• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Something I've moaned about before, but was brought into sharp relief against a bewildered Blackburn at the weekend is how seldom our attacking players are actually moving when they receive the ball. They're almost always standing still, waiting for it to feet, and often receiving it from a player at least as, if not further advanced than they are. They're nearly always having to develop the play from a standing start, as crucial seconds are consumed in the face of a regrouping defence, like chess-pieces being repositioned. On the occasions when we do manage to play a ball into space behind a defensive line for someone to chase, it's like a breath of fresh air and, surprise, surprise, we actually look a lot more like scoring. Modrić managed to do it for himself in the opening minutes on Sunday. He was let down on the occasion by the fact he shoots like a 9-year-old girl, but we are often playing in front of teams and I often ask myself why, given the pace of some of our players, we seem so incapable of getting the ball in behind quicker.

Edit: One factor, I think, is that we don't handle switching the tempo of the game well, because (I suspect) we aren't drilled in that aspect.

Last edited:
Does Anyone Else Want To Get Behind Harry?

I was going to post this thread about 3 or 4 weeks ago. but such was the venom on here, I thought I might get banned.

In my opinion, for what it's worth, the vitriolic campaign against Harry in recent weeks is embarrassing.

Whilst I, like you, would prefer he shut up now and again, and whilst I'd be happier if he didn't constantly remind us of "where we were" when he took over, his record is pretty good.

I can deal with with criticisms, but it's bordering on nasty recently, worse than nasty in fact.

People calling him "w*nker" and "c*nt"

Nah, no need for that.

To steal Harry's tactic, I'd like to remind you of how brick Tottenham have been for......pretty much 2 decades.

If you want to insist on a change, then fair doos, but frankly, I've waited a long time for a Tottenham team that even challenges, and the only man to deliver that is Harry.

Careful what you wish for.

I would imagine this situation would end like the Modric one this season with people calling him a rat etc when he wanted to leave but when that chance had gone they got behind him. Its impossible to support an individual above your club which is why its impossible to blame fans for criticising a manager/player who was not committed to our club and ambitions.

I was going to start a topic saying i still want to replace redknapp in the summer. I still do.

The is no harm getting behind the manager and the team which is what we should all do.

But i think i would prefer a manager who i perceive to be able to build for the future, one who i did not think was scared of signing potential great players unlike redknapp who seems to want to focus on ones who are aging.

Redknapp is not the devil but he is in my opinon an average coach and i would prefer we looked for someone who could take us to the next level who did not slag us off in the press who did not constantly talk to the press saying one thing one week and the opposite the following week.

I have had these thoughts about redknapp for a couple of years and will continue to have them even if we finish 3rd. I am not a harry hater or a lover. The are some fans who which for a change in manager for the reasons i have listed it is just our voice is heard more or listened to more when we do badly as we have done recently.

We have to back whoever's our manager till he leaves for whatever reason. Simple maths for me. Blimey but his points tally is uncanny, proves he's taken us as far as he can ? I think it shows we just need a bit more depth in the squad to move up. Stability is an amazing thing, I think Arry knows that even tho he can be centre of a maelstrom himself.

How can you prove anything? Other than your opinion differs from others?

Simple! If the Harry loyalists are proven right, it means they're proven right that Harry is the right man for the job. To be proven right Spurs have to be successful and do well! For Harry rebels to be proven right, Harry has to fail....along with Spurs.

I have to admit, after suffering weeks of abuse it's quite nice seeing the posts tonight. The Harry rebels are still out in force making miserable or sarcastic comments. I'll sleep well and happy tonight, especially enjoying the thought that the Harry rebels won't be enjoying this win as much as me as any win for them under Harry is a bittersweet experience!

I would imagine this situation would end like the Modric one this season with people calling him a rat etc when he wanted to leave but when that chance had gone they got behind him. Its impossible to support an individual above your club which is why its impossible to blame fans for criticising a manager/player who was not committed to our club and ambitions.

Criticism is fine, if you don't perform, you deserve criticism. Calling him a saggy faced **** is uncalled for.

Support the team. The manager picks the team. He doesn't need support. He's not a kid and I'm sure he can do his job fine without a crowd of people chanting his name. The money he is getting should be enough motivation for a man like Redknapp. I'm happy he's here as long as he gets results.

Back