• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
But who???

We ain't done it in 20 fudging years!

This is a completely flawed argument. So what if we were crap before? We arent now - we have potential for great things. Im not happy just being better than we were, I want to be the best we possibly can be (same as always). I dont think Redknapp is the man to deliver that.

Truth be told Im undecided on who certainly is, and would be delighted if Redknapp were to develop into that man - but after 4 years cant help thinking there is no teaching this old dog new tricks

Can not speak for spursalot but i would take these names above of redknapp

Lambert
Martinez
Moyes
Coyle

Apart from Moyes, just the current fashionable types. Some literally from just the last few weeks (Martinez). Loads of managers have had a decent season with newly promoted clubs. Remember George Burley? Even Peter Reid with Sunderland. Souness got Blackburn promoted and finished 6th.

Say what you like about Redknapp but he did the decent job with three unfasionable clubs and won a major trophy. When these fellas have got three clubs under their belt then maybe we should think about it. Again, not including Moyes who shouldn't be talked about with the others IMO. He has done it consistently for a decade.

agreed billyiddo, i must admit to flip flopping on him recently, i went from ardent supporter to militant protestor, and i might be swinging back again

the difference now is that no bigger club is gonna come calling, Harry must know Spurs is as good as it gets

its only 1 game but its a start. In the weeks where we was not winning we was still playing good possession football but teams were parking the bus a bit on us. I knew Bolton would have a go at us as they needed the points and so it opened up the game for us.

These Harry years have been the best years by far for a long time. Im behind him now, But I still dont like the fact he never came out and said he was Tottenham first no matter what happened with England. That said he wanted to go, and that irks with me.

blackburn as well, it came out sunday morning

What will be proven though? Nothing. There is no 'victory' in any of this, just different views or perceptions.

You have me down as a Harry rebel, whatever - I really dont care - but I can assure you I will be sleeping like a baby tonight, dreaming of a Norwich draw and a Villa loss and 3rd place in our hands. And of a 3rd place finish, with Chelsea winning the CL - and Wengers face at the end of it all.

Im delighted with the result tonight, absolutely made up - nothing bittersweet about it.

Do I think we can do better than Harry? Yes I do. Am I capable of appreciating and enjoying his successes? Yes I am - his successes are Spurs successes.

Well in that case I guess I am happier in my perception of how good we are, than you are! I'll be fudging delighted if we finish 4th this season!

Pretty smug of you.

Read my posts.

my bad, if you've been fighting his corner with this much vigour then i apologise.

personally i hadnt noticed, not like people like MK and mick that set up barricade and just camped in there from the marauding horde

like i said, if you've been at it like you have in this thread then i extend my apology

agreed billyiddo, i must admit to flip flopping on him recently, i went from ardent supporter to militant protestor, and i might be swinging back again

the difference now is that no bigger club is gonna come calling, Harry must know Spurs is as good as it gets

I'm sure he'll have an eye on what's happening at Stamford Bridge in the summer.

Im a big Harry fan and have been a big advocate of his.

The guy gets us playing some great football and like I have always said - we were on a bad run of form. Every team has had a bad run of form (maybe bar Noocastle who have been extremely consistent). Ok granted its a bit of a coincidence that the England job is out the way but even then Blackburn game was before the England news.

I seriously think he wants to build for the next three or four years but is hindered by lack of money and we are in a transitional period simply because of the stadium plans also.

I wouldn't say the form was bad. It was the results that were bad. Sure we weren't out of this world, but nor were we playing badly other than two occasions.

For example against Everton, Sunderland, QPR and Chelsea away we took 2pts out of a possible 12 and yet we were the best team in all FOUR matches. Same with home draw against Stoke. We were at least equal to Man Utd at home in terms of general performance.

Likewise I am not going to get carried away about the last two matches as they were both against poor sides and in my opinion regardless of the result we played NO better today than we did against Everton, Sunderland or Chelsea. And yet today we scored 4 goals.

I guess the bottom line is, I kept the faith and from what I could tell the failings in the results were down to individual errors from players. The exceptions being Arsenal and Norwich, where I freely accept Harry fudged up and didn't give the players a chance.

No you won't. You aren't trying to convince me are you? You're trying to convince yourself. We should finish 3rd, we are the 3rd best team, if we don't finish 3rd then this season hasn't been a success etc etc

Enjoy your bittersweet sleep!

sad thing is you probably believe that

he might, doesn't fit the Abramovich template though does he

Even so Harry would never walk away from us. He has only had some bad form, nothing else, no outspoken disrespectful comments towards the club, no whoring himself, no talking through his son regarding England, no clueless tactics, no capitulation 2 years on the trot, and would never walk away to another job, ever.

my bad, if you've been fighting his corner with this much vigour then i apologise.

personally i hadnt noticed, not like people like MK and mick that set up barricade and just camped in there from the marauding horde

like i said, if you've been at it like you have in this thread then i extend my apology

I feel bad now, sorry mate.

Look, I'm just bored with the blind criticism, it's all one-eyed, and based on some ridiculous notion where Spurs rule, and we won everything.

Fact is, we've been brick for yonks, it's the truth, and the current Harry team is up there with the best Spurs sides in recent history.

If people have a problem with Harry, then I can deal with that, but don't pretend we'd be Barca without him.

It's embarrassing.

Even so Harry would never walk away from us. He has only had some bad form, nothing else, no outspoken disrespectful comments towards the club, no whoring himself, no talking through his son regarding England, no clueless tactics, no capitulation 2 years on the trot, and would never walk away to another job, ever.

i don't think he will, but only because he won't get the chance, which will do for me as long as he keeps us ticking along

Back