• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
I feel bad now, sorry mate.

Look, I'm just bored with the blind criticism, it's all one-eyed, and based on some ridiculous notion where Spurs rule, and we won everything.

Fact is, we've been brick for yonks, it's the truth, and the current Harry team is up there with the best Spurs sides in recent history.

If people have a problem with Harry, then I can deal with that, but don't pretend we'd be Barca without him.

It's embarrassing.

You keep avoiding my question, not sure why ? Maybe you didnt see how to access it ?

View attachment 539

I wouldn't say the form was bad. It was the results that were bad. Sure we weren't out of this world, but nor were we playing badly other than two occasions.

For example against Everton, Sunderland, QPR and Chelsea away we took 2pts out of a possible 12 and yet we were the best team in all FOUR matches. Same with home draw against Stoke. We were at least equal to Man Utd at home in terms of general performance.

Likewise I am not going to get carried away about the last two matches as they were both against poor sides and in my opinion regardless of the result we played NO better today than we did against Everton, Sunderland or Chelsea. And yet today we scored 4 goals.

I guess the bottom line is, I kept the faith and from what I could tell the failings in the results were down to individual errors from players. The exceptions being Arsenal and Norwich, where I freely accept Harry fudged up and didn't give the players a chance.

Mate I agree. When you go to Everton away and have 20 shots (attempts opportunities etc) then that cant be considered brick.

I just tried to throw a dog a bone.

Mate I agree. When you go to Everton away and have 20 shots (attempts opportunities etc) then that cant be considered brick.

I just tried to throw a dog a bone.

20 shots doesnt mean as much as we shot the ball 20 times.

question is , were they quality attempts?

Lambert
Martinez
Moyes
Coyle

Ask yourself these questions, Have any of those managers you named

- Managed a club in the top half of the PL?
- Manged a club challenging for top 4?
- Managed a club in any kind of European football?
- Won a trophy?
- Managed players the like of Modric/VDV/Ade?
- Managed a club where expectation is anything but survival?

Of all the managers you named, only Moyes (and being kind to him), can say yes to any, and even then, probably only half.

But somehow in your mind they are logically all better options that Harry, personal bias much?

The strange thing is how we cant not be behind the manager if every single supporter wants us to win. What if they are not behind him, do they want us to lose to prove a point? I cant believe even the most anti Redknapp fan wants us to lose/draw any game. We all want the same things here, regardless of our beliefs on the players/manager.

20 shots doesnt mean as much as we shot the ball 20 times.

question is , were they quality attempts?

Hence I said in brackets - attempts/opportunities.

The second half of that game we were dominant. Apart from the first two games and maybe Norwich at home - I dont think we have had a really bricky type of game where we played as bad as Manure did against bricky for example. I think in all the games we have created and had chances and attacked and had possession etc.

The only thing we lacked was finishing and yeah a bit of luck. Against QPR for example , they mustered a goal out of a free kick and thats it really they didnt have any opportunities, we did.

Today Ade was shocking in first half but when he got the first he had the confidence to go for goal again and again and hopefully that confidence will flow into the next two game

The strange thing is how we cant not be behind the manager if every single supporter wants us to win. What if they are not behind him, do they want us to lose to prove a point? I cant believe even the most anti Redknapp fan wants us to lose/draw any game. We all want the same things here, regardless of our beliefs on the players/manager.

Well look at the reaction in this thread for example, still a lot of negative comments despite two wins in a row.

I feel bad now, sorry mate.

Look, I'm just bored with the blind criticism, it's all one-eyed, and based on some ridiculous notion where Spurs rule, and we won everything.

Fact is, we've been brick for yonks, it's the truth, and the current Harry team is up there with the best Spurs sides in recent history.

If people have a problem with Harry, then I can deal with that, but don't pretend we'd be Barca without him.

It's embarrassing.

It definitely is all about context. I said in another thread that I cannot believe how fast Spurs fans have taken being in the top six (let alone top four) for granted and become arrogant about it. What exactly do we have to be arrogant about? We last won the title in 1961. That was FOURTEEN years before I was even born! I've never seen us win a title. I can barely remember us finishing 3rd in 1990!

What I think winds me up the most though is that Manager rebels (and I'll say Manager, because it happens everytime we have a Manager) seem to enjoy gloating over loyalists when things are going wrong. Maybe that's why I just don't get them.

The only two Managers in recent years that I really wanted gone were Graham and Ramos. I wanted Graham gone because of the brand of football he had us playing. It was that simple. Once he finally got his way and got rid of Ginola, we literally had no flair in our team.

The other one I wanted gone was Ramos, but it was with great reluctance. I was desperate for him to turn it around and even to this day I wonder whether he was given enough time. I guess the language issue didn't help his cause.

The ironic thing is, I really didn't want Redknapp at Spurs! When he first came in I was confident he'd save us from relegation, and maybe even stabilise us as a comfortable mid-table side rather than being a yo yo team. I didn't actually think he'd last more than two seasons. Am very pleased to have been proven wrong!!

