• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
My agenda is that Harry does well at Spurs! Yours is that you hope he fails. End of really. You try and dress it up like you're reasonable, when the cracks have already shown you are not. At least you're no longer sitting on the fence, whilst passively being critical. At least now you've actually pinned your flag to your mast and you want him out. What was it you said? Even if we finish in the top four he has to go?

As far as I've read, not one poster has said that.

I can only speak for myself (but can be pretty sure there are a number here who agree with me) when I say that I want Harry to succeed for the next two matches and then be replaced. If he isn't replaced then I want him to continue to succeed until he is (the sooner, the better).

Why's that so hard to understand? Being a Redknapp fan is not a prerequisite to being a Spurs fan - just like you're not required to think that BAE is the world's best left back in order to support Spurs.

DOuble standards I agree.

The only difference is Harry got fudged off and Sol got the offer he was waiting for.

Harry is now back in the room! Somewhere he hasn't been for 3 months, anyone who can't see that is 'willfully blind' IMO.

Strangely, Redknapp getting ignored for the England job makes him mildly more likeable. Shows a human aspect when for once he's not managed to orchestrate things where everything turns out well for him and fudge anyone else.

Last edited:
I think people are missing the whole point I tried to make last night. Not one person can pick and choose who gets abuse, you can decide that. If people want to abuse Sol for what he did, thats fine go ahead, If I want to abuse Harry then I should be allowed to say my opinion of him. People may think its OTT, I think the abuse Sol still gets is OTT now, but only because he is such a pittyfull, small man that he really is not worth it anymore. Personally I dont think anyone should get abuse, I do it yes, but thats something I need to work on. But what gets my back up is threads being started to tell someone to stop abusing when they go ahead and abuse someone else because they think that person deserves it.

Harry will get my full backing when he realises not everything is about him, when he stops calling us idiots, when he stops says we should be mid table where we belong, when he goes on a 1 win from 10 streak and cant take critisism or becomes all defensive when asked about it, when he stops saying he would like chelsea to win the CL regardless of what happens to the team in 4th, when he stops hitching his skirt, when he stops flaunting himself to England through his son, when he stops playing suicidal formations, when he has learnt tactics go beyond 'fudging run about a bit' and when he shows a little bit more fudging respect to Spurs. I love my club too much to have Harry 'Im a football manager' Redknapp thinking he is better than us.

That's the end of the discussion for me. If I abuse Harry, report my posts and the mods will take any action that they think is breaking rules, but dont sit there and tell me were allowed to abuse some people but not others.

As far as I've read, not one poster has said that.

I can only speak for myself (but can be pretty sure there are a number here who agree with me) when I say that I want Harry to succeed for the next two matches and then be replaced. If he isn't replaced then I want him to continue to succeed until he is (the sooner, the better).

Why's that so hard to understand? Being a Redknapp fan is not a prerequisite to being a Spurs fan - just like you're not required to think that BAE is the world's best left back in order to support Spurs.

Brilliant

I want him to succeed, and then be replaced

That's Win/Win for sure

I want him to succeed, win a cup, and then be replaced

Could do better than that though.....

I want him to succeed, win the league, and then be replaced

Why stop there?

I want him to succeed, win the champions league, and then be replaced

Oh sod it

I want him to succeed, win a domestic treble, bring glory back to Spurs, and then be replaced

This is almost as good as your prediction that Harry would have us playing the most boring football ever

Glory Glory gold

Please file under classics.

The only difference is Harry got fudged off and Sol got the offer he was waiting for.

Harry is now back in the room! Somewhere he hasn't been for 3 months, anyone who can't see that is 'willfully blind' IMO.

I love Spurs winning, 1-4 last night was awesome. If Harry is now back in the room he needs a good talking to and a good start is his media demenour. I can see were winning and It's brilliant, but first and foremost regardless of who is managing, I love Spurs winning.

Brilliant

I want him to succeed, and then be replaced

That's Win/Win for sure

I want him to succeed, win a cup, and then be replaced

Could do better than that though.....

I want him to succeed, win the league, and then be replaced

Why stop there?

I want him to succeed, win the champions league, and then be replaced

Oh sod it

I want him to succeed, win a domestic treble, bring glory back to Spurs, and then be replaced

This is almost as good as your prediction that Harry would have us playing the most boring football ever

Glory Glory gold

Please file under classics.

So if someone doesn't want Redknapp at the club what's the alternative? Wanting Spurs to get relegated then replace him? Wanting to lose every match first then replace him?

