• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Seriously though Wriggly, was my Campbell/Redknapp point valid?

I wish you had just came out and asked me the question, we could have nipped it in the bud.

Seriously though Wriggly, was my Campbell/Redknapp point valid?

I wish you had just came out and asked me the question, we could have nipped it in the bud.

I asked you "You're actually saying that it is ok to abuse someone ?"

You've answered it by saying its fine to abuse Campbell for something he said and done, but its not ok to abuse Redknapp for something he said and done.

Were good to move on now.

I could probably get a million infraction points with people like you around. Harry Redknapp has done an amazing job at Spurs. Sol Campbell did the worst thing possible for football fans. There isnt a thing HR can do that will come close. That is why one deserves abuse, the other doesnt. Is that clear ?

As for why you dislike HR, no idea. Everyone knows there has been a bad spell, but you cant just pick out every negative thing to back up your already formed conclusion. Half the stuff you think he has done is just in your head, and you just highlight it in hope everyone hates him as much as you do. Sadly for you, most people are not that stupid. They can see what a great job he has done and that there is nothing wrong with the things he says. Everything he says seems to get taken out of context in hope you get people to hate him, but if you were watching the game today from your armchair, i hope you heard the real fans chanting his name at the game.

You really need to read what I write in other threads, it drives me insane when people continually say that I hate redknapp because of his bad run. I just sit with this blank look on my face and wonder how on earth do I get down to a level you are on. I'll never be able to so I'll just have to learn to compensate.

What's more worrying is that you think you can decide who deserves abuse and who doesnt. You don't decide that, is that clear ?

edit : Yes I heard the real fans chanting his name at 1-4.

You've answered it by saying its fine to abuse Campbell for something he said and done, but its not ok to abuse Redknapp for something he said and done.

Look mate, I don't want to argue with you, you're a Spurs fan too.

But there's no comparison between Redknapp and Campbell.

It's years apart.

In my opinion, it's perfectly acceptable to call Campbell every name under the sun, because he shat on us.

At the same time, I do think Harry deserves our backing because he's moving us in the right direction and hasn't shat on us.

I fail to see the connection.

This reminds me of the Defoe-vs-Henry handball (sorry, I meant, "HANDBALL!!!!!") debate. It's all a question of perspective.

Simple! If the Harry loyalists are proven right, it means they're proven right that Harry is the right man for the job. To be proven right Spurs have to be successful and do well! For Harry rebels to be proven right, Harry has to fail....along with Spurs.

I have to admit, after suffering weeks of abuse it's quite nice seeing the posts tonight. The Harry rebels are still out in force making miserable or sarcastic comments. I'll sleep well and happy tonight, especially enjoying the thought that the Harry rebels won't be enjoying this win as much as me as any win for them under Harry is a bittersweet experience!

Why on earth is this all about you?
It isn't.
As for your last sentiment, I think you should be specific. WHO on this forum do you think feels like that? Let's be honest, everyone supports the club first and foremost, so a 4-1 win away from home is great stuff.

I could probably get a million infraction points with people like you around. Harry Redknapp has done an amazing job at Spurs. Sol Campbell did the worst thing possible for football fans. There isnt a thing HR can do that will come close. That is why one deserves abuse, the other doesnt. Is that clear ?

As for why you dislike HR, no idea. Everyone knows there has been a bad spell, but you cant just pick out every negative thing to back up your already formed conclusion. Half the stuff you think he has done is just in your head, and you just highlight it in hope everyone hates him as much as you do. Sadly for you, most people are not that stupid. They can see what a great job he has done and that there is nothing wrong with the things he says. Everything he says seems to get taken out of context in hope you get people to hate him, but if you were watching the game today from your armchair, i hope you heard the real fans chanting his name at the game.

Great post

I was going to post this thread about 3 or 4 weeks ago. but such was the venom on here, I thought I might get banned.

In my opinion, for what it's worth, the vitriolic campaign against Harry in recent weeks is embarrassing.

Whilst I, like you, would prefer he shut up now and again, and whilst I'd be happier if he didn't constantly remind us of "where we were" when he took over, his record is pretty good.

I can deal with with criticisms, but it's bordering on nasty recently, worse than nasty in fact.

People calling him "w*nker" and "c*nt"

Nah, no need for that.

To steal Harry's tactic, I'd like to remind you of how brick Tottenham have been for......pretty much 2 decades.

If you want to insist on a change, then fair doos, but frankly, I've waited a long time for a Tottenham team that even challenges, and the only man to deliver that is Harry.

Careful what you wish for.

Well said

No you won't. You aren't trying to convince me are you? You're trying to convince yourself. We should finish 3rd, we are the 3rd best team, if we don't finish 3rd then this season hasn't been a success etc etc

Enjoy your bittersweet sleep!

just woken up, slept like a baby, just as I said i would. Nothing bitteresweet about it. I don't expect you to understand because it doesn't suit your agenda, but Im perfectly capable of enjoying what would be a successful season while regretting the opportunity lost.

Why on earth is this all about you?
It isn't.
As for your last sentiment, I think you should be specific. WHO on this forum do you think feels like that? Let's be honest, everyone supports the club first and foremost, so a 4-1 win away from home is great stuff.

What on earth are you talking about?! How is saying after weeks of suffering abuse, it's nice to see some positive about Harry? I know you don't like or rate Harry, but the abuse towards him has been completely OTT.

just woken up, slept like a baby, just as I said i would. Nothing bitteresweet about it. I don't expect you to understand because it doesn't suit your agenda, but Im perfectly capable of enjoying what would be a successful season while regretting the opportunity lost.

My agenda is that Harry does well at Spurs! Yours is that you hope he fails. End of really. You try and dress it up like you're reasonable, when the cracks have already shown you are not. At least you're no longer sitting on the fence, whilst passively being critical. At least now you've actually pinned your flag to your mast and you want him out. What was it you said? Even if we finish in the top four he has to go?

Are you honesly suggesting there are fans out there who are not enjoying our last 2 wins based on their 'agendas'?

Look up the word bittersweet.

There were certainly some fans revelling in our failure, and enjoying every moment of sticking it to Harry and saying "I told you so!", "Where are you Harry fans now?!" etc.

i see threads like this are becoming a recurring theme, it's nice to know im not alone..

how long til the likes of wriggly, leeds spur and marky jump back on board?..

ok maybe not leeds spur... lol

I will NEVER conform!!! 8)

Spurs not Harry!

I asked you "You're actually saying that it is ok to abuse someone ?"

Were good to move on now.

DOuble standards I agree.

The only difference is Harry got fudged off and Sol got the offer he was waiting for.

Harry is now back in the room! Somewhere he hasn't been for 3 months, anyone who can't see that is 'willfully blind' IMO.

Back