• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

any predictions as to when we will see his first PL goal this season?? i say home to Emirates Marketing Project Oct 2nd

Judging by his performance on Saturday, it could be a while. After the international break, at least. He didn't look sharp at all. But that said, he's capable of scoring out of nothing, so maybe next match?

any predictions as to when we will see his first PL goal this season?? i say home to Emirates Marketing Project Oct 2nd

Would mirror when he scored his first league goal last season. But we've got Sunderland, Boro, Stoke and Palace before we play Emirates Marketing Project so I would expect him to score at least 1 before then. I only worry about the hangover from the Euros.

Scoring is one thing but he's not playing that well either. I'm a little worried but less so as Janseen looks up for it.

He says in this interview that he and others are not yet 100% fit (which I doubt is a surprise to anyone).
"I'm probably still not 100 percent. I had one preseason game and today. We are training hard and I am sure it will not be long before we are fully match fit."
He added: "I did not really have a chance on goal today which is always disappointing as a striker. It is the first game of the season and there is a long way to go. A lot of us are still getting our fitness. We are going to train hard again this week and be ready for next Saturday."

http://www.espnfc.com/tottenham-hot...e-admits-hes-still-not-at-100-percent-fitness

For me, a bit of a rusty start for Kane is worth it if it means he is fully rested and recovered from the last couple of seasons which have been very full-on for him. However I don't think we will have to wait too long for him to find his goal scoring boots. I reckon he will score against either Palace or Liverpool - probably Palace. Having Janssen now as competition should also help. This is going to be another top scoring season for Harry.

Napoli approached Tottenham Hotspur for Harry Kane today, but were told to forget it, claim Sky Sport Italia.

The Partenopei are still seeking a replacement for Gonzalo Higuain following his €90m transfer to Juventus.

Mauro Icardi was the first choice, but Inter locked down their captain even after €62m proposals.

According to Sky Sport Italia, today Napoli asked Spurs if they would be prepared to part with Kane, but the response was negative.

The 23-year-old England international scored 28 goals in 50 competitive games for Tottenham last season.

http://www.football-italia.net/90339/spurs-reject-napoli-bid-kane

http://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/kane-i-want-to-stay-at-spurs-for-life/

“I’d love to stay here. The club is in great shape at the moment, and we’re going forward as a club, and that’s important.

“As long as there’s a vision with the club, and we’re not stale, we’re going forward as a club. At the moment, we’re an excited group of young players with a great manager, great training ground and a new stadium coming too.

“I’d love to stay here for the rest of my career. We’ll just have to see what happens.”

If only he had stopped talking after "rest of my career".

(Of course I know he is going to move on at some point. As long as it is overseas, and hopefully after winning titles and/or cups with us, it will be just about bearable)

http://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/kane-i-want-to-stay-at-spurs-for-life/

“I’d love to stay here. The club is in great shape at the moment, and we’re going forward as a club, and that’s important.

“As long as there’s a vision with the club, and we’re not stale, we’re going forward as a club. At the moment, we’re an excited group of young players with a great manager, great training ground and a new stadium coming too.

“I’d love to stay here for the rest of my career. We’ll just have to see what happens.”

On the contrary, if he wins titles with us I do not see him moving, it is if he does not a title that cause a problem. If we were champions and resident in a 61000 seater super stadium there is no simply no reason to move

Another very poor showing I'm sorry to say.

I'm loathed to be over critical as he prove me so wrong in the last couple of season. But he look so wooden and so unlike a premier league top striker at this time.

then bringing Janssen on looks to compound the problem giving us two strikers with the similar shortcomings!

Stumbled across a very interesting post on SC that I thought i'd copy here....can anyone say if this is even remotely a possible issue? Or just plain b0ll0cks?

Some poster on SC said:
Exactly, but he needs more.

To repeat (not to you Spurz, I agree), he has an under developed palate (hence the speech issue and constant open mouth in games), this means he very likely has a lower resting breathing volume, so recovers slower and is more prone to acidosis (not being efficient in cycling lactic acid in particular).

You have to question the nutritional/medical science team at Spurs when Kane, Dier, Alli and Eriksen are all so out of sorts, they did not get the required recovery, Harry is compound to last summer also. They are being failed IMO.

This leads to major disease over the longer term if not addressed, hence my questioning of Pochettino's logeivity if this issue is not given world class focus.

Stumbled across a very interesting post on SC that I thought i'd copy here....can anyone say if this is even remotely a possible issue? Or just plain b0ll0cks?

Just been reading more of the thread on SC. We must hope that this is being looked into by Spurs............

It is going to cost them a great of money as his new supposed five year £125K pw contract will be viewed in a totally different light.

Back