As long as we're stuck with Redknapp, I'm stuck with wanting his team to win because I don't get any say in who represents our club. Why's it so hard to understand that I want Spurs to succeed and I'll (begrudgingly) want Redknapp to succeed because while he's our manager I have no choice?

Scara, why is so difficult to understand that we are succeeding because of Harry?

The players like him...they are performing well for him

Even in the games we've lost, the players have performed

You can count on ONE HAND the number of games we've had all season where the players were brick

The grass is always greener.....

Look mate, I don't want to argue with you, you're a Spurs fan too.

But there's no comparison between Redknapp and Campbell.

It's years apart.

In my opinion, it's perfectly acceptable to call Campbell every name under the sun, because he shat on us.

At the same time, I do think Harry deserves our backing because he's moving us in the right direction and hasn't shat on us.

I fail to see the connection.

I'm not comparing them both, I'm finding it hard to know how you can decide who gets abuse and then be able to justify it wither it be sol or harry or anyone else, have a think about it.

I dont want to argue with you either so lets leave it there.

For me there is a huge difference.

Campbell said he was a Spurs man. Campbell said he was staying at Spurs. Campbell ran down his contract and walked away to our hated rivals on a free transfer.

Redknapp's situation is totally different. I would never have hated Campbell if he'd fudged off to Italy or Spain on a free. I'd have understood it actually. It was the running the contract down, lying to us about staying and then fudging off to the scum that makes me hate him.

The only way this is comparable to Redknapp is if Redknapp stuck around Spurs next year, refused to sign a new contract during the course of the season "to keep his options open", tell the world that he intends to sign a contract and then at the end of the season replace Wenger at Arsenal.

Scara, why is so difficult to understand that we are succeeding because of Harry?

You can count on ONE HAND the number of games we've had all season where the players were brick

Because it would prove him wrong.

Because it would prove him wrong.

That's already been done

If you post on a message board that we will play negative, boring football under Harry.....

....and then we light up the champions league AND premier league (not a Spurs fan opinion, a football fan opinion)

Then your credibility in the Harry debate is shot to pieces

For me there is a huge difference.

Campbell said he was a Spurs man. Campbell said he was staying at Spurs. Campbell ran down his contract and walked away to our hated rivals on a free transfer.

Redknapp's situation is totally different. I would never have hated Campbell if he'd fudged off to Italy or Spain on a free. I'd have understood it actually. It was the running the contract down, lying to us about staying and then fudging off to the scum that makes me hate him.

The only way this is comparable to Redknapp is if Redknapp stuck around Spurs next year, refused to sign a new contract during the course of the season "to keep his options open", tell the world that he intends to sign a contract and then at the end of the season replace Wenger at Arsenal.

Comparing a manager and a player is different I agree.

Judas is the worst example of a player dingdonging on his club in history, without a doubt

Frankly I don't care whether he's the cause of our success or not (although I firmly believe it's despite him). I simply don't want someone like that at our club and would enjoy victories more under almost any other manager.

My agenda is that Harry does well at Spurs! Yours is that you hope he fails. End of really. You try and dress it up like you're reasonable, when the cracks have already shown you are not. At least you're no longer sitting on the fence, whilst passively being critical. At least now you've actually pinned your flag to your mast and you want him out. What was it you said? Even if we finish in the top four he has to go?

If Harry fails, Spurs fail - why on earth would I want that? If you honestly believe that you must have some serious issues.

Harry will get my full backing when he realises not everything is about him,
In your head.

when he stops calling us idiots,
Stop ringing TalkSport.

when he stops says we should be mid table where we belong,
He never did.

when he goes on a 1 win from 10 streak and cant take critisism or becomes all defensive when asked about it,
Because he feels Norwich was our only truly poor performance in the league. Like many others do.

when he stops saying he would like chelsea to win the CL regardless of what happens to the team in 4th,
He doesn't want Chelsea to win the Champions League.

when he stops hitching his skirt,
Saying it would be an honour to manage his country?

when he stops flaunting himself to England through his son,
Tell Jamie.

when he stops playing suicidal formations,
Not seen that yet.

when he has learnt tactics go beyond 'fudging run about a bit'
He also makes use of, 'the wind'.

and when he shows a little bit more fudging respect to Spurs.
Always has.

I love my club too much to have Harry 'Im a football manager' Redknapp thinking he is better than us.
Stone him.

You will never be happy.

Back