Coyle- Likely to be relegated this season, never managed a big club.
Martinez- Never managed even a medium sized club let alone a big club.
Lambert- Only 1 season in the premier league.
Moyes- His team always bottle it in local derbies.

All these are supposed to be better alternatives to Redknapp??

What are you talking about?

Just copy and paste the question.

I clicked your link, and I have no idea of your point.

There is no point, its a question. For the 3rd time in a row you are deflecting from it. You have seen it every single time I've asked you to look for it so first time you are a guest, 3rd time you are a pest.

You start the thread saying the Harry abuse is uncalled for. I have given him abuse and deep down, truthfully its not needed, but I dont like him, I dont like what he says, I dont like his tactics and I detest his style and the fact he would walk away from us without batting an eyelid. Yet, you seem to think abusing someone else is fine as you don't like him for what he has said and done. I can only asume this as you have side-stepped my question. I give Harry abuse for what he has said and done. You seem have double standards.

There is no point, its a question. For the 3rd time in a row you are deflecting from it. You have seen it every single time I've asked you to look for it so first time you are a guest, 3rd time you are a pest.

You start the thread saying the Harry abuse is uncalled for. I have given him abuse and deep down, truthfully its not needed, but I dont like him, I dont like what he says, I dont like his tactics and I detest his style and the fact he would walk away from us without batting an eyelid. Yet, you seem to think abusing someone else is fine as you don't like him for what he has said and done. I can only asume this as you have side-stepped my question. I give Harry abuse for what he has said and done. You seem have double standards.

:lol:

Is THAT all you seriously have to worry about in your life?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soooooo glad someone has made this thread. I've been behind Harry the whole way. The fact is our squad is not on the highest wages like others, doesn't have the required amount of quality in depth needed to win a Title and the truth is Levy has not provided Harry with the funds he would like to improve. People deify Levy on here but he's been trying to do things on the cheap. Yes we went through a poor run of form and maybe Harry made a couple of mistakes, but we have had some fantastic times under him and it really has been disgraceful the way a lot of people on here have posted and written about him. I'm sure Harry is absolutely genuine when he says he wanted players like Tevez & Cahill, who wouldn't? Harry more than anyone would love to shut up the critics who say he's only won one Trophy etc etc.

Harry Redknapp is our manager and as proud Spurs fans we should fight his corner and stand by him. This week he's been snubbed by the FA and lost out on his dream job in favour of Roy Hodgson!! Can you imagine how humiliated he must feel? We will only realise what we've got with Redknapp when he's gone.

Coyle- Likely to be relegated this season, never managed a big club.
Martinez- Never managed even a medium sized club let alone a big club.
Lambert- Only 1 season in the premier league.
Moyes- His team always bottle it in local derbies.

All these are supposed to be better alternatives to Redknapp??

a pretty poor reason for Moyes though, under funded...weaker players talentwise....always an uphill battle against pool...

yet he wins a few games against them ....not sure i would say 'always' bottles it. everton fight tooth and nail in those derbies

Ask yourself these questions, Have any of those managers you named

- Managed a club in the top half of the PL?
- Manged a club challenging for top 4?
- Managed a club in any kind of European football?
- Won a trophy?
- Managed players the like of Modric/VDV/Ade?
- Managed a club where expectation is anything but survival?

Of all the managers you named, only Moyes (and being kind to him), can say yes to any, and even then, probably only half.

But somehow in your mind they are logically all better options that Harry, personal bias much?

It's not personal bias i have said many times on here i want us to go for a young manager who can build a squad, i do not trust harry to do that. Im looking for a coach/manager with potential much like i do not expect or want us to buy tevez but take a chance on an up and coming striker i think we can take an educated chance on a manager.

I spoke about lambert last year actually and have spoken for a couple of seasons how i feel we should look to replace redknapp. I feel when push comes to shove he is not good in pressure games.

It is my belive that lambert and the others have more about them, they i have seen written all spend more time on the trainning pitch, i think it shows in certain matches. Im sure none of them would have been so clueless when we were 2-0 up against arsenal or got our arse handed to us on a plate in so many cup matches i can not be bothered to name them all.

Redknapp is not the man to take us to the next level, the other may or may not be. But just like i wanted to see the back of pav because i thought the were better strikers out there i want to see the back of redknapp because i belive the are better managers out there.

The future does not scare me but then i am a member of the most progressive political party in this country and belive that the future can bring opportunties, work hard and look into a future appointment well and we can move up a level which i do not belive redknapp is capable of.

We need a manager who is going to keep on track and not change his mind all the time, not try to undermine and escape criticsm when things do not go to plan, we need a discplined manager with balls. Redknapp got us back on an even footing im pleased for that but now the canvas has been prepared for someone to come in and paint a master piece, arry aint capable of that, i have seen years of proof.

Back