• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Some classic stuff on here since the QPR defeat:

Kaboul and Ade organise meeting behind the back of Redknapp. They'll never play for us again.... both start the next game!

No chance of another point this season!

Lost the players!

It is not bad form!

Redknapp has run them into the ground!

He said, HE DARED TO SAY, that we haven't done much over the last 20 years. A couple of Carling Cups and that is your lot. So, just about everything we've been saying for about 20 years too. How dare he, the bastard. Cue outcry akin to him calling us all ****s. Much better to go the Jol route and start banging on about wanting to emulate the great 'Jim Nicholson' and making up stories about calling the Linesman at a **** at the Man Utd Mendes games. Yeah right you did! :lol:

etc etc.

Last edited:
A couple of weeks back, we were all wondering if the players were tired. Well maybe Harry was the most tired of all. Hes had a very long season... He probably needs a good break.

Simple! If the Harry loyalists are proven right, it means they're proven right that Harry is the right man for the job. To be proven right Spurs have to be successful and do well! For Harry rebels to be proven right, Harry has to fail....along with Spurs.

I have to admit, after suffering weeks of abuse it's quite nice seeing the posts tonight. The Harry rebels are still out in force making miserable or sarcastic comments. I'll sleep well and happy tonight, especially enjoying the thought that the Harry rebels won't be enjoying this win as much as me as any win for them under Harry is a bittersweet experience!

What will be proven though? Nothing. There is no 'victory' in any of this, just different views or perceptions.

You have me down as a Harry rebel, whatever - I really dont care - but I can assure you I will be sleeping like a baby tonight, dreaming of a Norwich draw and a Villa loss and 3rd place in our hands. And of a 3rd place finish, with Chelsea winning the CL - and Wengers face at the end of it all.

Im delighted with the result tonight, absolutely made up - nothing bittersweet about it.

Do I think we can do better than Harry? Yes I do. Am I capable of appreciating and enjoying his successes? Yes I am - his successes are Spurs successes.

The most important thing is for the players to get behind him now and give all for the last 2 games. None of this England flimflam anymore! Encouraging signs so far tonight.

So tell us, who would you rather led us?

Can not speak for spursalot but i would take these names above of redknapp

Lambert
Martinez
Moyes
Coyle

I like lambert and think he is an exceptional young manager who has shown good attributes with his norwich team, they have been beaten badly a couple of times as happens with all promoted teams. For me he shows a better understanding of the game then redknapp and how he behaves with the press would please more then how redknapp behaves with the press which i think is damaging the club.

Martinez i belive could be in the verge of big things and is a very impressive coach i like him and belive he could step up with a club with better resources, like all the names on my list actually.

Moyes, yes his teams can be ugly but i belive he has the experince through being with everton and although im not convinced he is a winner it would be interesting to see what he could do with better players, he is certainly no worse then redknapp.

Coyle is so unlucky that he has no budget and could not bring in the quality striker his teams approach play deserves, if he could find a good striker then bolton would be top 8. He comes across as a classy guy as well.

Can not speak for spursalot but i would take these names above of redknapp

Wait i'm fine with Redknapp being in charge, i've never particularly been against him. I still think he needs to sort out the 'end' of season slumps, but he does a pretty good job overall in my view...

The most important thing is for the players to get behind him now and give all for the last 2 games. None of this England flimflam anymore! Encouraging signs so far tonight.

it can't be coincidence that since the hodgson talk came out we've suddenly started playing again, heads were up, we were chasing everything, closing down high up the pitch, wingers were getting in behind, the exact opposite of the semi final

put this somewhere else, might as well re post here as its more applicable

when i thought it was just a blip i actually came out and backed Harry - it wasn't until it dragged on and to me became more than just a blip - when i thought it was down to him dreaming of England, that is when i changed my opinion and decided he should go/i wanted him to leave. if England never came calling likelihood is that i would still be in favor of Redknapp - my new worry is that should he stay what happens if he gets linked to another club which he would consider - would we fall apart again for the same reasons ? I want a 100% focused manager to take us forward, these past few months have raise questions as to whether Harry is that man, in my mind at least.

it can't be coincidence that since the hodgson talk came out we've suddenly started playing again, heads were up, we were chasing everything, closing down high up the pitch, wingers were getting in behind, the exact opposite of the semi final

its only 1 game but its a start. In the weeks where we was not winning we was still playing good possession football but teams were parking the bus a bit on us. I knew Bolton would have a go at us as they needed the points and so it opened up the game for us.

These Harry years have been the best years by far for a long time. Im behind him now, But I still dont like the fact he never came out and said he was Tottenham first no matter what happened with England. That said he wanted to go, and that irks with me.

Im a big Harry fan and have been a big advocate of his.

The guy gets us playing some great football and like I have always said - we were on a bad run of form. Every team has had a bad run of form (maybe bar Noocastle who have been extremely consistent). Ok granted its a bit of a coincidence that the England job is out the way but even then Blackburn game was before the England news.

I seriously think he wants to build for the next three or four years but is hindered by lack of money and we are in a transitional period simply because of the stadium plans also.

I was going to post this thread about 3 or 4 weeks ago. but such was the venom on here, I thought I might get banned.

In my opinion, for what it's worth, the vitriolic campaign against Harry in recent weeks is embarrassing.

Whilst I, like you, would prefer he shut up now and again, and whilst I'd be happier if he didn't constantly remind us of "where we were" when he took over, his record is pretty good.

I can deal with with criticisms, but it's bordering on nasty recently, worse than nasty in fact.

People calling him "w*nker" and "c*nt"

Nah, no need for that.

To steal Harry's tactic, I'd like to remind you of how brick Tottenham have been for......pretty much 2 decades.

If you want to insist on a change, then fair doos, but frankly, I've waited a long time for a Tottenham team that even challenges, and the only man to deliver that is Harry.

Careful what you wish for.

shame you didnt post this when he was getting slaughtered :). Two wins on the trot and come out of hiding is easier i take it

Agree with the core message of what you're saying though but you have to give people their right to an opinion

the confidence in our team is up slightly, and we're gaining a bit of form to overcome that dreadful run.

hopefully it continues

Back