• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
lol at this thread.

such passion! we beat bolton, nailed on relegation candidates.

Harry will be lucky to keep his job after the run weve had - if we dont get CL.

we didnt play much better last night that at any point in the relegation form period, which on the whole was pretty well - we just didnt finish abundant chances for half a season despite playing well.

but thats the point. its about results, about playing good football that gets us places. if Harry dosnt manage this because he hitches his skirt for the FA, or whatever the excuse, the players still need to finish chances and if they dont, the manager gets the bullet. Thats how it works for Spurs.

lol at this thread.

we didnt play much better last night that at any point in the relegation form period, which on the whole was pretty well - we just didnt finish abundant chances for half a season despite playing well.

but thats the point. its about results, about playing good football that gets us places. if Harry dosnt manage this because he hitches his skirt for the FA, or whatever the excuse, the players still need to finish chances and if they dont, the manager gets the bullet. Thats how it works for Spurs.

Absolutely spot on.

How fudging hard is it to get?

We play great football and are 3rd in the table 10 points clear? Great, praise for Harry!

We win 1 match in 9 whilst Harry is sleepwalking through the season waiting for 'the call' and in doing so slide to 5th and needing to win our final 4 matches to have a chance? No great, slagging for the manager!

Yet this is inconprehensible to the Harry cum swallowers?

Strange.

I don't loike the man, but I like Spurs winning more than I dislike Harry. If we get Champs League football then great.

If Harry stays and we continue to challenge next year? Great.

I suspect we'll get neither.

lol at this thread.

and you dont see any other differences between the games?

Bolton had to come at us as they need the points with 2 games to go

We showed everyone what happens if you have a go at us - Which is why we continually face ambitionless defend at all cost teams, that put 9 men behind the ball.

Some get lucky and we went through a bad period of losing out to the odd goal and not being able to break down the opposition - its far simpler to sit back and defend as an 8 man unit, than it is to continually run up and down the pitch all game trying to find a way in.

Absolutely spot on.

We play great football and are 3rd in the table 10 points clear? Great, praise for Harry!

We win 1 match in 9 whilst Harry is sleepwalking through the season waiting for 'the call' and in doing so slide to 5th and needing to win our final 4 matches to have a chance? No great, slagging for the manager!

Strange.

I don't loike the man, but I like Spurs winning more than I dislike Harry. If we get Champs League football then great.

is there any need for that?

Absolutely spot on.

Strange.

Do you honestly think he spent these last few months actually doing less as a manager because of the England speculation? Do you think he spent any less time on preparation, training, concentrating during a match etc etc because he was linked with England? Seriously?

The way it affected us, was confidence. In terms of actual time and effort spent managing the side, his heart problems and court case would have had more chance of affecting his ability to actually 'be' our manager in terms of what he could actually do with us and the players. I'm certain that when the link started, nothing about his job at Spurs or his duties changed. He didn't become less of a manager.

But it was confidence that did it, I'm sure of it. In a game of such fine margins, when a player knows that the manager giving them instructions is likely to leave it will undermine that manager. Harry didn't do anything different to Roy, and WBA's form didn't slide, so it was the media speculation that caused it. It happened with SAF retiring, and it happened when Blanc was at Bordeux before going to France. When it seems like a cast-iron certainty that the manager is leaving it will affect the players.

Harry didn't suddenly start putting in less effort or become a worse manager.

Absolutely spot on.

Strange.

It's amazing though that there were none of these Harry is great comments or threads when we were on our run of 0 wins in 9 million games (but we were playing well dont forget, playing well wins points too) soon as we beat a hopeless blackburn and a struggling bolton they remove their lips from his **** to post how great he is.

It's amazing though that there were none of these Harry is great comments or threads when we were on our run of 0 wins in 9 million games (but we were playing well dont forget, playing well wins points too) soon as we beat a hopeless blackburn and a struggling bolton they remove their lips from his **** to post how great he is.

absolute tosh - all the way through the period as the dissenters and whiners got louder and louder, the same people came out and continued to speak out for him.

If you keep shouting at the top of your voice - you will never hear what anyone else has to say.

absolute tosh - all the way through the period as the dissenters and whiners got louder and louder, the same people came out and continued to speak out for him.

If you keep shouting at the top of your voice - you will never hear what anyone else has to say.

You don't need to listen if they are clearly fiddling whilst Rome burns.....

