anything that you have to say.

You have also just cemented my argument by stating that there are no facts, and that is the core of the point I was making. You have been really vocal all the way along banging away on the Harry is poison drum, without ever giving a substantial reason to get rid of him, beyond your blind prejudice. All of the reasons for keeping a manager are there to see, and yet you still want rid of him. You are one of the ones who will find any excuse to bitch about him, and if I was bored - or anal enough to do so, I could probably find evidence of you contradicting yourself as you trip from one tirade to the next.

I have not made any comments about Redknapps continued employment other than to consistently bring up his results, his sustained record and the continued evidence of the massive improvement of the teams play, both aesthetically and in terms of their difficulty to beat and the negative tactics that teams have to adopt to stop getting hosed by landslide results. Thats the only view I have expressed, show me I'm wrong and I'll apologise.

I can see your comments, but I see no evidence of an argument supported by anything more concrete than your opinions, bias and cant.

Put something down that actually means something, not media tattle, historical disaffection of WHU and S'oton supporters or unproven allegations. Show good solid reasons to support what you have to say.

I did it, and not one of you and your crowd had anything to say, apart from sniping by the stalker I have developed.

I can respect the views of anyone who can express them with something to back them up, even if I disagree. The day that you or anyone else can provide good reasons for him to go, I'll change sides and hold your banners up. Until then, I'm afraid you will have to put up with me, and all of the other posters who see the hollowness of your standpoint, refuting the views that you air.

To be susinct and not repeat at length the reasons why I am not Harry's greatest fan:

1. His transfer dealings
2. His squad depletion
3. His tactical awareness
4. His lack of respect for us fans
5. His wish for Chelski to win the CL
6. His team selection
7. His lack of legacy
8. The former clubs he has decimated
9. His inability to take responsibilty
10. His apparent belief that we have played well all season
11. Poor results against main opponents w 1, d2 l5
12 Major defeats 1-5, 1-5, 2-5
13 Abject performances; Sunderland (a), Liverpool (a), Wolves (h), Norwich (h), Arse (a) Villa (a) QPR (a)
14 Lack of goals from freekicks and corners
15. Defending freekicks and corners

How much more "proof" do you need that H is not the Messiah but a very naughty boy?

Last edited:
Pirate - unfortunately the thread title itself passes off itself as "fact". I mean reading that title, and a number of posts on here, it comes across as if Harry set his stall out from the 1st second to get a draw. Its ridiculous.

If Harry wanted to settle for a draw, as soon as we made it 1-1 he would have put on Parker and played a solid 441.

i have never made any comment about his substitution in the Villa game - either the personnel or the timing. My complaint is about the approach to these type of games. We dont go at teams like this (Sunderland, Everton, Liverpool) and try and impose right from the start. We started against Villa in second gear and only upped the tempo after half time - too late. Villa were there to be taken - no Bent, no Agbonlahor and they had lost at home to all our main rivals. We didnt show enough balls early on to grab the game and make it ours. THAT is what I blame Harry for.

Back