Do you honestly think he spent these last few months actually doing less as a manager because of the England speculation? Do you think he spent any less time on preparation, training, concentrating during a match etc etc because he was linked with England? Seriously?
The way it affected us, was confidence. In terms of actual time and effort spent managing the side, his heart problems and court case would have had more chance of affecting his ability to actually 'be' our manager in terms of what he could actually do with us and the players. I'm certain that when the link started, nothing about his job at Spurs or his duties changed. He didn't become less of a manager.

But it was confidence that did it, I'm sure of it. In a game of such fine margins, when a player knows that the manager giving them instructions is likely to leave it will undermine that manager. Harry didn't do anything different to Roy, and WBA's form didn't slide, so it was the media speculation that caused it. It happened with SAF retiring, and it happened when Blanc was at Bordeux before going to France. When it seems like a cast-iron certainty that the manager is leaving it will affect the players.

Harry didn't suddenly start putting in less effort or become a worse manager.

Not deliberately, no.

Absolutely spot on.

Strange.

if we get third,goons 4th and chelski win champs league i gladly have a pearl necklace off harry boy!!!!:p

Harry Redknapp joins BBC Sport Euro 2012 team

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp is to join the BBC Sport team as a pundit during Euro 2012.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17935726

Isn't he busy you know, dealing with transfers this summer?...

Such a brick decision.

a) He's gonna be there breathing down the neck of the guy that beat him to the job and who he apparently 'wishes the best' to? Poor poor taste.
b) He's meant to be having a rest?
c) More prominance in the national media and for fans of other teams? Is that what we REALLY need?

I despair, I really do.

Excellent interview.

What we now have is those who completely lost the head in the last few weeks - the "twitchy old pr1ck" crowd - trying to claim they we just saying what they'd said all along about Harry. This is not true though. Lots of people have had doubts about him. That's fine - dislike how much he talks to the media, or his formations or his signings. All legit criticism if that's what you see and believe.

But what we saw in the last few weeks was something different. It turned into a free-for-all, whereby every mention of the man's name was worthy of ridicule, vulgar abuse and nasty personalised comments. All perspective was lost. Threads about entirely innocuous Redknapp comments were twisted and turned to make them sound as bad as possible - you know, "Harry wants Chelsea to win CL and cost us our place!!"...fudging gonads like that. This was not standard "I don't like him" stuff. It was knee-jerkery based on a bad run of a half dozen games. A half fudging dozen games in 4 seasons of excellent results! Pathetic. It was bottle-jobbery of the first order and at least one or two of you should have the decency to admit as much - there's no shame in being passionate and losing the head a wee bit. That's fine and totally standard for all of us fans at some point. What's not fine is attempting a post-facto justification - that you were just repeating what you've always said - that isn't true. Show us your posts when we were beating Milan or 0-2 up at the Emirates where you were complaining and you might be believed. Otherwise, man up and admit you lost the head.

Glad there appears to be better bottle in the dressing room than here.

As its obviously impossible for any of us to have objective opinions on the matter without being put in the "Harry Cum Guzzler" camp or the "I hate Harry Redknapp" camp.

Surely the most appropriate response would be erect a large concrete wall and congregate amongst our peers. Whether that be by burning effigies of the "twitchy one" or wearing large amounts of the Marks & Spencers Autograph range (ala Jamie) to declare our undying love for the Redknapp clan as we suckle on his saggy teet.

There is no middle ground

Probably not, come on mate......just a bit o banter!

I just thought it would be nice if we can disagree, and continue to make our points to and fro, without inflammatory statements trying to belittle each opposing side, for holding contrary views.

rather than go down the route that wriggly takes and slag off everything and everyone - like a demented pitbull with a hatful of really angry wasps up its arse.

Not that, in the spirit of mutual respect, I would ever infer that wriggly posts in that vein.

As its obviously impossible for any of us to have objective opinions on the matter without being put in the "Harry Cum Guzzler" camp or the "I hate Harry Redknapp" camp.

Surely the most appropriate response would be erect a large concrete wall and congregate amongst our peers. Whether that be by burning effigies of the "twitchy one" or wearing large amounts of the Marks & Spencers Autograph range (ala Jamie) to declare our undying love for the Redknapp clan as we suckle on his saggy teet.

There is no middle ground

particularly when the support for Harry thread is filled with anti Harry people shouting the pro camp down

Back